Verified:

eManny Game profile

May 6th 2014, 18:05:18

I did not receive my 6 bonus turns for 18-hour login bonus...

I WANT THOSE OKAY?!?! RAWWWR

blid

EE Patron

May 6th 2014, 18:07:52

No bonuses are awarded until the game is over 24 hours old
Originally posted by Mr. Titanium:
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

Marshal Game profile

May 6th 2014, 19:28:24

voting bonuspoints are given if votes after set has started but login bonuses won't be gotten until day 2 like blid said.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

hsifreta Game profile

May 6th 2014, 21:10:25

noob fail.

eManny Game profile

May 6th 2014, 22:14:17

fail idea
why 24 hours =[[ now I lost 6 turns BAAHHH Q Q

blid

EE Patron

May 6th 2014, 22:37:36

But you're 6 hours ahead on claiming the next bonus! So more like you lost 4 turns... Umm, the reason why doesn't make much sense I think, it's to stop people from getting an advantage by being able to log in right at once, or something.
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

eManny Game profile

May 6th 2014, 23:49:31

I don't get it.

And I cannot login every 18hours anyway because that would mean i'd have to stay up real late or wake up middle of night.
So today's 'bonus' to me is lost forever!

BAD DESIGN IMO!

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

May 7th 2014, 0:07:26

Cry moar ur tears are so sweet
I financially support this game; what do you do?

dexsydcol Game profile

May 7th 2014, 0:44:43

He must be a democrat...complaining about his "free" phones...

Marshal Game profile

May 7th 2014, 10:52:01

Originally posted by eManny:
fail idea
why 24 hours =(( now I lost 6 turns BAAHHH Q Q

because that way all players get same turns during 1st 2 days.

Edited By: Marshal on May 7th 2014, 19:30:18

blid

EE Patron

May 7th 2014, 15:43:53

Not eManny, because he has to wait longer to get his bonus now

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

May 7th 2014, 18:38:57

Originally posted by dexsydcol:
He must be a democrat...complaining about his "free" phones...

LMAO nice, very nice haha
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)

https://youtu.be/...pxFw4?si=mCDXT3t1vmFgn0qn

-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF~SKA=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

Marshal Game profile

May 7th 2014, 19:31:01

Originally posted by blid:
Not eManny, because he has to wait longer to get his bonus now

its same for everybody, some won't get and some get and in the long run it doesn't matter much.

qz is planning to remove (revamp) login bonus, i'd like to sell stuffs twice a day but it isn't always possible unless i switch to 12 hrs logins and then on weekends getting 18hrs bonus.

LATC Game profile

May 7th 2014, 20:20:45

Is there even a purpose to them anymore? Wasn't it done in the past to lower server load? With servers the way they are now and this game requiring VERY LITTLE resources, shouldn't need to incentivize ppl not to login often.
Originally posted by Xinhuan:
Are you guys stupid or what?

SAM_DANGER Game profile

May 7th 2014, 20:25:09

Originally posted by LATC:
Is there even a purpose to them anymore? Wasn't it done in the past to lower server load? With servers the way they are now and this game requiring VERY LITTLE resources, shouldn't need to incentivize ppl not to login often.

ABSOLUTELY AGREED.

UNLESS THERE IS [DANGER] OF SERVER OVERLOAD, I DON'T SEE THE POINT OF LOGOUT TIME BONUSES ANY MORE. SOMEWHAT FREQUENTLY, I FIND THAT I WOULD LIKE TO BE ABLE TO LOG IN EVERY TIME MY MARKET SALES GO THROUGH IN ORDER TO SELL MORE, BUT THE LOSS OF 6 TURNS PER DAY (MORE THAN 10% OF YOUR TURNS ON SOME SERVERS) REALLY PUTS THE BRAKES ON THAT.

IS THERE ANOTHER PURPOSE FOR THE LOGOUT TIME BONUS?

blid

EE Patron

May 7th 2014, 21:01:15

Logout bonuses are cool as h*ck, standing orders go part of the way but i don't want some dude sitting in his country all day picking off the cheap goods, waiting for DRs to go down to make attacks, and so on, without him giving up a little something in exchange

Xinhuan Game profile

May 7th 2014, 21:11:44

Originally posted by SAM_DANGER:

It discourages botting and/or market camping.

SAM_DANGER Game profile

May 7th 2014, 21:54:07

Originally posted by blid:
Logout bonuses are cool as h*ck, standing orders go part of the way but i don't want some dude sitting in his country all day picking off the cheap goods, waiting for DRs to go down to make attacks, and so on, without him giving up a little something in exchange

I SEE YOUR POINT THERE BLID. I AM ONLY RESPONDING BECAUSE YOUR CENSORING OF THE WORD "HECK" MADE ME LAUGH. THANK YOU!

ONCE AGAIN I AM PROVEN WRONG BY XINHUAN. I SHOULD HAVE ASKED ON THE "XINHUAN SAYS" THREAD BEFORE POSTING HERE!

Marshal Game profile

May 7th 2014, 21:59:53

Originally posted by LATC:

nowadays? not really since hardware to run game is much cheaper than it was when mehul made earth2025 and players have possibilty to get online 24/7 unlike 15 years ago when we used dial-up and paid usage of net and playerbase isn't that big that qz's server would have difficulties to handle load. still those 3/6 turns are helpful since during war those can decide if target dies or not and during netting it means players have 3/6 turns worth more stuff to sell and that way buy more stuff needed.

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

May 7th 2014, 22:15:30

Originally it was to keep the network from being crowded, now a days that isn't so much of a problem but as xin said it helps for the market camping etc etc
I financially support this game; what do you do?

eManny Game profile

May 7th 2014, 22:26:27

I am not a democrat as I am a canadian citizen.
And who is still a democrat anyway, after Obama was elected twice, come on! LOL

The point of my post was to bring up login bonus, looks like it worked :)

Also, removing login bonuses wouldn't be a good idea imo. That's at least 360 turns less in a set and that would totally change the game and old records would never be beaten...

SAM_DANGER Game profile

May 7th 2014, 22:44:46

Originally posted by eManny:

Also, removing login bonuses wouldn't be a good idea imo. That's at least 360 turns less in a set and that would totally change the game and old records would never be beaten...

I PERSONALLY DON'T THINK THE BEATABILITY OF OLD RECORDS SHOULD BE CONSIDERED WHEN DECIDING WHETHER TO CHANGE GAME MECHANICS. IF WE FOCUS ON WHETHER OLD RECORDS CAN BE BEATEN, THEN SOME BAD CHANGES (LIKE GHOST ACRES, IMO) CAN NEVER BE REMOVED OR EVEN TONED DOWN ONCE THEY'RE IMPLEMENTED.

IF THAT IS A CONCERN THOUGH, THE FIX IS EASY. FOR PRIMARY SERVER, GIVE TURNS EVERY 26.7 MINUTES INSTEAD OF EVERY 30. SAME NUMBER OF TURNS PER RESET.

THE OTHER ISSUES BROUGHT UP BY XINHUAN AND BLID ARE TOUGHER TO TACKLE... PARTICULARLY BOTTING. ASIDE FROM CAPTCHAS (WHICH EVERYBODY HATES) I DON'T KNOW WHAT SOLUTION THERE IS FOR THAT ONE. MARKET CAMPING I WOULD THINK COULD POSSIBLY BE THWARTED WITH A MAXIMUM NUMBER OF MARKET TRANSACTIONS ALLOWED PER DAY (NOT INCLUDING STANDING ORDERS) I REMEMBER WE HAD MARKET TICKETS FOR A WHILE MANY YEARS BACK... I REMEMBER EVERYBODY HATED THOSE TOO :)

blid

EE Patron

May 7th 2014, 22:51:00

the great thing about log-in bonuses is they enforce this as a "few minutes a day" sort of game. i mean i'm posting in these forums all the fluffing time but i like the idea that you can be on a completely fair playing field while logging on only once/twice a day. if u wanna play all day go join express

hsifreta Game profile

May 8th 2014, 2:49:37

a lot of this game's ideas are from the 90s, back then servers take time to load. first days are tough on those servers.

h2orich Game profile

May 8th 2014, 3:10:37

eManny, now you have no chance of winning this set, try again next set.

Marshal Game profile

May 8th 2014, 12:09:15

lol@h2o

old records are beatable even if login bonus is removed, just changing server's settings (more turns per hr, farms etc produce more, etc) would make it possible.

ffa has suffered on set long country:country dr but players have mostly adapted to that.