Verified:

Serpentor Game profile

Jan 5th 2013, 21:31:32

You guys ever get new players offer you random alliances? I get it all the time because of using the same name set after set. If I have new players asking for advice and offering me tech allies in exchange for strat advice, is that bad or acceptable? Chances are that the tech ally won't be worth much from a new player, so I don't know how beneficial it would be for me, but they would be getting beneficial advice. I've got 3 tech alliance requests this set so far, one was a guy I helped ingame with questions he had, and now he wants to tech ally me even if I'm not teching. Two other completely random guys I haven't talked to yet.

is that an acceptable agreement? trading small tech amounts from probably rainbow countries in exchange for advise and not getting land grabbed.

What do you think?
The EEVIL Empire

Serpentor Game profile

Jan 5th 2013, 21:35:46

is the deletable offense "running a country to benefit another player"?

If so that would not apply in this case correct?

Galleri, you are the deleter, what's your take?
The EEVIL Empire

blid

EE Patron

Jan 5th 2013, 22:13:29

Pretty easy answer, that wouldn't be a deletable offense, but you should just advise them without taking free tech. Because that would be double pointless: 1) you won't be getting enough free tech to really make that much difference, 2) you'll still be leeching tech and you'll lose respect for your score.
Originally posted by Mr. Titanium:
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

Serpentor Game profile

Jan 5th 2013, 22:39:09

Well I did just advise the one guy last set without any alliance and that's why he wants to ally this set.. The other 2 seem to be random. Probably not worth the expenses anyways... I only asked because i've never had all 3 tech slots offered before at the beginning of the game. I have had 1 that ended up being almost useless and a loss of expenses that I quickly dropped. Oh well.

The EEVIL Empire

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Jan 6th 2013, 0:43:45

That is not a deletable offense. I actually encourage others to teach noobies how to play or give out strat advice :)
Very good topic...thanks for bringing it up.

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

oldman Game profile

Jan 6th 2013, 1:07:50

Heh, tech for lessons on ee. That does sound a bit like JJ lol. But there's no right or wrong in this case, so I leave the decision of whether to accept their tech pacts or not to yourself.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 6th 2013, 1:08:00

Me too Serp, i get random ally offers and advice seekers, i usually decline the alliance offer cuz i have my "go to" guys, ill advice them on what i know i have knowledge on and couple times i had CI questions and pointed them towards The Evil War Machine haha
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)

https://youtu.be/...pxFw4?si=mCDXT3t1vmFgn0qn

-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF~SKA=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

h2orich Game profile

Jan 6th 2013, 3:50:21

They ally with you so that you cant hit them, thats all.

Serpentor Game profile

Jan 6th 2013, 4:03:08

Well I know that H2o. Lol. Nancy empire sends me a off request every set hoping to avoid one more LG. I've avoided hitting him several resets now, but don't accept the pact.
The EEVIL Empire

Magellaan Game profile

Jan 6th 2013, 4:22:25

I figured you can just ally whoever you want for whatever reason.

I helped a research ally out last set by giving him an off pact for 72 hours to do a retal on this croatia fellow for example. I also let a clanmate leech and gave him advice on how to play.
Not MD, fake Magellaan.

afaik Game profile

Jan 6th 2013, 8:22:11

as it's reciprocal arrangement it's probably fine (what galleri said), but don't do it Serp, if you finish in the t10 you'll get called out for being a cheater... i had it just from sharing off pacts with randoms a few sets ago.

just give advice, you'd be great at that. i've talked a few people through the game (usually from express as it's more 'live' so easier to hold a discussion). sadly most didn't stick around after learning it (that i know of).

Serpentor Game profile

Jan 6th 2013, 17:11:04

Yeah every set people ask for advice, ill always help who i can. I was just getting feed back on the question though. Just never seen 3 tech pacts offered on day 2 of the set before. Lol. I know some people have abused tech leeches by having buddies run techers, but never thought about ransoms offering leeches. Ones already canceled his offer. Lol. No biggie, thanks for the feedback guys.
The EEVIL Empire

Xinhuan Game profile

Jan 6th 2013, 17:21:13

Last reset, a country "Isaiah 9V6" asked me for advice for Rep Casher, but unfortunately, I neglected to reply until the last day of the reset because I was running a strict 18 hour login/logout cycle to catch the last hour of the reset on time.

Maybe he might see this and forum PM me instead.

BobbyATA Game profile

Jan 6th 2013, 17:22:09

hehe, one thing people used to do if offered a random O alliance was to farm the person and then accept the alliance (so they couldn't retal for 72 hours) and outgrow the person.

Serpentor Game profile

Jan 6th 2013, 17:24:36

I remember that tactic back in the day. I could never bring myself to do it though.
The EEVIL Empire

Cerberus Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 15th 2013, 17:07:57

I generally tech ally with newbies from time to time although I like my "Go to guy" KoHeartsTGA usually ally with buddies in game. I have one now that sticks with me and I tolerate it even though he likes to get fat and landgrabbed a lot. LOL Hopefully, he'll pick up the strat that keeps his land thin enough to be less attractive to the CI start ups.
I don't need anger management, people need to stop pissing me off!