Verified:

Carousel Game profile

Jan 7th 2013, 13:16:27

I will admit some of the systems and what not implemented by the "Earth Empires" crew are alright, but for real, what is with all the rules?

Back when it was Earth 2025 you could make a country specifically for ruining other people's sets, and people did it all the time just for fun... in a game. FUN IN A GAME? NO? The rules have gotten a little crazy, which is why I took a few year break.

blid

EE Patron

Jan 7th 2013, 13:24:44

People still do that. What's the problem (besides those people's conception of fun)?
Originally posted by Mr. Titanium:
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

Carousel Game profile

Jan 7th 2013, 13:35:08

I was just reading that we can't even ask our allies to help kill run people?

Xinhuan Game profile

Jan 7th 2013, 13:38:36

Because fun to many (most?) people involve playing on an even field. Coordination among countries on a solo server is not an even playing field.

People used to bot, that was FUN if you're the botter right?

herbs12 Game profile

Jan 7th 2013, 13:57:34

It's not fun for me if you show up and ruin my reset so you can have fun. That's why these rules are awsome it lets netters net and let's you do your thing.

blid

EE Patron

Jan 7th 2013, 14:48:50

Originally posted by Carousel:
I was just reading that we can't even ask our allies to help kill run people?
You can still "make a country specifically for ruining other people's sets," what does team play on a solo server have to do with that?
Originally posted by Mr. Titanium:
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

oldman Game profile

Jan 7th 2013, 15:02:47

You can still run a country specifically for ruining other people's set. No one's stopping you here. You just can't coordinate kill runs with others since this is supposed to be a solo server.

Also, the FUN in the game definition you have is very much different from most people. Have been different back in earth2025 days and will still be different now.

Kingme Game profile

Jan 7th 2013, 15:07:28

... Back when it was Earth 2025 you could make a country specifically for ruining other people's sets, and people did it all the time just for fun... in a game. FUN IN A GAME? NO? The rules have gotten a little crazy, which is why I took a few year break.

I believe I may have played with you a few years back, so don't take this personally. But, I think I speak for many in the primary server when I say, with that attitude we're kinda glad you left.

crest23 Game profile

Jan 7th 2013, 16:18:13

Go play team server or ffa server.
The Nigerian Nightmare.

Carousel Game profile

Jan 7th 2013, 16:38:28

Never random targets, always people who wronged me. I play to war, as it is a WAR game. Netters can net all they want, but it should be a coexistence.. War people shouldn't be punished for killing?..

Carousel Game profile

Jan 7th 2013, 16:40:36

But can I ask my ALLIES to assist in killing people for retail?

Magellaan Game profile

Jan 7th 2013, 16:42:53

No.
Your country would be deleted.
Not MD, fake Magellaan.

Xinhuan Game profile

Jan 7th 2013, 16:50:46

Well Carousel,

While it is a war game, you need to keep in mind that the game celebrates its victors not by how well they war, but by how well they net:

- The top 25 countries in NW enshrined every reset,
- Leaderboards for number of top 10 finishes,
- Top 100 finishes,
- Best 3 average finishes,
- Attack success,
- All time Land gained, all time NW gained

Warring doesn't lend success to any of these leaderboards, but are detrimental to it. It is easy to destroy, but hard to build the perfect country.

You should understand that war should be mainly used as a _deterrent_ on solo servers, rather than as an active goal, and that is what the Primary/Express/Tourny ruleset tries to achieve with special GDI rules and a no-coordination rule.

It is only on Clan servers (FFA, Team and Alliance) that there are additional leaderboards for war performance (Missiles, Attacks made, Defends received, civs killed, Kills, Deaths).

Edited By: Xinhuan on Jan 7th 2013, 16:54:20
See Original Post

Kingme Game profile

Jan 7th 2013, 17:06:48

Couldn't have said it any better myself ^

Carousel, you should never be killing other players for doing a retal anyway. If you attack someone, you should expect a retal.

Now... if they go out of there way to farm you or send harmful ops against you, that is an entirely different matter. You would have every right to do what you see fit to get back at them. Since this is a solo server, you would need to do this on your own. One on One.

It sounds like you might find the Team server a bit more enjoyable.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 7th 2013, 17:12:57

Listen up, nOOb, you want allies too help you do KRs, go play team or alliance, no rules say you cannot ruin peoples set, you just can't be assisted in solo servers, why is that so hard to understand???
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)

https://youtu.be/...pxFw4?si=mCDXT3t1vmFgn0qn

-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF~SKA=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

Carousel Game profile

Jan 7th 2013, 17:54:56

Okay. I'll solo ruin a set then thx

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 7th 2013, 17:56:10

That's the spirit! :p
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)

https://youtu.be/...pxFw4?si=mCDXT3t1vmFgn0qn

-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF~SKA=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!