Verified:

blid

EE Patron

Aug 23rd 2013, 20:04:25

As most of you are aware, when you attack somebody, the returns you get are based on the relative NW's; ie, when your nw is approximately 95% of your target nw, you get a base of 7.5% of their land.

PART I:

We are changing this from being a piecewise function to a gaussian, which matches extremely closely, however it cuts the peak down somewhat, to about 6.8%.
Originally posted by Mr. Titanium:
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

eManny Game profile

Aug 24th 2013, 15:42:08

Can we get a chart on this?

e.g. % of opponent's NW vs. expected land gain?

Or am I asking for too much?

LATC Game profile

Aug 24th 2013, 16:34:01

It's like you said his name too many times and woke him up!
Originally posted by Xinhuan:
Are you guys stupid or what?

blid

EE Patron

Aug 24th 2013, 17:27:05

Cloaked should have known that was coming. Oh well, at least he'll be too busy fighting now to grab the rest of the top ten.
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

Xinhuan Game profile

Aug 24th 2013, 17:54:24

Blid, I believe Cloaked got the FS.

Gogy's NW dropped significantly (3.5m NW loss, before the PS), probably from bomb buildings and bomb jets, then Gogy CSed with the ABs.

The Cloaked Game profile

Aug 24th 2013, 18:19:53

Yah, I blew my wad sabo'ing missiles and bombing things. That's after I blew my last wad getting on # 18 for his RoR on me earlier in the set.

I currently have 31k production buildings with 7k rainbow-rest empty. I think Gogy is currently on 36k production with 5k rainbow-rest empty. But I went into this knowing that gogy had a tighter country and turns stored.

We've been going back and forth by message and it's apparent that he believes in retal windows and considered my retal a grab.

As you can see. We had a fundamental difference in opinion.

blid

EE Patron

Aug 24th 2013, 19:02:20

Oh good on you then for realizing it ahead of time and taking the first strike. Yah, Gogy says 72 hours and has warred over it before a few times. 72 hours isn't that bad a rule but it's pretty convenient for him and his strategy of nw matching for monster topfeeds and then trying to avoid the retal. I'm sure he would also war a player who didn't get their land back on one hit and hit back twice.

Ever notices how he barely ever makes any attacks? For a split second I was thinking if he only made more of those hits he'd be massive and actually good. But the only reason it "works" at all is because he barely attacks. That's why he's able to keep his country so tight, with near max weapons tech, and so hard to retal. That's why, if you do retal him, his hit still clears a nice land profit. If he didn't play like that, he'd be retaled more often, and his land trades wouldn't really help him grow much at all. Thus, he's already getting the absolute maximum out of that strat... which is, as we see, not that much.... middling results. The only impact ever had on a top ten is through his nw matching hits on top players.

But he's an odd bird and will probably continue to play this way for decades more. One time he ROR'd me because I didn't message him and say "retal." He knew it was a retal because he'd just hit me moments before but he'll take any excuse he can get to ROR.

crest23 Game profile

Aug 24th 2013, 22:27:58

Yeah he makes up his own rules. He one top fed me in team with like 3 days to go till set end and jumped defense. I told him he could jump all he he wanted but that he would not finish able the land and Networth he had before hitting me. He didn't. The to drive my point through I played the next set specifically for him.
The Nigerian Nightmare.

The Cloaked Game profile

Aug 25th 2013, 0:23:52

While the strategy drives me nuts, give credit where credit is due.

He's the only person to ever grab me on this server that tried to outrun a retal. Further, he's one of very few people who actually had a chance at outrunning it.

blid

EE Patron

Aug 25th 2013, 1:51:04

Hahaha crest, he once did the exact same thing to me in Tournament. He topfed me with 3 days left, I was like wtf are you doing? I missiled the fluff out of him and he was like, "You cannot missile for a grab." And I was like, "fluff you dude, what do you think I just did? Don't hit me with 3 days left, wtf are you doing?"

Originally posted by The Cloaked:
While the strategy drives me nuts, give credit where credit is due.

He's the only person to ever grab me on this server that tried to outrun a retal. Further, he's one of very few people who actually had a chance at outrunning it.
I do give him credit for trying to outrun the retal, it means he's trying to grab for real and not just abuse someone with more land in a grab exchange, but still it's not a winning strategy and just ends up hurting contenders, while he can't contend that way himself.

blid

EE Patron

Aug 25th 2013, 1:56:49

Btw, I somewhat side with him in his fight vs you, Cloaked. Not completely, on some level I always think people should have the right to retal, but in your case, 10 days is a long time. It almost seems like he DID outrun your retal. On the scale of fluffty Gogy things, this war rates way lower, imo, than his hit on Scrap the System. Basically, I think this war is somewhat "murky," while I think the hit on Scrap was outright annoying.

Edited By: blid on Aug 25th 2013, 1:58:56
See Original Post

The Cloaked Game profile

Aug 29th 2013, 23:49:51

I get that blid. But, i'll take my retals every time and I don't care about when. If someone wants to RoR then they can. But they face a ton of bricks. Had I not fought earlier in the set I might've even been able to wreck his country and walk away from it.

In this case. We're both going to limp this one in. But he (maybe me too) ruined potential t10s. Since I'm not the belligerent though I will net through most sets. Because he is, he fights every set.

archaic Game profile

Sep 18th 2013, 3:58:32

I think 72 hours is fair, if you hit me 10 days later and called it a retal we'd have issues that would likely result in rubble. A LOT of acres happen in 10 days . . . retalling that late is clearly abusive and is subject to a chem dump.
Cheating Mod Hall of Shame: Dark Morbid, Turtle Crawler, Sov