Verified:

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Oct 18th 2013, 4:18:52

just for three days. I have been trying to get homework done and you all are making it difficult this week! :P Thanks

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

Serpentor Game profile

Oct 18th 2013, 4:30:18

Everyone coordinate for 3 days...... And GO!!!
The EEVIL Empire

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator

Oct 18th 2013, 4:35:06

Yoy can do my homework!!!!:p

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

Serpentor Game profile

Oct 18th 2013, 4:48:03

I will. Can't guarantee it's done correctly though.
The EEVIL Empire

LATC Game profile

Oct 18th 2013, 17:03:13

Well why is there only 1 mod on primary anyway? Why not have 2 and then have have discussions amongst them if something iffy comes up like #269/#90. And if you need a tie breaker vote you ask martian..

Seems like this would be more fair for judgements and we wouldn't always have to wait around for galleri to have free time, who has herself said on multiple occasions that she is very busy.
Originally posted by Xinhuan:
Are you guys stupid or what?

blid

EE Patron

Oct 18th 2013, 18:22:18

Let me moderate all the servers I play on.
Originally posted by Mr. Titanium:
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

euglaf Game profile

Oct 18th 2013, 18:40:13

what is the requirement to be a moderator?

blid

EE Patron

Oct 18th 2013, 18:41:30

You have to not play on that server
Originally posted by Mr. Titanium:
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator

Oct 18th 2013, 20:17:16

I do not want another mod with me for this server or the other solo servers. It gets confusing when two people are doing stuff then appeals come in. I can get ahold of martian pretty much anytime and he is the head mod when I have questions. ;) You would have to wait around on the other mod too LATC. I don't get paid, none of the mods get paid, so we don't sit here at you beckon call 24/7. Sorry.

euglaf Game profile

Oct 18th 2013, 20:22:27

i would gladly stop playing on primary and moderate it. my interests in primary were mostly out of boredom, and i like to torture xin with my awesome grabbing news.

however, if a moderator who can respond more quickly is needed i will ask around the proper channels.

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator

Oct 18th 2013, 20:26:54

Awesome go talk to martian. I will just step down.
Way to take my thread that was to lighten up the server so serious.

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Oct 18th 2013, 20:35:08

there's no reason to have a second mod for primary. Galleri generally does a good job. Any disagreements can be brought to my attention. There isn't really a need for faster response time. At the moment we have all the moderation help we need, but thanks for the offer.
you are all special in the eyes of fluff
(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

RUN IT IS A KILLER BUNNY!!!

st0ny Game profile

Oct 20th 2013, 11:06:22

have you ever seen any successful organization with only 1 person who takes care of everything and makes all the decisions?

the current mod may be doing whatever that person can but maybe its not good enough?

i dont know if they are getting paid but even if they are not, and if they want to be mod, they should do a good job right? i mean, they wanted the position.

there are plenty out there who are offering their services. why not change every once in a while. even a country's gov changes from time to time no?

in the end i'm just venting. i think the current mod for primary is doing a terribly lousy job.

i'd vote for a change if i could.

Originally posted by LATC:
"Don't complain. Assess & adjust."

Serpentor Game profile

Oct 20th 2013, 20:01:35

If I've ever had a concern, she's always gotten back to me and explained thoroughly the situation.
The EEVIL Empire

dibert Game profile

Oct 20th 2013, 22:21:12

In what way do you feel galleri is not doing a sufficient job as mod? It certainly seems as though shes engaged and active in addressing any concerns brought to her attention. I may be mistaken, but It almost sounds like you have a personal grudge against galleri, stony.

Also, just because someone expresses interest in being a mod does not mean theyre well suited to be one. That position clearly can have significant influence on the game and should not be taken lightly, or handed to everyone who volunteers.

st0ny Game profile

Oct 21st 2013, 5:55:11

dib, you're insulting galleri here. why try to stand up for her when she can do it herself? and she did in irc by telling me she has a life.

but to answer you, yes, you're mistaken. i dont have a personal grudge with the mod.

there is a problem with the spy abuse currently. create a country, pump SPAL and screw up another player's country without them breaking GDI or even touching you ever.

right now the mods are saying its legit. wouldnt you agree that its like saying driving at 5mph in the fast lane on a 100mph speed limit highway legit? thats legit too no? you're starting to understand?

so as a mod, i believe this problem should be looked into and addressed. if they dont have the power to do it, bring it up to someone who has. so far i'm getting, 'its legit'.

next question. yes, i agree. just because some expresses interest doesnt mean they're suited and you cant simply just hand out the job to anyone who wants it. which is why there is always interviews and probational periods whenever you apply for any position. right?

and yes, i'm still LEARNING and TRYING to live by LATC's words.

euglaf Game profile

Oct 21st 2013, 6:08:19

i was only inquiring about the mod position because i think its nice to have more than one mod. although there is a lot more autonomy to the position with only one person doing it there is a lot to gain in expanding 'the team' so to say.

moderating isnt quite like leading an alliance where you have a ton of people who need direction. moderating should be about giving the players the optimal game experience. right now, many people are upset about an issue which is ruining their game experience. although its been "looked at", the evidence simply doesn't add up.

anyawys, im digressing off subject a bit. i dont mean to insult. i just wanted to inquire.

dibert Game profile

Oct 21st 2013, 17:41:42

Well i definately didnt mean to insult ANYONE with my post, i simply was curious as to your explanation for your seemingly frustrated complaint about the current mod.

Im still not sure how i feel about your opinion on spy ops, but im going to assume that is simply the result of my country being smaller, and therefore not in anyone's target sites.

Therefore, ill gracefully bow out from this convo and go back to watching from the sidelines while ibfocus on improvin my strategy within the game.

Thank you for takin the time to elaberate for me on your concerns though. :-)

st0ny Game profile

Oct 21st 2013, 22:46:09

thank you dib, and as you can see... nothing from the mods here yet...

says alot dont you think?

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator

Oct 22nd 2013, 21:25:07

Sometimes we just don't want to continue to coddle you over and over ;)
Stony the reason I told you that on irc, is because you didn't even wait 15 mins before saying "You don't care do you?". I wasn't even home. I worked that day and had my nephew's bday party.
Honestly I have told you also that harmful ops being done your country are not against the rules.
There is currently one active game admin, you are more than welcome to make suggestions about the spy ops on Bugs and Suggestions..... which was created for players to make their ideas heard by qzjul.

Edited By: galleri on Oct 22nd 2013, 22:03:16

st0ny Game profile

Oct 22nd 2013, 22:22:41

galleri... i cant really recall properly, but if i'm not mistaken, i waited more than a day and i only got your reply after i posted here. i may be wrong here... honestly cant really remember as there is no time stamp in irc.

yes, you've told me that its not against the rules. thats what i said in my earlier post, 'its legit'.

yes, i'll post a suggestion there if you cant do anything about it. i was always under the impression that the mods and the game admins are communicating. i'm sorry to have jumped to that conclusion.

thanks.

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator

Oct 22nd 2013, 23:10:02

You are welcome, but my timestamps showed like 15 mins. Eh miscommunication I suppose.
Admin and mods do communicate, but you are better off with a post to qzjul on b and s...he should give you some sort of response vs...me trying to relay what he said :) he is also a very busy guy with doing a lot of game changes, so anything I say in irc to him may get forgotten vs what is posted on that board and he can refer back to later if he decides he likes it.

st0ny Game profile

Oct 23rd 2013, 10:23:32

thanks.

Marshal Game profile

Oct 23rd 2013, 11:18:56

Originally posted by st0ny:
have you ever seen any successful organization with only 1 person who takes care of everything and makes all the decisions?

did you play old game aka earth2025? if you did then you know that mickster did most of moderating and his decision was final (no appeal to other mods helped).
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

st0ny Game profile

Oct 23rd 2013, 13:39:43

yea i did...

my turn ask you a question ya marshal.

10 years ago, did you already know the things you know today? or did you learn from your experiences and improved to get or be what you are today?

Marshal Game profile

Oct 23rd 2013, 19:52:06

life is eternal learning if wants it that way.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....