Verified:

xinwei Game profile

Feb 13th 2013, 16:46:35

am looking for a tech ally to replace my inactive one. are currently at 10k+ tpt.

blid

EE Patron

Feb 14th 2013, 3:02:18

Hey, make sure you and all your tech allies know that prices are back above 2k now. Cheers
Originally posted by Mr. Titanium:
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

Xinhuan Game profile

Feb 14th 2013, 4:18:53

Are you techers storing tech or something? Stocking tech points maybe because its better than stocking food? (Food is dropping, tech is rising)

Goddammit.

xinwei Game profile

Feb 14th 2013, 5:36:22

we are seeing big farmers and cashers climbing up the top charts now. cheers. that is the reason why food price dropping and tech price on the rise again?

OneMansArmy Game profile

Feb 14th 2013, 5:45:22

Well, what would you do with food/oil prices being as high as they were and poised to drop. Keep stocking them? Or find another good to purchase (tech) that isn't going to increase expenses (but may increase profits), and preferably will be worth more (or the same) when you go to sell it, than when you purchased it?
Other than Earth Empires I also play Battlefield games:
http://www.youtube.com/user/UneManArmy/featured

LATC Game profile

Feb 14th 2013, 5:47:51

Originally posted by OneMansArmy:
Well, what would you do with food/oil prices being as high as they were and poised to drop. Keep stocking them? Or find another good to purchase (tech) that isn't going to increase expenses (but may increase profits), and preferably will be worth more (or the same) when you go to sell it, than when you purchased it?

I'd buy some put options.
Originally posted by Xinhuan:
Are you guys stupid or what?

OneMansArmy Game profile

Feb 14th 2013, 5:59:12

Would that even be allowed in primary or would the countries get deleted for coordinating via a trade pact and circumventing the public market?

Disclaimer:
I have never used a trade pact so I am not quite sure how it works exactly. I assume you put some goods up for a specified price or amount of other goods desired? And the receiving person has the option to pay that price or other desired goods for the goods being offered, or reject the trade?

h2orich Game profile

Feb 14th 2013, 6:12:23

You cant send FA on Primary.

Xinhuan Game profile

Feb 14th 2013, 6:52:24

OMA: Trade pacts don't exist in Primary. Neither does Declare War, or FAing (the menu items for them don't exist).

Trade pacts don't do anything on other servers. It just establishes a relation to allow for FAing, because FAing requires you to be related to the other country in at least one pact (which can be D-pact, O-pact, R-pact, I-pact, or the Trade pact which has no purpose other than for FAing.

Xinhuan Game profile

Feb 14th 2013, 6:57:18

And in case you don't know what FA is, Foreign Aid is basically your country using 3 turns to send up to 10% of each of your Troops/Jets/Turrets/Tanks/Cash/Bushels to a country you have a ingame pact with.

You don't get anything in return.

And all pacts consume upkeep in terms of a % of your NW every turn depending on the pact type (trade pact being 0.05%, the cheapest). All pacts have a minimum period of 72 hours before you can break it.

OneMansArmy Game profile

Feb 14th 2013, 7:09:21

Wait, I can go to my relations page right now and it says I have two trade ally slots available. So they do exist, but they are for FA then and essentially useless in Primary because FA is disabled? Because I have spy reports of people with trade pacts as allies too (it screws with my calculations in predicting their allies!) Why would people have them if they do nothing? Just to screw with my calculations and eat the small expense? lol

Edited By: OneMansArmy on Feb 14th 2013, 7:11:56
See Original Post

h2orich Game profile

Feb 14th 2013, 7:16:44

For the fun out of it.

blid

EE Patron

Feb 14th 2013, 13:06:12

Cuz the alliance slots are there, the people are new, and that general guy giving the tips sometimes says "You have unused alliances!" lol. Same reason you sometimes see non-techers having tech alliances with other non-techers.
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

Xinhuan Game profile

Feb 14th 2013, 13:42:25

Yes, that is correct, OMA. Trade allies are useless in Primary, and should have been disabled.

In case you're reading this qzjul, O-allies should be disabled too.

Xinhuan Game profile

Feb 14th 2013, 13:44:01

Well, technically, I've seen people "abuse" pacts, by grabbing newer members to the game, then offering them a pact so that if they are silly enough to accept it, then cannot retal for 72 hours since that is the minimum length of the pact. Often this is almost the entire length of a reset on Express server, and when you do break the pact, you can see his exact defenses before doing so and grab again.

Magellaan Game profile

Feb 14th 2013, 14:25:56

Why should O-allies be disabled?
Not MD, fake Magellaan.

blid

EE Patron

Feb 14th 2013, 14:32:46

They're overpowered if your ally's jets are home (ally's jets get 1.5x PS bonus on top of them, can do 5 small PS and nearly double your offense all 5 times, free oil), are open to abuse on top of that (imagine a jet heavy o-ally who never attacks), and they're not necessary.

Xinhuan Game profile

Feb 14th 2013, 14:34:16

Because people abuse them by O-leeching and giving the leecher an unfair advantage with accelerated country growth rate.

Imagine being able to PS an extra time per day for 30% more lands, or being able to use 30% less oil and jets daily. It's worse than tech leeching. O-leeching is very noticable because you can tell it from the news by the country grabbing too many high defense targets (which you know the defenses of because you grabbed them yourself) on the same day from a country on a NW that is too low to support that many jets (unless he is 90% jetter, which O-leeches don't do, else they won't need to leech in the first place).

Magellaan Game profile

Feb 14th 2013, 15:00:42

Ok, I think I'm convinced :) I've never been a big fan of using them myself anyway.

When it comes to tech leeching I hope qz implements your suggestion of research allies adding to your TPT instead of receiving 10% of what they tech.
Not MD, fake Magellaan.

Xinhuan Game profile

Feb 14th 2013, 16:57:40

If I had an O leech, I would basically be able to just grab 2.5k-3k land a day instead of 2k, that's why O-allies on solo servers should be banned.

The oil/jets saved is substantial enough to support building that extra land, and country growth just becomes polynomially quicker.