Verified:

OneMansArmy Game profile

Dec 1st 2012, 1:31:18

When does a Techer decide to stop growing land and just stock money/food from selling research? Is it certain food/oil prices or maybe tech prices?
Other than Earth Empires I also play Battlefield games:
http://www.youtube.com/user/UneManArmy/featured

blid

EE Patron

Dec 1st 2012, 2:07:25

I'd go by how many days there are left in the set, first and foremost. The reasoning is that obviously at a certain point, the turns spent attacking and building and not teching and the costs of making attacks will outweigh the additional profit you'll get from teching with additional labs. You can kick around some numbers for that if you want to, or take the easy way out, which is to look at some of crest's recent countries. He attacked until the 5th of the second month last set, and until the 4th the set before, and he was the top techer both sets.

Stocking on cheaper food for one day or two days, or spending more on oil for one or two days, that stuff is unlikely to tip the scales much. If tech sucks, I guess the marginal payout from additional labs wouldn't be so high, so that might move you to stop a day earlier.

Just my thoughts, never played techer before in Primary. :D
Originally posted by Mr. Titanium:
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

oldman Game profile

Dec 1st 2012, 3:19:18

Anything between 20-30k acres at this point of time is a good point to start stocking before bushels prices go up even more.

Magellaan Game profile

Dec 1st 2012, 20:22:14

I wonder.. if food price is high, isn't it better to just keep grabbing in that case?
Not MD, fake Magellaan.

Xinhuan Game profile

Dec 1st 2012, 20:37:28

Yes and no.

You simply have to do the math as to whether the additional acres gained over the remainder of the reset is worth the jet/oil/construction/turns not teching costs. Food price will affect this slightly, but not by much, unless you're a demo.

OneMansArmy Game profile

Dec 1st 2012, 20:59:43

Originally posted by Xinhuan:
Yes and no.

You simply have to do the math as to whether the additional acres gained over the remainder of the reset is worth the jet/oil/construction/turns not teching costs. Food price will affect this slightly, but not by much, unless you're a demo.

I am a demo, and this will be my first time trying a real destock (considering all goes well and I can stock for the rest of the set). So I am trying to get as much info on it as I can. I am pretty sure I am going to screw something up, but that is part of the learning process! Any info/help is greatly appreciated.

Chewi Game profile

Dec 2nd 2012, 7:19:04

I'd think it would be best to stop grabbing at around turn 1100-1200 on primary. Though I can't say if that is good or not since I never make it to that point playing techer on this server.

VivaNick Game profile

Dec 2nd 2012, 8:14:59

Depend on the tech price:
If tech price low;stock earlier.
If tech price high;stock later.

Rob Game profile

Dec 2nd 2012, 17:46:31

35-37k by the 6th day of the 2nd month.

I've tried 30k plenty of times and lost out most of the time. The demo effect might play a big part though - that might be what got crest ahead of me over the last 2 sets, but only he can comment on the reselling

Rob Game profile

Dec 2nd 2012, 17:48:05

Just one more point, a very important one as a techer:

When you decide to unload your bushels will make a HUGE difference. I can't overstate this enough - it could be high 40s or low 30s. With the kind of stock you will have, that can be huge

Magellaan Game profile

Dec 2nd 2012, 19:01:17

Its hard to predict bushel price I think?
I was looking at previous reset prices. Sometimes it stay at $40 all set, sometimes it goes up to nearly $60 and then crashes fast.

And then there are different ways to destock xD.
Not MD, fake Magellaan.

OneMansArmy Game profile

Dec 2nd 2012, 20:20:11

Originally posted by Rob:
Just one more point, a very important one as a techer:

When you decide to unload your bushels will make a HUGE difference. I can't overstate this enough - it could be high 40s or low 30s. With the kind of stock you will have, that can be huge

Wait, you destock your bushels on the Public Market? I figured as a demo techer they just unloaded on the private market for $36 after getting the Military Tech up there.

crest23 Game profile

Dec 2nd 2012, 20:36:23

If you can sell it over $36 on the public, why would you want to do that?
The Nigerian Nightmare.

OneMansArmy Game profile

Dec 2nd 2012, 22:31:38

Originally posted by crest23:
If you can sell it over $36 on the public, why would you want to do that?

I dunno, never done it before. I figured dumping that much food stock on the market might not sell fast enough I guess. Does building military bases decrease the private sell price of bushels too or just military?

blid

EE Patron

Dec 2nd 2012, 23:04:16

Unlike mil tech, MBs drop your food price and kill it
Originally posted by Mr. Titanium:
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.