Verified:

Rockman Game profile

Dec 29th 2012, 17:31:16

He has stolen tech from many many people. I would love to see him die. But I cannot attack him, because I will get deleted for "coordinating" with the other people he has pissed off.

He's abusing the rules. He's picked fights with numerous countries which have never attacked him, but can GS him because of all the times he has stolen tech from them.

I am requesting permission from the moderators for those he has picked fights with to be allowed to fight back, without being deleted.

This is clearly not what the rules were supposed to allow - one player to pick fights with at least a dozen other countries, and those countries not being allowed to fight back for fear of being deleted.

Please let us deal with this dumbfluff who is abusing the rules. I'm eager to fight him. I'm eager to kick his ass. But he's hiding behind the game moderators who protect all of his enemies from uniting and kicking his ass. He started it, not us. So does that make it acceptable for us to unite when fighting him? Or will we be deleted if more than one of us does special attacks on him, even though he's provoked all of us, when none of us had done anything to him?

crest23 Game profile

Dec 29th 2012, 17:42:58

That's the one I just don't get. A country picks a fight with many and they decide to wipe the floor with him and they get deleted because they hit close to each other in time frame.
The Nigerian Nightmare.

Rockman Game profile

Dec 29th 2012, 17:44:46

The moderators either need to delete him for abusing the rules, or they need to let those he has stolen from fight him, without deleting us for coordinating with each other.

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 29th 2012, 17:54:18

Stealing tech is not against the rules.
I financially support this game; what do you do?

Rockman Game profile

Dec 29th 2012, 18:21:19

Originally posted by Requiem:

He's taking advantage of the fact that we can't do a killrun on him, even though he picked the fight with us. It's against the rules to do a killrun, even if you're killing someone who picked a fight with you.

But it's perfectly legal to send 30 missiles at someone for attacking your ally, as long as your ally doesn't fight back.

The rules are messed up.

LATC Game profile

Dec 29th 2012, 19:08:36

Originally posted by Rockman:

He's taking advantage of the fact that we can't do a killrun on him, even though he picked the fight with us. It's against the rules to do a killrun, even if you're killing someone who picked a fight with you.

But it's perfectly legal to send 30 missiles at someone for attacking your ally, as long as your ally doesn't fight back.

The rules are messed up.

Yes which is why I think ppl should be allowed to ask allies for help IN GAME. As long as everything happens within the game itself, aka using game tools such as messaging ppl, I don't see why it's illegal. I can ask for help, the guy I'm fighting can ask for help too.

Diplomacy is part of EVERY aspect of life unless you live in isolation. It's ironic that you can't ask ppl for help in a game that depends so much on other players (military market qty/prices, tech market qty/prices, attacking, alliances)
Originally posted by Xinhuan:
Are you guys stupid or what?

herbs12 Game profile

Dec 29th 2012, 19:11:43

Ya that twerp stole a good chunk of tech from me also.

Serpentor Game profile

Dec 29th 2012, 19:31:59

If everyone he's offended attacks him that's not coordination. Coordination would be doing a kill run together. Coordination would also be if he only offended you and you got 10 guys he had no involvement with to kill him. I think you're ok to hit.
The EEVIL Empire

LATC Game profile

Dec 29th 2012, 19:38:19

Question is how much time has to elapse before one guy hits for it not to count as coordination. If I see someone hitting him it would be smart (as in maximize damage) for me to attack too.. but to the mods that might be seen as coordination.
Originally posted by Xinhuan:
Are you guys stupid or what?

Rockman Game profile

Dec 29th 2012, 19:41:41

Serpentor - many of us are under the impression that doing a killrun on him will get us deleted, even if he has stolen tech from us when we hadn't attacked him at all.

Xinhuan Game profile

Dec 29th 2012, 20:10:24

I've had tech stolen by him as well.

Serpentor Game profile

Dec 29th 2012, 20:42:37

Me too.

I would think she'd see all that before she started deleting though... Maybe that's hopeful thinking. I guess a moderated server is up to interpretation of the moderator. Send her a message when you attack so she knows its not coordinated. She'd probably understand. Communication does wonders for understanding and then she doesn't have to draw her own conclusions. I dunno.
The EEVIL Empire

Rockman Game profile

Dec 29th 2012, 21:37:31

Originally posted by Serpentor:
Me too.

I would think she'd see all that before she started deleting though... Maybe that's hopeful thinking. I guess a moderated server is up to interpretation of the moderator. Send her a message when you attack so she knows its not coordinated. She'd probably understand. Communication does wonders for understanding and then she doesn't have to draw her own conclusions. I dunno.

Yes, but it is coordinated to some degree. I'm much more eager to war him because I know he's been stealing from other people, and I'd be much more eager to GS or BR him, if someone else was doing it, too. In fact, I would only GS him if I knew other people would join in.

But to me, the difference maker is that he picked the fight with me. I would have a problem with people jumping in who he hadn't provoked, but I don't have a problem with people organizing against a common enemy.

But my standard is different from the moderators. If someone picks a fight with two people, why shouldn't his two enemies be allowed to work together? I do see why a third person shouldn't be allowed to jump in and help, but I don't see why people who have already been brought into the conflict shouldn't work together.

Edited By: Rockman on Dec 29th 2012, 21:39:44
See Original Post

Serpentor Game profile

Dec 29th 2012, 22:34:56

That's a valid point. I would think they could both attack a foe who violated them both. Perhaps the question could be answered by our game mod. It seems reasonable to me.
The EEVIL Empire

kmang Game profile

Dec 29th 2012, 22:40:48

IMO it's absurd if we cannot attack a tech thief because other has acted on him first. In fact as Rockman said, many would only hit him if someone else is doing it.

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 29th 2012, 23:16:51

All I'm saying is why should #202 get deleted for stealing tech? If you get deleted for killing him that's besides the point. I think anyone he stole tech from should be allowed to hit him and not be deleted btw.

OneMansArmy Game profile

Dec 29th 2012, 23:41:29

About five to six hours apart from each other seems to be working for the two hitting CROATIA #208 for his RoR's on them.

http://www.eestats.com/primary/country/208

I would hope that so long as there is no communication between the attacking countries, it would not be considered coordination. If your attacking at the same time as the other person each day it would seem a little suspicious. However, I don't think people should be required to even check the news before going to war with someone who provoked it.

I don't believe the countries should be able to communicate and coordinate their attacks on a common enemy. This is a solo server and if you are going to go to war it should be because you think you can do it on your own. You don't even have to win the war, but if you do enough damage to his networth, maybe he will re-think his strategy next set. If he has provoked multiple countries to war him, then he should be left to fend for himself so long as they are not communicating with each other IMO.
Other than Earth Empires I also play Battlefield games:
http://www.youtube.com/user/UneManArmy/featured

crest23 Game profile

Dec 30th 2012, 0:18:30

+1
The Nigerian Nightmare.

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Dec 30th 2012, 9:02:11

I will be back with an answer...hopefully in a few hours when I wake up

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 30th 2012, 16:10:33

Galleri-- I hope martain agrees because it would be a logical flaw to allow one person to harm multiple people but the people affected are not able to fight back.

I stole tech from several people this set too and had they all attacked me I would have expected it.

Galleri we should put that rule on paper... If you get attacked by someone in a harmful way you are allowed to fight them back even if it is more than one person. I would limit it to say you cant organize a kill run like on IRC or whatever but they should all be allowed to attack them: AB, Missile, GS (anything they want).

blid

EE Patron

Dec 31st 2012, 3:19:44

Originally posted by Rockman:

The rules are messed up.
Eh, I don't think the rules are messed up. If a few people just attack a guy without coordination, in theory as I understand it, they would not be deleted for it.

Now, I don't actually have a problem with coordinating either, IF the coordinating players have independent reasons for wanting to take a guy out. I shouldn't be able to write to any ally or a friend who has no dog in the fight and say "let's get this guy!" and we team up and act as an alliance. On the other hand, several months back tduong announced he was "declaring war on" game C. He began missiling, ABing, etc. against all other top players. Eventually the other players responded by teaming up and doing a killrun, which certainly seemed fair to me. Awhile back, a player had double tapped two allies, and they teamed up on him and got deleted. Since he double tapped each of them, I didn't see a problem with what they did, as they each had their own personal reasons to be invested in the war.

Edited By: blid on Dec 31st 2012, 3:24:07
See Original Post
Originally posted by Mr. Titanium:
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

blid

EE Patron

Dec 31st 2012, 3:31:06

BTW, the people that teamed up on The Cloaked should be deleted.

http://www.eestats.com/primary/country/197

Missile party on behalf of a friend from an uninvolved player is exactly what you're trying to delete for, right?
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

Magellaan Game profile

Dec 31st 2012, 4:14:02

I wouldn't even think organising a kill run on irc would be a bad thing in this case.
As long as every participant has casus belli..
Not MD, fake Magellaan.

Xinhuan Game profile

Dec 31st 2012, 4:28:16

The first wave of GSes have begun!

h2orich Game profile

Dec 31st 2012, 4:52:25

Is stealing tech op really good? what are the gains like?

blid

EE Patron

Dec 31st 2012, 5:19:37

It's good when you find targets with millions of tech points, I think I was losing like 12k a pop to Requiem.

Also I think even WITH coordination no one is gonna get KR'd in Primary.

Xinhuan Game profile

Dec 31st 2012, 5:56:17

You're losing 12k per steal blid? I'm losing 19k per steal lol.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 31st 2012, 10:25:03

Originally posted by blid:
It's good when you find targets with millions of tech points, I think I was losing like 12k a pop to Requiem.

Also I think even WITH coordination no one is gonna get KR'd in Primary.

wanna bet? you know i can get it done *coughIcoughORGANIZEDcoughKRcoughONcoughTDUONGcoughINcoughTOURNEY*, you forgot already? lol
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)

https://youtu.be/...pxFw4?si=mCDXT3t1vmFgn0qn

-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF~SKA=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

AndrewMose Game profile

Dec 31st 2012, 14:13:26

12k-18k per steal beats cashing if you are a farmer or indy...probably a casher too. Not a bad tactic if you don't mind making enemies. Any chance a Dictator farmer with a SPAL over 30 could do that so well that nobody would know who is doing it?

not that I am implying that I would ever legitimize that strategy.

Bee Game profile

Dec 31st 2012, 14:59:11

Originally posted by AndrewMose:
12k-18k per steal beats cashing if you are a farmer or indy...probably a casher too. Not a bad tactic if you don't mind making enemies. Any chance a Dictator farmer with a SPAL over 30 could do that so well that nobody would know who is doing it?

not that I am implying that I would ever legitimize that strategy.

It's easy to figure out who is doing it, I think it was mentioned earlier on the boards, if you're on GDI just try to send a missile at everyone in range (this is easier later in the reset if you're big and the ppl in range isn't too many) or look at the amt of tech you lose and the time and match it up to NW gain on eestats. Start with dict's first.

blid

EE Patron

Dec 31st 2012, 21:01:28

That's how I found Req, took a little while but the annoyance of the stolen tech was enough motivation to do it. I would have seriously considered warring him if he'd come back for more but he moved on or quit doing it. Take too much and it's a pretty sure bet you'll get a war on your hands.

Xinhuan Game profile

Jan 1st 2013, 0:13:49

Last day already, and nobody else has joined in with Rockman heh. I guess the rules scared everyone off.

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 1st 2013, 3:12:47

A few of my targets I was getting 20k points per steal. This guy had over 3.5 million total tech points though :p

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 1st 2013, 3:13:28

And like Blid said I spread the love enough no one was willing to war over it. It is actually a good strategy. I maxed out my techs as a commie without buying it.

OneMansArmy Game profile

Jan 1st 2013, 4:25:33

Never underestimate the importance of a good SPAL..
Other than Earth Empires I also play Battlefield games:
http://www.youtube.com/user/UneManArmy/featured

h2orich Game profile

Jan 1st 2013, 4:34:07

why would Rockman Gs on 1 day and BR on another?

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Jan 1st 2013, 4:47:29

Yeah I haven't a gotten answer from martian. :( He has yet to respond. To be honest I would love to post my opinion on it...but I can't.....

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 1st 2013, 13:24:10

Originally posted by galleri:
Yeah I haven't a gotten answer from martian. :( He has yet to respond. To be honest I would love to post my opinion on it...but I can't.....

Free world?

sudark Game profile

Jan 7th 2013, 12:45:19

The answer to this would be very helpful