Verified:

OneMansArmy Game profile

Nov 24th 2012, 23:01:34

What is generally considered top feeding vs middle feeding in Primary?
Other than Earth Empires I also play Battlefield games:
http://www.youtube.com/user/UneManArmy/featured

Serpentor Game profile

Nov 25th 2012, 1:35:44

These terms dont exist here. A grab is a grab, a retal is a grab, a bottom or topfeed is a grab. Just don't grab any country twice if your hiding in gdi or you open yourself up to war. If not in gdi have fun waring.
The EEVIL Empire

blid

EE Patron

Nov 25th 2012, 2:16:54

I'd generally call it a top feed if you're grabbing someone with more land than you. And I'd call it a mid feed if you're attacking someone significantly bigger than the 25% humanitarian limitation. I usually start a set with bottom feeding and move on to mid feeding later in the set.
Originally posted by Mr. Titanium:
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

LATC Game profile

Nov 25th 2012, 2:33:49

I like what Serp said, in primary it's irrelevant what type of grab it is. The way I see it, if someone has more land than me and not enough D, they deserve to be grabbed.
Originally posted by Xinhuan:
Are you guys stupid or what?

Rockman Game profile

Nov 25th 2012, 2:59:31

A topfeed is where you don't try to bounce the retal.
A middlefeed is where you try to bounce the retal.
A bottomfeed is where your target has no chance of retalling.

blid

EE Patron

Nov 25th 2012, 2:59:52

If they have more land and can easily grab you back, if you don't even stand a chance of preventing a retal, then it's a top feed, irrelevant or not.
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

oldman Game profile

Nov 25th 2012, 3:02:09

Originally posted by Rockman:
A topfeed is where you don't try to bounce the retal.
A middlefeed is where you try to bounce the retal.
A bottomfeed is where your target has no chance of retalling.

that's how I would define it.

Serpentor Game profile

Nov 25th 2012, 5:38:34

That's pretty good. Lol
The EEVIL Empire

Rob Game profile

Nov 25th 2012, 8:21:39

Very nicely put Rockman.

Cerberus Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 26th 2012, 19:15:12

No such things. If a country cannot hold on to it's land, it's simply too weak to possess it.
I don't need anger management, people need to stop pissing me off!

blid

EE Patron

Nov 26th 2012, 19:22:03

Nonsense statement, Cerberus. Anyone good could buy up jets and attack any top land country.

OneMansArmy Game profile

Nov 27th 2012, 4:09:11

Originally posted by blid:
Nonsense statement, Cerberus. Anyone good could buy up jets and attack any top land country.

As an example of a top 40 country in-feeding:
http://www.eestats.com/primary/country/208

I am curious to see how many let him get away with it though.

crest23 Game profile

Nov 27th 2012, 5:24:49

Lol, Gogy builds his countries like battle tanks. Very tough to penetrate unless you are dedicated, that's how he gets away with it.
The Nigerian Nightmare.

oldman Game profile

Nov 27th 2012, 12:38:45

2012-11-27 09:24:41 PS Robin Van Persie (#268) SV Sounds (#103) 4180A (6019A)

This is probably called a topfeed by Rockman's definition. I think he definitely expects to be retaled. He'll probably lose 3500 in the retal and come away with 2500 acres gain. Is it worth it? Maybe. But I definitely won't do it.

Rockman Game profile

Nov 27th 2012, 12:47:02

Originally posted by oldman:
2012-11-27 09:24:41 PS Robin Van Persie (#268) SV Sounds (#103) 4180A (6019A)

This is probably called a topfeed by Rockman's definition. I think he definitely expects to be retaled. He'll probably lose 3500 in the retal and come away with 2500 acres gain. Is it worth it? Maybe. But I definitely won't do it.

You're assuming that #103 does just 1:1 retals. If he hits back more than once, is a theo techer really going to want to get in a war with a 30k+ acre commie indy?

oldman Game profile

Nov 27th 2012, 12:48:13

which is why I said I won't do it if I were him/her =P

blid

EE Patron

Nov 27th 2012, 12:52:01

Imagine if that hit were made by a tyrant!

blid

EE Patron

Nov 27th 2012, 12:53:53

Yeah though, that guy #268 deserves to be hit back multiple times, but most top countries usually don't want to play chicken like that.

Rockman Game profile

Nov 27th 2012, 13:42:59

Imagine if that hit were made by a tyrant!

Imagine having 7k acres of labs to build, with no bpt bonus :P
And no production while building any of those labs.

herbs12 Game profile

Nov 27th 2012, 14:29:08

It's a risk to play that way for both parties. I was looking at him last night wondering why on so many acres you would play with such low net worth and open oneself up to attacks. SV was by far the most tempting target in the game for a topfeed and sat perfectly still waiting for it. I think there is a inherent risk to be one of the most land fat players by far an then to sit in a networth group that would make you look more tantalizing can only be blamed on himself. Keeping in mind I'm positive I know who is playing that and he is a commie master in my kind and I have the utmost respect for him. I just think that with tech prices being as they are top feeds will be more common and that hit was to inviting.

Rockman Game profile

Nov 27th 2012, 15:55:23

Yeah though, that guy #268 deserves to be hit back multiple times, but most top countries usually don't want to play chicken like that.

If non-techers stood up to techers and called their bluff, techers wouldn't get away with the crap they pull.

Techers have no production while building, no production while attacking, no production while doing spy ops, and have a much harsher income penalty for being only partly built.

You don't have to use a 1:1 retal policy.

If netters stand up to techers, its a very easy win to make sure techers know that they are not entitled to a 1:1 retal policy. They don't have the warring ability to force that policy on netters. The only reason netters accept it is that they don't have enough balls.

Unfortunately, the anti-bottomfeeding nerf qzjul put in to boost landtraders has also had the unintended side effect that it drastically decreases the benefits for winning a war against a topfeeder and getting to farm him afterwards.

crest23 Game profile

Nov 27th 2012, 16:09:09

If there's anything I hate, it is the bottomfeeding nerfing. It makes sense if the goal is to save noobs from being farmed to death. But I think maybe they put in a modifier if special attacks or harmful spyops are going on so you can actually farm an enemy.

http://www.eestats.com/primary/country/280

I think #280 should be getting great returns from #227 since they are actively warring and not just landtrading.
The Nigerian Nightmare.

OneMansArmy Game profile

Nov 28th 2012, 0:09:35

Techers are netters too! Well, some of them anyway.. But your right, they are not so good in a war and suffer heavy setbacks.

Techers are probably the easiest to quickly get a bunch of tech into warfare and gain missiles. So that may be a reason to keep to a 1:1 retal policy, unless you can get good SDI protection.

I agree with oldman, not something I would try if I was netting. I imagine it really pisses people off losing that much in one grab.

Magellaan Game profile

Nov 28th 2012, 3:56:36

Techers also have a nice tech stock at this point so that can make them last a while. Long enough to ruin someone's set.
Still, If I were that commie I'd retal twice.
Not MD, fake Magellaan.

VivaNick Game profile

Nov 28th 2012, 4:49:34

Originally posted by Magellaan:
Techers also have a nice tech stock at this point so that can make them last a while. Long enough to ruin someone's set.
Still, If I were that commie I'd retal twice.

Retal twice mean you're welcome Nukes & Chems unless u wanna spend more den 1bil to buy SDI for the rest of the set.
Its totally not worth, I believe a smart netgainer 100% wont do that.

Magellaan Game profile

Nov 28th 2012, 5:42:22

Its a tough decision hehe. Retal twice and you might get into a war, retal once and you send out the message that people can topfeed you and gain land from it.
Not MD, fake Magellaan.

VivaNick Game profile

Nov 28th 2012, 6:09:26

Originally posted by Magellaan:
Its a tough decision hehe. Retal twice and you might get into a war, retal once and you send out the message that people can topfeed you and gain land from it.

Its not nice to topfeed in Primary, I learned some lesson before ;P

VivaNick Game profile

Nov 28th 2012, 6:15:38

1)However, topfeed still works in steal indies to produce spies.

2)Techers topfeed while jump also works to steal cashers stock & land to make bigger private market size.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 28th 2012, 18:57:05

Originally posted by crest23:
Lol, Gogy builds his countries like battle tanks. Very tough to penetrate unless you are dedicated, that's how he gets away with it.

Yes, but he ALWAYS leaves the hatch open for someone to drop grenades inside, ie, he DTs like he just did on #23, dumb.
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

Cerberus Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 28th 2012, 19:19:35

Have you ever tried reading? If you can't defend your land, then you shouldn't have it. Its about defense.
I don't need anger management, people need to stop pissing me off!

blid

EE Patron

Nov 28th 2012, 19:26:30

So nobody should have land.

OneMansArmy Game profile

Nov 28th 2012, 21:59:53

A good defense can be having a solid offense. You don't have to attack anyone, but if your packing enough jets to break the top countries, most probably are not going to hit you.

Serpentor Game profile

Nov 28th 2012, 23:04:07

True, but the low guys can rape at will.
The EEVIL Empire