Verified:

g0nz0 Game profile

Dec 29th 2021, 18:35:55

When I use oil to refill my private market, can I exceed my Max PM capacity? Is buying oil worth it or do I focus on food and PM buyout timing?

If I am a farmer is resource decay a waste of bonus, maybe more for ca$hers?

Free candy for best answer.

Tmac Game profile

Dec 29th 2021, 19:26:45

Yes

Depends, but prob not worth it here unless you planned it. You would need to stock oil all set or have rigs to help because you prob would struggle to find enough oil at the right price.

Decay is only good if you plan on stocking cash

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Dec 29th 2021, 20:08:16

Oil burning, yes you can exceed max PM capacity with this.

Is it worth it? -Mostly in alliance, team and FFA, for reasons. There have been rare oil destockers on primary, express(me once or twice for instance), and tournament but oil destocking is mostly a niche thing for those servers.

Resource decay works for a farmer as well as it reduces the decay of food and because farmers might also want to keep their stock as cash at some point('sell food high, wait with jump'- type of play), tho I'm not sure for which govt and server it would be better than the alternatives.

g0nz0 Game profile

Dec 30th 2021, 16:23:48

Originally posted by Tmac:
Yes

Depends, but prob not worth it here unless you planned it. You would need to stock oil all set or have rigs to help because you prob would struggle to find enough oil at the right price.

Decay is only good if you plan on stocking cash

I bought 6 million barrels for $130 or less. Plenty more to be had. Should I just hold and resell later when oil goes up, keep buying while it's cheap? As to Gerald's inference this is in Alliance.

Edit: This is "stocked" oil. I usually can't make it past 10k acres without getting hit, so my oil needed for grabs isn't high.

Edited By: g0nz0 on Dec 30th 2021, 16:30:02
See Original Post

Tmac Game profile

Dec 30th 2021, 17:26:45

You are talking about alliance? Yeah, most use oil destock there.

If you're talking about primary, I expect oil to only drop further unless you buy it all. You have to consider that you are giving up nw from dropped land and govt change as well as spending stock on oil to do it though. That means your stock needs to be big enough for it to be worth it which is why I said it's tough to find enough oil here to do it.

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Dec 30th 2021, 21:24:53

you are also buying ~0.6 oil barrels per NW even before buying that military. This is generally worth it in alliance because the game is so long and you stock at such a small percentage of your ending NW, that the cost of the switch is insignificant. the winner of this set is probably sitting at 30-40m NW right now and the winning NW is usually somewhere around 100-150m NW but the switch costs 10-15m NW which is huge here.

TunerSteve Game profile

Mar 5th 2023, 18:43:59

no idea