Verified:

crest23 Game profile

Oct 29th 2011, 20:23:52

What is the reason for ghost acres again?
The Nigerian Nightmare.

afaik Game profile

Oct 29th 2011, 20:26:45

Creates more land in the game (more important as the player base gets smaller). It was introduced in the early days so it is a reintroduction rather than a new concept).

crest23 Game profile

Oct 29th 2011, 20:31:35

Why not scrap it and increase land gain? Scrap it and increas the effects of military strat? Scrap it in Alliance.
The Nigerian Nightmare.

afaik Game profile

Oct 29th 2011, 20:52:02

I think it adds a basic benefit to being the attacker (in that the targets buildings are usually intact, so ghosts are maxed), the retaller usually has to hit a partially built country back. This encourages grabbing which was another intention of ghost acres. If returns or mstrat were increased there would be less benefit to the attacker.

Marshal Game profile

Oct 29th 2011, 22:11:56

if non ghost land gains are increased then more alliances might start doing land:land retals where orig. attacker always loses land and that would decrease grabbing between alliances and increase bottomfeeding.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

blid

EE Patron

Oct 29th 2011, 22:47:31

Ghost acres own. When Mehul took out ghost acres the game really suffered, there was not enough land to grab, and all-x became much more powerful.
Originally posted by Mr. Titanium:
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

Marshal Game profile

Oct 30th 2011, 13:32:32

mehul's ghost acres were ridiculous, players got same amount or more of ghosts than they got non-ghost land and players abused that more than llaar did on EE-FFA sets ago.

you can read about old ghost acres on laf's at-archive.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

Watertowers

Oct 31st 2011, 17:54:56

Ghost acres was one of the main three reasons why E2025 lost players. Top players were unable to grab much land and with the occasional nuke or topfeed, there simply wasn't enough land at the top. And ghost acres does make sense, given that the military will go out and do some extra exploring on their way to the enemy.