Verified:

Zahc Game profile

Nov 10th 2010, 19:50:08

with a ~30k casher do you think its beneficial to build some farms to reduce the bushel loss with bushels around 45$ or do you get more by having the acres built to ent/res?

ive always went 100% ent/res but i saw some ops of farmers with res/ent buildings to bring their income into the green so im curious and dont feel like crunching the numbers
llort orp s`fos

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Nov 10th 2010, 20:18:31

specialization is good
Finally did the signature thing.

Marshal Game profile

Nov 10th 2010, 20:24:46

if you want positive food as casher and you have alot pop you would need alot farms (and agri-tech proilly) for that and it would hurt your income vs other cashers.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

Detmer Game profile

Nov 11th 2010, 3:39:45

I assume 30k is your NW?

During startups many countries build farms since they have relatively high production without tech (which countries do not have at the start of the set clearly) and since there is not food on the market at the start of the round if you want to play turns you will need some source of food.

Zahc Game profile

Nov 11th 2010, 19:59:54

umm, is that post serious detmer? 30k is my acres

i always assumed 100% casher was best and from the looks of it, it is
llort orp s`fos

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Nov 11th 2010, 22:05:45

Pretty much all of the typical specialization justifications apply here.

The production of your ent and res buildings is based on the percentage of your land filled by them (more or less), so adding farms will directly impact your tax revenues in more than what you'd expect. You're also probably a republic, which means no bonus for food production. With 30k acres you also already have high bus/res tech as well, with no agri tech.

Food prices would have to be absolutely insane (over $100 at least) to even begin thinking about it. If you're concerned about food prices rising in the future, I'd suggest simply stocking food so you're covered.

Detmer Game profile

Nov 13th 2010, 19:06:39

Originally posted by Zahc:
umm, is that post serious detmer? 30k is my acres

i always assumed 100% casher was best and from the looks of it, it is

I figured anyone with 30k acres would already know what Slagpit posted =P so yeah, I was serious =P

Marshal Game profile

Nov 13th 2010, 19:49:14

not zack/zackywoo/etc.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....