Verified:

BUTTMAN Game profile

Nov 12th 2014, 15:44:35

Sorry, this is probably common knowledge, I assume this bonus occurs at the same time every day, but what time is that?

BUTTMAN Game profile

Nov 12th 2014, 15:45:41

nevermind I jumped the gun, found it in my news feed from a different server

Getafix Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 12th 2014, 19:22:46

Its still a good question. This set in Tournament A, I logged in at somewhere like 5 or 10 minutes into the set and I got 20 more acres than everyone else. I was able to get to 200 acres saving turns. That really helps your initial population growth. But don't ask me why I got the 20 acres, there seems to be an element of randomness to it despite all the discussions that there have been over the years about how to get the most acres and bonus turns at the start of a set.

BUTTMAN Game profile

Nov 12th 2014, 19:35:01

That's why I was wondering. I wanted to know how many acres you could accumulate in express before running any turns (obviously without losing any turns, as well). I don't know if it would even make a difference but I was hoping the extra acres would produce enough food for me to delay building farms until I could bring up my BPT a little more.

This week it doesn't matter as I am running farmer, but i wanted to pose the question while I was thinking of it. Thanks for the feedback!

Getafix Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 12th 2014, 19:44:29

In Express you don't get an extra 20 acres until 00:00 GMT of day 2. The extra acres do help for food production and population growth. I usually wait until I have that 120 acres before I take my first turn. Since you get 360 turns per day, plus the 3 bonus turns after every 2 and 4 hours alternating, you would be losing turns if you waited until you had 140 acres at the start of day 3.

Getafix Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 12th 2014, 19:53:00

On another similar note, if you want to maximize your turns in Express, log in during the first few minutes of the set to get 6 bonus turns. Then leave Express open in its own browser window for the whole set, and set up a browser auto reloader app to reload your status page every 15 minutes or so. I use Firefox with an extension called ReloadEvery.

Marshal Game profile

Nov 12th 2014, 20:15:05

that 20 aces bonus is bit bugged, once I got it twice during 1st 20 mins and then ~18 hrs later but after rhat haven't got it more than once and in FFA we aren't getting it until day 3.

6 bonus turns same, we should get 6 turns when set starts and if we log in 18+ hrs later then another 6 turns but that didn't occur this set in alliance (only once 6 bonus turns).
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....