Verified:

KeTcHuP Game profile

Mar 15th 2014, 18:04:57

How do you calculate when to start destocking?

IE; I am 65k acres, 20 days left in set, 150m bushels stock.

Current;
+2.5m cash/turn(4m cashing)
-30k bushels/turn

36m NW.

I still need a bit more military tech.
Ketchup the Thoughtful Suicidier

Xinhuan Game profile

Mar 16th 2014, 5:03:54

You don't. Just wing it.

(Calculating destock time for Commies is one of the most difficult fluff in this game. Only Hanlong once made a BIG spreadsheet for this on Alliance server.)

You don't typically need to calculate destock time for non-Alliance servers, you just grab until it is no longer profitable to grab, then start cashing out from that point. No buying/selling bushels completely, other than at most enough bushels to last until last turn of reset.

blid

EE Patron

Mar 16th 2014, 12:51:51

It's annoying but you can make a spreadsheet for it if you want. I did it for some past reset or other. You know how many jets or whatever you'll be making every turn, so you can have a row for every turn remaining with one column calculating your new cash expenses and another calculating your new food expenses with military on the market, and then you can sum both those columns and see how much you need. And then, and then, you can subtract like 10m jets or whatever from one of the rows if that's how much you want to sell, and that'll change all the numbers, granting you lower expenses and lower stocking needs. And play with that 10m jet number or whatever a bit until you get about a match.
Originally posted by Mr. Titanium:
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

h2orich Game profile

Mar 17th 2014, 7:56:27

you can just create a quick spreadsheet within a min, thats what I do for my express CIs.

or Xin, actually parallax has a very detailed spreadsheet(i didnt look thru it), wonder if that was made from Hanlong.

Xinhuan Game profile

Mar 17th 2014, 14:29:59

Yeah, but what blid said is not "calculating" the optimal destock, it is more of "simulating" the destock, and then tweaking numbers as high as possible, which is a completely different thing.

Calculating means you derive a set of conditions and formulas such that you can work it out directly. For example, you can calculate directly if it is better to start stocking and stop grabbing, by calculating the marginal gains vs the marginal losses of making an extra grab over the remainder of the reset.

Simulating means you run a row-by-row simulation of a country from turn-to-turn, and then tweaking certain rows to see if that helps improve the finish.

What I'm trying to say that, its too complex to calculate for Alliance server; you can only run simulations.