Verified:

BUTTMAN Game profile

Oct 13th 2014, 17:31:10

Just wondering what you guys have found to be more productive in the first ~500 turns

As a commie/indy, I don't know if i'm better off getting turns or indy booms.

Not sure if circumstances or server dictate the answer.. but i can't find what the boom% is equal to and how that would compare to my normal production.

Also, this could just be ignorance, but do the other bonuses add up over time to be worth it? I just can't see stacking -% building costs all set, or -.8% upkeep.

Frybert Game profile

Oct 13th 2014, 19:07:23

Of course it will depend on the server. In express you only get your 40 point for the whole set, so you'll probably want to spend them on more persistent things, at least until the end.

That being said, I only play express and my first 16 points usually goes to GDI.

BUTTMAN Game profile

Oct 13th 2014, 19:26:46

Thanks, Frybert.

I never know what to spend them on, so I always seem to spend them on turns, even on a server where turns are super abundant.

Furious999 Game profile

Oct 14th 2014, 9:53:12

The others do stack up over time. You can get expenses to over 30% off on the longer servers and I got defence to well over 20% playing about three quaters of the last Alliance set.

Late on turns or booms are good. Booms produce about three to four times as much of the money/goods as usual so might get you a bit more than turns but I have not done the arithmetic.

As Fry says GDI is a bit of a no brainer in Express.

h2orich Game profile

Oct 14th 2014, 9:54:54

As a CI.. its best to get expenses bonuses since you will be running high amount of military all set. This applies to all servers except Express.

In Express, you use your points Free GDI + Indy Booms because the game length is too short.

BUTTMAN Game profile

Oct 14th 2014, 13:38:13

thanks for the input

VicRattlehead Game profile

Oct 14th 2014, 16:00:04

Yah, expenses for commie is boss.