Verified:

SkyKing Game profile

Oct 24th 2014, 15:44:00

Why am I so bad at farmer strat on express?

VicRattlehead Game profile

Oct 24th 2014, 17:07:29

Try it as a fascist to get the hang of how it works, the production bonus early gives a marked advantage over a demo before the tech and market advantages come into play.

Furious999 Game profile

Oct 24th 2014, 17:44:31

I only tried it once - years ago. I was hopeless too. It's not so easy as it should be somehow.

I mean, get land, put up farms, buy Agri how tough is that?

But somehow, ...... well I did no good at all.

SkyKing Game profile

Oct 24th 2014, 18:35:35

BLARGFH.
Originally posted by Furious999:
I only tried it once - years ago. I was hopeless too. It's not so easy as it should be somehow.

I mean, get land, put up farms, buy Agri how tough is that?

But somehow, ...... well I did no good at all.
You would think its that fluffing simple.

Marshal Game profile

Oct 24th 2014, 19:14:53

get business too.

it looks easy but if price stays low then it comes not that easy.

for example in ffa price is 34-35 and set is nearly month old.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

SkyKing Game profile

Oct 24th 2014, 20:42:09

So I've got the start down its after that 2nd batch explore that I start getting wrecked. I think I should go tech start then into farming. I'm good at teching, I think I can make that transition if I set up properly. Maybe I'm going about gaining land as a farmer in express all wrong as well. Maybe I shouldn't even both with batch exploring and just slow roll it.

Marshal Game profile

Oct 24th 2014, 20:56:44

tech awhile and then start getting land.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

Furious999 Game profile

Oct 25th 2014, 18:01:46

SkyKing - in another thread I'm sure someone was telling us that being willing to sell on the private market is a way to keep up momentum.

I'm going to try farmer again at some early date - mostly because I am intrigued by oil prices across the servers, so I may then be putting up rigs one day - but meanwhile that comment, about selling on the private market, is the one that stays with me. It's a matter, I think, of getting over a hump.

VicRattlehead Game profile

Oct 25th 2014, 18:31:44

That was me Furious. Yes, as you get rolling you need immediate disposable cash and cannot always afford to wait for public sales. Another reason a Fascist start is good - you lose less compared to a demo by selling on private due to commission, it is less of a sacrifice to "stay safe."

Don't just get bus, get res too. It works out.

Furious999 Game profile

Oct 27th 2014, 17:08:53

What you said made sense to me when you said it before Vic. Momentum is very important in this game - as indeed in almost every other. Lose one "tempo" in chess and you are significantly behind your opponent.

Anyway I'm going to give farmer a go with a willingness to put up rigs if conditions seem to favour it (which may mean, no-one else playing oiler). So fascist will suit me fine.