Verified:

VicRattlehead Game profile

Sep 3rd 2014, 20:06:00

So I want to make sure I understand this correctly before I base a round of play around it. It makes the PM replenish faster, but NOT increase in size, is that right? I want to try a low land TTR type country in tourney, thinking like 8k acres as labs and all my bonuses sunk into that stat should allow me to make a good income for the whole round, right? Am i missing something super obvious? I think I should be able to clear 20M with this strat, if my maths are correct, with little difficulty.

Marshal Game profile

Sep 3rd 2014, 20:14:47

yep, only increases replenishment. only land increases size.

sure you get nice income IF your pm price<public price (-6% sales tax) when reselling military.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

Sep 3rd 2014, 20:33:53

Ok, I would like it better the other way but I can just buy it out more often lol

Marshal Game profile

Sep 3rd 2014, 21:10:48

longer you are away more stuff to buy in pm.

braden Game profile

Sep 4th 2014, 0:25:52

depending on tech prices, vic, might it not be more productive, income wise, to invest the points into turns?

that's some math involved there that I've never run, i base it off of the idea that while a techer you want to invest every possible turn into teching?

maybe something to consider, is all.

Sep 4th 2014, 1:04:14

Could be, not sure, but I want to "run big" for most of the set - I am sure this tourney a is not like the old 2a for brutality, but I want my first set there to be trouble free. I figure if I can supplement with heavy reselling I will look like a bad target all set.

Sep 4th 2014, 1:04:52

Not in it to win it, per se, with this strat, but I think t10 is feasible based on the ending nets of hone last ten sets.

Xinhuan Game profile

Sep 4th 2014, 2:46:36

The record full-set MBR for Primary is $45,625,297 NW by Rockman, 3 years ago in Round 8. 45m NW is less than half the NW required for obtaining top 10.

Please see http://www.earthempires.com/...-2014-23372?t=1404563912, bottom of the second post for the top 5 records of every strategy type. This should give you an idea of the feasibility of running full set MBRs for the purposes of top 10.

Sep 4th 2014, 3:06:24

You misunderstand, I am going to tech and resell. Are you saying I shouldn't spend my turns/resources reselling in a solo environment? I think I can make t10 in tourney a with this plan, not primary. In primary I want to hit 30k, stock, convert with about a week to go. With the country under discussion on this thread I intend to build zero military bases.

Xinhuan Game profile

Sep 4th 2014, 10:50:32

Ah, then yes, it might possibly work. :)

blid

EE Patron

Sep 5th 2014, 2:31:58

The margins are pretty tight as a reseller without military bases, probably would be better off putting the bonuses into turns, rather than market regen, but hey, that wouldn't be as fun
Originally posted by Mr. Titanium:
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

Sep 5th 2014, 3:21:45

Yeah, I might not have been around lately but I have played since 97. I like trying specific things to see what happens more than I play for high scores any more.

Furious999 Game profile

Sep 13th 2014, 17:25:50

I have tried this in express and it did not go well. Certainly giving a boost to the replenishment rate of the private market helps when destocking but I was unable to get any worthwhile re-selling to work (also applies to several sets in tourney). Without the extra benefit from re-selling I believe the bonus would have been better invested in reducing expenses.

I have done zero arithmetic on this.

Marshal Game profile

Sep 13th 2014, 19:19:03

true that it depends prices if is reselling, for example lately in alliance prices have been so low that theo with maxed mil tech would have gotten profit only by selling troops and maybe tanks. it also helps on restocking w/o reselling but isn't prolly worth to invest if has big priv market.

Sep 24th 2014, 17:25:40

This is working out. I destocked a little early, but was able to sell 22M bushels for $50/pop. I have probably another $100M of tech on the market now, and some troops and tanks. Still think I will be right around that 20M mark.