Verified:

hsifreta Game profile

Feb 6th 2014, 13:01:41

A theo start up or a reppy start up?

Xinhuan Game profile

Feb 6th 2014, 17:39:15

There is no conclusive answer, because it is dependent on reset length, land goal, how you plan to stock/destock (public or private), whether you have tag protection, and about 20 other factors.

RaTS FYA Game profile

Feb 8th 2014, 14:45:43

Tyranny
<~qzjul> it gives you a good introduction to orbital mechanics and a good appreciation for how central delta-V is and thrust to weight ratio
<RaTSFYA>The only thrust to weight ratio I'm worried about involves the women I pick up at bars

Marshal Game profile

Feb 8th 2014, 19:42:37

and rat-boy could enlight us how.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

hsifreta Game profile

Feb 8th 2014, 20:45:06

thx. i've sorta figured this out for what i need. i do reckon gaining acres faster is better, since if you only use theo for a start up, eventually you'll need to spend turns in regaining the CS's that you destroy. it's a trade off between saving turns on early CS building or post-startup exploring, and while CS building will have similar effects anywhere in the set, while exploring will be significantly less later on.

though if you're starting as an indy, you might gain a good boost from a theo indy start up, given that you'll be able to grab earlier, if you grab at all, though grabbing early is a two edged sword in itself.

TDA101 Game profile

Feb 9th 2014, 1:50:59

For casher?

I think a Rep Casher will win out anytime. You can even cash all ur turns and not stock properly and switch to a theo and come out ahead.

hsifreta Game profile

Feb 9th 2014, 12:37:27

thx TDA, havent seen ur TheoCasher country nick for some time. =P

Zoeismadlol Game profile

Jun 29th 2014, 17:18:22

Originally posted by TDA101:
For casher?

I think a Rep Casher will win out anytime. You can even cash all ur turns and not stock properly and switch to a theo and come out ahead.

How does this build work? as a returning player I'd like to try this strat.

Marshal Game profile

Jun 29th 2014, 19:16:27

tda's post was joke.

theo casher is viable strat and rep casher to theo (when restocking starts) is normal but not what tda said.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

Zoeismadlol Game profile

Jun 30th 2014, 0:12:31

So how do you do a tech start anyway? Do you tech at a low acre amount like 2-5k, then swap to casher?