Verified:

BlackHole Game profile

Feb 5th 2023, 18:42:07

This is not an idea for next round, as war is coming... but in future rounds, I have an idea.

How would people feel about actual 5 man teams, enforced by everyone on the server - but here's the kicker - the teams are made up of randomly drafted players.

The goal of the set will be to be the top team in total networth. If you're not first, you're last. Anything goes. All out war to bring down other 5 man teams. A free for all, if you will.

My thought process is it could break up the monotony of doing the same thing round after round.

Would anyone be interested in that?

sfbob Game profile

Feb 5th 2023, 18:56:43

No

BlackHole Game profile

Feb 5th 2023, 19:15:33

Originally posted by sfbob:
No

Then you don't get to be on a team!

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 5th 2023, 19:27:33

This isn't a new idea, failed in past and will fail again for the simple reason that people are comfortable playing with people who they know and trust that they won't get screwed, that's mainly why it won't fly, sorry bro
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

outlaw Game profile

Feb 5th 2023, 19:28:59

i played in a game years ago, galaxy 2025 it had a server called last man standing when you were killed could not come back in
game was frozen no new members once game started and had a prize for last man standing could do the same with teams last team standing

sfbob Game profile

Feb 5th 2023, 19:46:13

Seriously, I can see that your idea could be fun but assigning people randomly takes the team out of team. ie people like to play with their friends or create teams of players with a view to winning.

Anything goes already in team but generally you don't win team by taking down other teams or if you do you've got to be subtle about it. ie some teams here will spy op you out of the top ten if they get the chance and it helps them finish above you. Trying to war your way to the top just incurs retals and tends to take out both teams leaving the way clear for a team who have avoided trouble to win.

Most importantly if you did succeed in changing team then the new team eventually becomes monotonous and people will want to change it back.

I think most people like it how it is, ideal turn rate, so not so slow it's boring but not so fast you have to play many times a day. No bots so you don't have to spend all day LGing and no rules.

SuperFly Game profile

Feb 5th 2023, 19:53:57

Well there is one rule SFBob; kill or be killed lol

sfbob Game profile

Feb 5th 2023, 20:01:44

Originally posted by KoHeartsGPA:
This isn't a new idea, failed in past and will fail again for the simple reason that people are comfortable playing with people who they know and trust that they won't get screwed, that's mainly why it won't fly, sorry bro

Reminds me of the one time I joined up with people I didn't know in a tag called 'Leroy's Scalded Ass Apes'. Never again

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 5th 2023, 20:12:45

Originally posted by sfbob:
Originally posted by KoHeartsGPA:

Reminds me of the one time I joined up with people I didn't know in a tag called 'Leroy's Scalded Ass Apes'. Never again

Exactly how I was burned too, random tag LOL
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

Coalie Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 5th 2023, 20:55:56

Bro if I get into the same team as some weirdo named Black Hole, I would just quit the game forever.

There's too much inherent risk.

Mrredmanbhs Game profile

Feb 5th 2023, 21:22:43

Originally posted by Coalie:
Bro if I get into the same team as some weirdo named Black Hole, I would just quit the game forever.

This...

Inevitably a player with be assigned to a team and be unhappy with their teammates level of competitiveness and the team will no work well together.
-MrRedManbhs

SuperFly Game profile

Feb 5th 2023, 21:51:53

Coalie likes his holes bleached

sfbob Game profile

Feb 5th 2023, 22:33:37

After years of struggle and famine, you have risen up to lead your people into a new golden age!
Your new nation requires a name:

Congratulations player, you have been assigned to THE RESISTANCE.

BlackHole Game profile

Feb 5th 2023, 23:09:10

That sounds like a dream come true, SFbob.

Tertius Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 6th 2023, 0:22:28

Games like Utopia did that, and then everyone circumvented those rules to run off bad players and trade accounts to get the players they wanted.

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Feb 6th 2023, 20:00:01

Actually I had this idea for this server.
They all hated it.
They all hated me for even suggesting it.
So here we are. 😬

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Feb 6th 2023, 20:00:59

Originally posted by SuperFly:

Coalie likes his holes bleached

Anyone named after a lumpy rock......
Yeah. No.

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

Coalie Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 6th 2023, 20:01:36

Originally posted by galleri:
Actually I had this idea for this server.
They all hated it.
They all hated me for even suggesting it.
So here we are. 😬

yeah dude, nobody wants to end up in a tag where the leader is a bipolar weirdo that suffers from borderline personality disorder.

I can see where the rest of the guys are coming from.

BlackHole Game profile

Feb 6th 2023, 23:43:32

Coalie, no one was going to let you run a tag, so that wasn't going to happen.

Symbolic Game profile

Feb 7th 2023, 5:21:58

I think a really good idea next round is b hole and gang just self delete and take er to another town.