Verified:

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 30th 2010, 12:02:38

de1i, you sound like an RD cheerleader.

OGT Game profile

Aug 30th 2010, 12:54:38

now3p your damned if you do and your damned if you don't.

oh and did i not call it and say that this server would slowly bomb over time, i think those statistics proved it.

I bet this server costs maybe 50-100 players who didn't play 1a.

its not rd thats ruining it, its just the server itself, rd is just pushing that along nicely.

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Aug 30th 2010, 16:27:21

Mr Midnight

Aug 30th 2010, 16:44:49

Must be so nice for all of you to have someone to blame for the downfall of Team Server, the fall of Rome, and global warming.

Get over yourselves. You want RD to leave this server and bring the number down to what, 50 players, 60? Wow, how fun would that be for all you. I wouldnt even play on this server if not for RD.

Maybe instead of making threads crying for the mods to fix it all nice and perty for ya, you should grow a pair and enforce the changes you want yourselves.

NukEvil Game profile

Aug 30th 2010, 16:47:39

I guess one option is to code in an ingame 'dec war' option, where one team can dec on one other team, and all other teams won't be able to do anything to either teams but info spy and SS and PS for retals and such...
I am a troll. Everything I say must be assumed to be said solely to provoke an exaggerated reaction to the current topic. I fully intend to bring absolutely no substance to any discussion, ongoing or otherwise. Conversing with me is pointless.

de1i Game profile

Aug 30th 2010, 16:48:44

Originally posted by Requiem:
de1i, you sound like an RD cheerleader.

200 people left the server PRIOR to RD's arrival on Team, that is half the amount of countries it started with. So I'd much rather sound like a cheerleader than someone blindly convinced that RD is the sole cause of this server's decline when it was clearly headed downhill long beforehand.

NukEvil Game profile

Aug 30th 2010, 16:50:23

Could it be that players were leaving before RD arrived because other clans were 'abusing' the 5-member limit long before RD came?
I am a troll. Everything I say must be assumed to be said solely to provoke an exaggerated reaction to the current topic. I fully intend to bring absolutely no substance to any discussion, ongoing or otherwise. Conversing with me is pointless.

Mr Midnight

Aug 30th 2010, 16:52:13

shhhh .... then RD wouldnt be the reason for the server failing and they might have nowhere to place all the blame.

snawdog Game profile

Aug 30th 2010, 16:53:43

Originally posted by NukEvil:
Could it be that players were leaving before RD arrived because other clans were 'abusing' the 5-member limit long before RD came?

That is exactly the problem,this server never had a chance to be played as intended.
And as for the 'war dec' idea,it should be implemented someway,and should have been since server was opened.
ICQ 364553524
msn

gwagers Game profile

Aug 30th 2010, 16:56:33

I would say that some, if not most, of those people left because they didn't want a 5-member limit to begin with.
Peloponnese (PEHL-oh-puh-NEES): a mythical land of cheesecake

"We cannot enter into alliance with neighboring princes until we are acquainted with their designs..."--Sun Tzu

Who has time for that? BLAST THEM ALL!

NukEvil Game profile

Aug 30th 2010, 17:22:12

Then why'd those same players decide to start playing this server in the first place if they knew about the 5-member limit?

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 30th 2010, 19:15:07

Deli when I talk about this problem I don't mean RD only... I mean any tag that runs more than 5.

You've been all over team talk defending RD. Which color are you?

gwagers Game profile

Aug 30th 2010, 19:39:27

They didn't. They played 1a--where there was no limit. The limit was imposed, there was a war, they lost, and they left.

"We cannot enter into alliance with neighboring princes until we are acquainted with their designs..."--Sun Tzu

de1i Game profile

Aug 30th 2010, 19:57:19

Originally posted by Requiem:
Deli when I talk about this problem I don't mean RD only... I mean any tag that runs more than 5.

You've been all over team talk defending RD. Which color are you?

Fair enough. Don't have a Color alias that I'm aware of, but if I did and it wasn't already known I wouldn't be sharing it :P

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Aug 30th 2010, 19:59:38

de1i's alias is Mr Meat Brown, duh

de1i Game profile

Aug 30th 2010, 23:42:54

Despite yours being in a Crayola box I am still partial to Mr Bologna.

Mr Lemon Chiffon Game profile

Aug 31st 2010, 1:13:27

I guess one option is to code in an ingame 'dec war' option, where one team can dec on one other team, and all other teams won't be able to do anything to either teams but info spy and SS and PS for retals and such...

I see many flaws in this idea and many ways to abuse it.

Looks good on paper. I can PM you later with what can go wrong with it.
New Kids show - Thomas the Pank Engine.
Your kids can follow Thomas around the trailer park seeking meth heads.

Mr Lemon Chiffon Game profile

Aug 31st 2010, 1:14:31

Originally posted by Trock:

Why do you have a difference on policies from one server to another?

Maybe because the different servers are different games?
New Kids show - Thomas the Pank Engine.
Your kids can follow Thomas around the trailer park seeking meth heads.

snawdog Game profile

Aug 31st 2010, 1:22:00

Originally posted by Mr Lemon Chiffon:

I see many flaws in this idea and many ways to abuse it.

Looks good on paper. I can PM you later with what can go wrong with it.

Flaws=RD cannot co ordinate?
ICQ 364553524
msn

de1i Game profile

Aug 31st 2010, 1:27:42

Nice attempt, but major things like 2 teams could coordinate to declare war on each other and not attack to keep other teams from actually doing harmful attacks on them.

snawdog Game profile

Aug 31st 2010, 1:44:03

Originally posted by de1i:
Nice attempt, but major things like 2 teams could coordinate to declare war on each other and not attack to keep other teams from actually doing harmful attacks on them.

Are you serious? No one but the bullies care about NW on this server...This was meant to be King of the Hill..5 man style..
ICQ 364553524
msn

snawdog Game profile

Aug 31st 2010, 1:45:12

[edit] for above

My 'Team' can beat yours...sheesh
ICQ 364553524
msn

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Sep 1st 2010, 20:37:55

de1i : but if you did have an alias we would know.. especially ceiling llama.

"i read previously that the moderators are in RD... this would make sense why they are not deleting RD countries. i dont really know if thats true or not bu when i read comments like Slag's i begin to think it is true"

HA.. HAHA.. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA... ummmm no.

And yes, the abuse was there long before "RD" existed on team server.
you are all special in the eyes of fluff
(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

RUN IT IS A KILLER BUNNY!!!

locket Game profile

Sep 1st 2010, 21:37:25

RD could have simply killed the cross retallers and then when they stopped stop doing the crap and go back to 5 man teams. But meh.

And as for enforcing whether people are working together I played in lastknights when they tried to have no more than 2 countries working together and there will always be ways to get around things like that that are less obvious. They could get rid of some of the more obvious things like the obvious joint rd kill runs but it would be impossible to eliminate completely

OGT Game profile

Sep 2nd 2010, 19:25:03

to rd, i am not blaming you, Im blaming the concept on team server.

i was one of the biggest people against team server to begin with, i liked my "second rate server" where i could gather people from a bunch of clans and play together and enjoy ourselves doing so.

gwagers Game profile

Sep 3rd 2010, 2:16:48

I don't often agree with OGT. But now I'm agreeing with OGT. That's a problem, because it means that someone that isn't OGT is having trouble making a good argument.

OGT Game profile

Sep 3rd 2010, 19:25:01

lol you love me.

gwagers Game profile

Sep 4th 2010, 4:15:18

Shh! Don't tell everyone!