Verified:

Tertius Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 16th 2010, 0:31:06

This forum and this server seem relatively quiet... Where did Veng go? Also, is everyone all-x these days? I'm a fan of not farming, but now it seems... dare I say, too quiet.

NOW3P Game profile

Oct 16th 2010, 0:32:32

It's cuz no one plays here anymore... :-P

snawdog Game profile

Oct 16th 2010, 0:44:29

yup
ICQ 364553524
msn

Mr. Lime Game profile

Oct 16th 2010, 5:52:08

where did veng go...

ViLSE Game profile

Oct 16th 2010, 9:55:30

Well DBD is still around as per normal. Our two (separate) teams are doing ok.

But as you all say it doesnt seem like there is much talking going on this round for sure.

gwagers Game profile

Oct 16th 2010, 17:52:51

I think Braden and that group had the right idea of getting a fantasy league together, since that's really the only thread still going right now. Anyone else want to try something similar (that I would understand how to play)?
Peloponnese (PEHL-oh-puh-NEES): a mythical land of cheesecake

"We cannot enter into alliance with neighboring princes until we are acquainted with their designs..."--Sun Tzu

Who has time for that? BLAST THEM ALL!

Marshal Game profile

Oct 16th 2010, 20:12:04

even spirit-thread is dead.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

gwagers Game profile

Oct 18th 2010, 10:35:15

Then go fix that.

"We cannot enter into alliance with neighboring princes until we are acquainted with their designs..."--Sun Tzu

Marshal Game profile

Oct 18th 2010, 17:29:44

not much to post there.

Ruthie

Oct 19th 2010, 16:57:00

Funny how the only thread with activity is the one that points out how inactive this board is, lol
~Ruthless~
Ragnaroks EEVIL Lady

Marshal Game profile

Oct 19th 2010, 18:05:37

this has become like LST was at Swirve's/Jolt's boards.

Tertius Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 19th 2010, 19:19:55

Well... on the alliance forums there has been talk about netting vs warring etc etc, and since team server is a bit smaller, would any of the teams be interested in doing a tournament of sorts? Probably lasting a few sets. We could do a round robbin of team vs team, where the two teams involved decide if they would like to war it out, netgain, or a combination of wargaining with acres farmed accounting for some portion of a "win".

If we have several teams involved, then it would be a large enough chunk to help police from too much outside interference and would at least give some higher purpose to the server. In some sense, it would be a league of champions, and with 5 vs 5 it would be on equal footing. It's long term, but if two teams decided to net vs each other then it wouldn't really be too different anyhow. Of course if two teams wished to war each other, it would give an actual reason for war and they could agree on whether to have a set time or even have an outside alliance randomly pick a date, and then give the teams notice only 24 or 36 hours prior, etc etc.

Really it's totally open ended, but considering the server is smaller, and we already have equal sized teams, it could be really fun to see who the "best overall" team truly is. Any takers? Any other ideas to make it better or more enjoyable? We could have a three set round robin if we have 4 or 8 or 12 teams, then a champions league set where the winners of each "group" face off.

In fact, we could even have a 1v1v1v1 etc just to see how teams take advantage of each other when they know another team might be lurking to hit them after DR wears off, etc.

So if nothing else, that should give us a lot to talk about!

Tertius Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 19th 2010, 19:23:47

Ah, and another separate idea related to a draft. Have a pool of players who are interested in going into a draft, have "top" players be on different teams and then draft their new teammates one by one. We could have a thread with people posting a small blurb such as "typical C/I, plays aggressive blah blah blah" and then each team can be picked such that they are well-rounded. Might help everyone meet a few new players and bring a little new life to the game.

Everything open for criticism. Have at it.

Marshal Game profile

Oct 19th 2010, 19:34:47

random game where each player is randomly put on some tag.

gwagers Game profile

Oct 20th 2010, 10:04:14

Random tags have been discussed. My recollection was that they were rejected, but I could be wrong.

If you mean attempting to do it without official rule changes enforcing it, you're welcome to, but I don't know if you'll have many takers; I don't know how many people would leave their clans for the sake of trying something like that out. Also, it would make communication a nightmare because there wouldn't be a Boxcar (or any other hosting site) forum to discuss issues within the tag, if tags were formed and destroyed set after set.

ViLSE Game profile

Oct 20th 2010, 16:07:37

I have to say that I for one would not be interested in random team allocation.

I play here because of the people I like to play WITH. If I get bunched up with people I dont like I simply will not play.

Tertius Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 20th 2010, 16:17:02

The random teams was more of a second thought after seeing that draft thread again. It doesn't seem popular at all, so let's just drop it.

But what about a tournament of sorts? any interest there? It would still be with the same group of players you have currently, just given a more specific goal for the set.

Marshal Game profile

Oct 20th 2010, 19:29:58

each tag on its own level or 2-3 tags (1 tag from each Alliance) on 1 level?

until all reach top level.

Dragonlance Game profile

Oct 21st 2010, 0:21:51

nexst set i'll start randomly farming ppl if u want?

gwagers Game profile

Oct 21st 2010, 13:37:17

I don't think there are enough people in this server to be splitting us up into an even smaller land pool.

Marshal Game profile

Oct 21st 2010, 20:03:24

2 tags on same level so either war or net with mostly all-x, shared market between levels of course.

Tertius Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 21st 2010, 20:13:25

I wasn't thinking of a separate server or anything like that, and the reduced land pool would only be in the same way that two teams already warring would be given the respect of isolation.

In fact, if anything, I was thinking it might increase grabbing if two teams were competing against each other and had set guidelines in place. Say the two teams decide to only LG each other, with the only rule being no special attacks. Maybe they go all dict and farm away. Or maybe the two teams decide all's fair in love and war and see who wants to get the highest NW, whether that means killing off some of the other team's members or going for the straight netting win.

It is just the idea to pit a team vs team with pre-determined agreements that might loosen up the typical politics of the server (aka all-x quietness, though recently there have been a few more grabs).

Marshal Game profile

Oct 21st 2010, 20:47:25

2 tags in war and others can't touch them?

snawdog Game profile

Oct 22nd 2010, 13:34:56

Originally posted by Marshal:
2 tags in war and others can't touch them?

Yea,some of us mentioned this weeks ago.
ICQ 364553524
msn