Verified:

archaic Game profile

Jul 12th 2010, 21:57:48

Well, you had to know this was coming . . .

Look at you guys, all legit and charming and active. I bet you never figured on there being a big ol' RD post count battle on the forums huh? You even have a burgening fan club, all these legit players standing up and defending you. Anybody that brings up your colorful past becomes an outcast pariah.

Gotta love it really, nothing hooks the masses like a good old fashioned redemption story. Its just a shame there are not more players here to see the transformation . . . not that you guys could have done anything about that.

Cheating Mod Hall of Shame: Dark Morbid, Turtle Crawler, Sov

Nasjym Game profile

Jul 12th 2010, 22:30:55

So new game, new site, new admins, yet RD should still be casted as they were in swirve?

And as for the new members, I think the old management did a much better job driving anyone away than RD had. Infact I would gamble money that the percentage of players driven away completely was actually miniscule compared to the old development teams, server politics, and large alliance over farming.

Keep whining archiac, its quite entertaining.

snawdog Game profile

Jul 12th 2010, 22:57:34

If you have proven to be a cheat before, then you ARE in fact a cheat,and there is nothing that will stop you from doing it again...
ICQ 364553524
msn

archaic Game profile

Jul 12th 2010, 23:35:40

Thats it nas, keep blaming everybody else. If you guys just would have been left alone to cheat in peace, nothing bad would have happened right?

Entertaining you is my pleasure.

Hellz X Game profile

Jul 13th 2010, 0:36:10

I'm confused here...

archaic: Are you bashing RD or complimenting them?
Imaginary Numbers

NOW3P Game profile

Jul 13th 2010, 0:59:44

neither - he's trying to figure out a yoga position to give himself a bj.

Hellz X Game profile

Jul 13th 2010, 1:03:57

Twisted Praying Mantis.
Imaginary Numbers

Pain Game profile

Jul 13th 2010, 6:08:17

Originally posted by NOW3P:
neither - he's trying to figure out a yoga position to give himself a bj.

PM me for tips
Your mother is a nice woman

archaic Game profile

Jul 13th 2010, 13:33:39

Maybe 20 years ago . . .

Probably a bad idea anyway, if I learned that I might never leave the house again.

Actually Nowy is right, it is neither. I hate what RD did, they did ruin the game for a lot of people and they did run a lot of people off. On the same point, a lot of them a pretty decent guys (were there any girls?). I sat up and talked on the phone with LC on night for 2 hours. Feldspar was always an easy guy to deal with, and they did make politics interesting.

I honestly don't know what I am doing. Sometimes I want to let bygones be bygones, and sometimes I think about CF and Crawler and silverback who quit due to RD shenanigins and I get pissed again. Looking back, most of the fluff that really pissed me off was due to the jrs bad manners . . . and of course when Ronnie hacked UCN, thats a tough one to forgive.

ViLSE Game profile

Jul 13th 2010, 15:43:00

Indeed I also had many many friends that were playing the game that left it completely due to the RD botwars.

Most of them probably wouldnt be playing today anyway but I am sure some of them would have been playing for years more back then had the cheating not gone completely out of control.

Its nice to see that multies and bots at least do not exist anymore. If people play within the rules of the game then I have no problem with it.

de1i Game profile

Jul 13th 2010, 15:47:19

Ok, lets blame the entire botwars era on RD lol.....

Xintros Game profile

Jul 13th 2010, 16:50:11

Whomever ran the bots in the day reset after reset when I was killed, I would think of them like a natural disaster.. one giant earthquake that outright destroyed my country. As a DL then it made my job easier determining which recruits had what it took to succeed.
"If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a killrrun" - Xintros
https://www.soundclick.com/...efault.cfm?bandID=1381300

shooter Game profile

Jul 13th 2010, 17:01:54

LaF drove more players out of the game then rd, bots and mehul together
Only the dead have seen the end of war!

archaic Game profile

Jul 13th 2010, 17:10:13

Perhaps X, but it also took an inordinately high toll on really good players and leaders - its not a lot of fun trying to excel at something when you know you can never outdo a cheater. You bust your ass recruiting and training to get a big solid alliance, then 10-15 guys running multies and bots totally annihliate you.

No deli, there were others that ran bots, but please don't keep perpetuating this idiotic myth that RD were somehow second rate participants. You insult our intelligence and RDs ability. Besides, it was not just about the 'bot wars', RD continued strong-arming the server with multies long after the rest of the alliances gave up.

Why is it so damned hard for you guys to just aknowledge that you had a roll in the decline of the game?

Ruthie

Jul 13th 2010, 17:37:54

I had a lot of dealings with RD throughout the years, both good and bad, and developed friendships with quite a few of them. And yes, there are/were girls in RD.

But realistically, if Mehul had run this game the way it should have been, there wouldnt have been bots, multies, and cheaters. In fact, Mehul encouraged multis in the early days.

So put a lot of the blame for all of that, and for the loss of players, on Mehul's shoulders.
~Ruthless~
Ragnaroks EEVIL Lady

de1i Game profile

Jul 13th 2010, 17:52:55

I was a head in IX for half a decade, an alliance that was botted reset after reset for quite some time. I'm more than familiar with the frustration it caused alliance leaders, vets, and new members. So no I won't ever claim that RD was second rate participants but they definitely weren't the only guilty party because they sure as fluff weren't the ones botting us.

Xintros was also a long time leader and veteran of IX who was right there with me. He admittedly probably received a lot more frustration out of it than I did as he was a division leader, involved with internal affairs and training the noobs.

Ronnie Game profile

Jul 13th 2010, 18:37:03

RD never ran any multies. We just had lots of friends.

And me hacking UCN? Nopes.. just had a friend give me admin access there. And well, as an admin I did the only thing I thought was good for UCN.... I deleted a bunch. Saved them more humiliation, after all it was always mediocricy defined. They should be thankful ;)

Ivan Game profile

Jul 13th 2010, 18:55:07

LOL@Ronnie

yeah RD was cheater free

Ronnie Game profile

Jul 13th 2010, 19:25:09

Well, we might have had some cheaters, like every other alliance had. But I've never seen real proof.

Only time I ever saw someone getting busted, was UCN. Apparently you forgot the time Mehul himself posted on the forum about how Fingolfin and PIBM logged into all UCN countries to aid themselves up, and that Fingolfin had several coworkers playing from his ip, all with interesting names like adsdagf

:)

I just helped Mehul trying to save the game. :)

snawdog Game profile

Jul 13th 2010, 19:40:26

Yea, brag about it you cheat.
ICQ 364553524
msn

Ronnie Game profile

Jul 13th 2010, 20:50:12

I cheat? Only on my girlfriends.

Hellz X Game profile

Jul 13th 2010, 23:18:41

Your right hand doesn't count as cheating...
Imaginary Numbers

rpottage Game profile

Jul 13th 2010, 23:34:55

Originally posted by Hellz X:
Your right hand doesn't count as cheating...
Then his left hand shouldn't count as a girlfriend.

Mr Lemon Chiffon Game profile

Jul 14th 2010, 0:52:36

Originally posted by snawdog:
If you have proven to be a cheat before, then you ARE in fact a cheat,and there is nothing that will stop you from doing it again...

Bring on the proof. There is none.
Other than that, it's just false accusations from people like you who messed with RD and didn't like being killed as a result.

There are 2 groups of people out there..

those who accuse because it's the popular thing to do and you like to feel like you fit in because you have no life....

or

the ones who cry cheat because they can't perform the way we do and cannot eccept the fact that most players are better than them.

Which group are you in? My thinking is you are both.

New Kids show - Thomas the Pank Engine.
Your kids can follow Thomas around the trailer park seeking meth heads.

Mr Lemon Chiffon Game profile

Jul 14th 2010, 0:53:09

Originally posted by Ronnie:
I cheat? Only on my girlfriends.

And the guys just love you.
New Kids show - Thomas the Pank Engine.
Your kids can follow Thomas around the trailer park seeking meth heads.

H Game profile

Jul 14th 2010, 1:24:56

Theres also those of us who simply dislike your policys, and enjoy a challenge :)
Never heard of RD untill team server.

archaic Game profile

Jul 14th 2010, 3:48:16

lol @ LC

the merit just drained out of this thread, oh well, I got my milage out of it.

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Jul 14th 2010, 18:38:11

Everyone gets a new start on this server.. Even RD:P

And yes, just like everyone else around here, if they are cheating they will be turfed.

And yes, you are allowed to have more than one forum account (and although I can tell I respect certain posters desire to remain in the closet:P )

And yes, you all need more fluff
you are all special in the eyes of fluff
(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

RUN IT IS A KILLER BUNNY!!!

de1i Game profile

Jul 14th 2010, 19:15:01

LC and Ronnie are already out of the closet.

Mr Midnight

Jul 14th 2010, 21:06:06

and yes martian, your discretion is most appreciated i am sure :P

MrOffmauve

Jul 14th 2010, 21:28:26

Yes, greatly

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Jul 15th 2010, 14:48:34

I also note for the record that Tom Cruise packs fudge.
(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

Viceroy Game profile

Jul 15th 2010, 14:59:08

So did Lucy Ricardo and Ethel Mertz!
And, Monsters, do not forget to specify, when time and place shall serve, that I am an ass.

de1i Game profile

Jul 15th 2010, 15:18:21

He doesn't pack fudge he is an ACTOR! He was there on VACATION fly fishing!!! Now he's gonna sue you for calling him a fudge packer!

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Jul 15th 2010, 15:46:13

but he was working in a fudge packing plant..
(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

de1i Game profile

Jul 15th 2010, 23:03:18

Originally posted by ViLSE:
Indeed I also had many many friends that were playing the game that left it completely due to the RD botwars.

Most of them probably wouldnt be playing today anyway but I am sure some of them would have been playing for years more back then had the cheating not gone completely out of control.

Its nice to see that multies and bots at least do not exist anymore. If people play within the rules of the game then I have no problem with it.

How's True Immortal doing?

snawdog Game profile

Jul 15th 2010, 23:15:42

Yea, my only real prob is the way the developers/admins were all over the x-retal stuff early on, but now you don't see them making any posts about RD frigged up antics/kill policy.
To be honest, it kinna makes me wonder...
[edit]
Cuz i know some of RD play in Alliance with some of the Admins...
ICQ 364553524
msn

snawdog Game profile

Jul 15th 2010, 23:30:40

I mean the actions and tactics of RD are eerily similar to the actions/tactics of one of the largest clans in Alliance.
They seem to want to enforce rules and policy that ensure an enjoyable environment for their members only,and to hell with the rest of the server.
As it stands now there are 6 servers and 1/3rd of those are being bullied/ran over by folks that seem to be related across a couple servers..

Just from my viewpoint.
ICQ 364553524
msn

Hellz X Game profile

Jul 16th 2010, 3:04:00

I would like to buy a Dodge Viper.
Imaginary Numbers

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jul 16th 2010, 3:17:01

Snawdog,

I fought against cross retalling and other nonsense as a player. We made some progress, but every single set new "alliances" appeared which pushed new stupid policies. That's when I stopped playing on the team server. The "hit us and you die" policy seems to be a continuation of that.

Hellz X Game profile

Jul 16th 2010, 3:18:00

...and the server is much better with you gone...
Imaginary Numbers

archaic Game profile

Jul 16th 2010, 13:41:46

wow, I have not trolled this thread in days and suddenly slaggy shows up

creepy, its like he has an extra-demensional flame sensor that lets him know when its safe to come out

Ronnie Game profile

Jul 16th 2010, 14:28:15

snawdog: I always said that RD favors a pure team fight. However, when we came on here many condoned cross-killing. In my eyes, it's still the same as cross-retalling. Both break the team borders.
All those get our 1:kill policy. All others who strictly play within team rules could not get touched.

snawdog Game profile

Jul 16th 2010, 14:47:41

Well, i am not gunna argue it with you all,obviously there is nothing that i can do about it.
I choose not to play that way..
ICQ 364553524
msn

H Game profile

Jul 16th 2010, 14:54:48

yes ronnie, everyones heard you.

Took a tiny little mole hill and turned it into a mountain....

de1i Game profile

Jul 16th 2010, 15:11:02

Originally posted by H:
yes ronnie, everyones heard you.

Took a tiny little mole hill and turned it into a mountain....

Only for the idiots that think its a good idea to go over said mountain rather than around it.

H Game profile

Jul 16th 2010, 16:56:37

gives me a chance to practice my yodeling :)

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Jul 16th 2010, 19:48:43

snawdog.

I have posted many times on multiple forums that as long as you don't break the game rules then it's really up to the community to judge what to do about it within the game (if anything).

Implementing a kill:1 retal policy isn't breaking any rules.
Cross retalling isn't breaking any rules but it kind of went against what some people had in mind for the server. However no one was deleted for cross retalling here.

If certain policies or actions within the rules of the game highlight any deficiencies in the way the game works (not a bug exploit per se) then there potentially could be a discussion/actions take in future sets to alter the game mechanics to address the issue.

Most of the admins are busy with actual game development right now which is why they are somewhat silent here:P

I'm somewhat involved in that part too on and off. :P

(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jul 16th 2010, 20:09:10

archaic needs a soft, fluffy bunny to hug

archaic Game profile