Verified:

Makabelly Game profile

Nov 3rd 2022, 17:41:11

i used to play this in like 1999 and love it but i always sucked.

NitelL Game profile

Nov 3rd 2022, 17:59:09

I think joining one of the clans (alliance/team) is a good way, but if you wanna stick to solo servers, there are plenty of helpful folks here in the forums. (: Fire away with your questions!

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 3rd 2022, 18:00:15

Express server, resets every week and post on boards to get advice, you can also join an alliance in alliance server, welcome back!
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

Cathankins Game profile

Nov 3rd 2022, 18:29:21

If you see a guy named superfly just LG him two times and he will help you it’s like saying beetle juice name 3 times he is a super friendly guy and you will be thankful you took my advice

Tertius Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 3rd 2022, 20:53:24

Originally posted by Cathankins:
If you see a guy named superfly just LG him two times and he will help you it’s like saying beetle juice name 3 times he is a super friendly guy and you will be thankful you took my advice

lawl

AndrewMose Game profile

Nov 3rd 2022, 21:34:41

Welcome back! I hope you enjoy yourself. I recently came back after about 10 years way. Here are some thoughts.

1) Pick a strategy (farmer, casher, industrialist, techer, farmer/oiler) and master it, before moving to the next. Don't be a rainbow.
2) Play express and work on a different part of the game each time. Start, Growth, Stock, Destock. If you can't finish the set no worries, just try to improve in the area you focused on. Ask questions whenever they pop into your head.
3) Pick a clan server to understand. They all have nuances and you will enjoy them more after you learn the nuances. Your clan can help you, and these servers tend to provide a more protected environment.
4) Play primary, but don't be offended or discouraged if you don't do well. Primary can be very enjoyable, but the server dynamics leads to ruthless play and the best countries try to take advantage of any country that isn't one of the best. The wild nature can reward or punish aggressive play, and the line is very faint. I find that very enjoyable and believe that those who can finish top 5 set in and set out are the best in the game. My first set of primary I got crushed, my 2nd I fared well but made a lot of mistakes. I'm hoping to finish my 3rd set in the next week without a catastrophic mistake. When the next set starts, you should try it...just don't hold yourself to a high standard on your first set back.

Good luck

Makabelly Game profile

Nov 7th 2022, 13:38:33

from what i've seen, the wiki, and someone told me they do a lot of trial and error over different games to see which worked.

SuperFly Game profile

Nov 7th 2022, 18:00:46

Go join Evo or LaF in allaince Server. They will train you to be a good netgainer but the trade off is that you also become a puss and you will cry if anyone land grabs you

:P

Tmac Game profile

Nov 7th 2022, 19:39:34

Whoa whoa, fake news. SF threw a tantrum after I farmed him in primary and I didn't cry one bit about the 80 grabs he did on me in team, lol.

Tertius Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 7th 2022, 19:45:10

I cry, but it's only because like the sea turtles, I have too much salt in my diet, and it's the only way I can get it out of my system.

Cathankins Game profile

Nov 7th 2022, 22:39:26

^_^

Cathankins Game profile

Nov 7th 2022, 22:48:23

Here OP try this. It works well enough you will enjoy it and learn the basics.

1. 100cs
2. ~1000 farms(or a total of 1000 farms/ICs) and 60 more CS, while taking care to allow pop to catch up with your acres by building CS
3.explore and build labs until you are 1900 acres and fully built
4. batch explore 60 turns(it will cut you off after about 35-45 turns depending on govt)
5. build up your empty acres with Labs
6. destroy your farms/indies and replace them with labs
7. tech 200 turns of your main tech (ag or bus/res)
8. switch to casher or farmer

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Nov 7th 2022, 23:09:32

^^This is really a good tech start guide. Short and efficient guide to describe a short and efficient tech start.

Some people tech a lot more than 200 turns. While that can be worthwhile in some scenarios, such as with extreme scarcity on the tech market in the midgame on some rounds, generally a 3800 acre tech start should tech about 200 turns.

Theres been a lot of work that went into maximising the effectiveness of tech starts back in the day and the optimal tech start with lower explores back in 2000 or so was about 1000 acres and 100ish turns teching. But that was with 25 acre explores and very worthwhile grabbing already after 1000 acres. :)

Edited By: Gerdler on Nov 7th 2022, 23:26:08

SuperFly Game profile

Nov 8th 2022, 0:58:03

Originally posted by Tmac:
Whoa whoa, fake news. SF threw a tantrum after I farmed him in primary and I didn't cry one bit about the 80 grabs he did on me in team, lol.

Correction my good sir. I retaliated on another server as you full well knowingly decided to disrespect me by slapping me in the face…

Once you realized it was me you went HAM on my country despite me showing you mercy and not nuking you.

So Makabelly, here is a free lesson. Respect around here you don’t have to earn. You can just take it by force so people know not to purposely mess with you…

Give’m a show of strength and you will be ok

Ps if any one has an issue with cross server blow me. This is a war game and there is no written rule that I can’t punch you back elsewhere….

Tmac Game profile

Nov 8th 2022, 1:52:52

That doesn't sound like something a puss would do 🤪

SuperFly Game profile

Nov 8th 2022, 6:09:44

Originally posted by Tmac:
That doesn't sound like something a puss would do 🤪

Yea you aren’t a puss. I am just saying that in general all them netters get soft and they cry over one LG lol

Cathankins Game profile

Nov 8th 2022, 10:50:01

To be fair I saw you were coming up fast as well and were a threat so I thought his move was perfectly timed as opposed to struck because you revealed your identity online.

I saw the opportunity as well after you hit that other guy it left you vulnerable to that knock down move, and tmac like a shark of course picked up on his chance to remove the threat via gdi protection.

Just from an observer watching. I haven’t talked to T about that for the record and talk to him a bit and I’ve never heard him talk trash about people. I have a big mouth, but T? Never heard it and that’s the honest truth.

Honestly I thought that move was one of the most impressive things I’ve seen because I was sure you were going to wreck his country everyone saw it was a dangerous country that’s why I didn’t double tap as well

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Nov 8th 2022, 20:32:13

I cry every time I look at the moon.

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

SuperFly Game profile

Nov 9th 2022, 0:39:53

Originally posted by galleri:
I cry every time I look at the moon.

Because Of it’s beauty? Or because the moon makes you remember how doge and shiba never made it
To the moon?

Makabelly Game profile

Nov 9th 2022, 22:48:09

This is very practical. Thanks to everyone.
I like having a blue print of something to try and tweak eventually. Thank you.

1. 100cs
2. ~1000 farms(or a total of 1000 farms/ICs) and 60 more CS, while taking care to allow pop to catch up with your acres by building CS
4. batch explore 60 turns(it will cut you off after about 35-45 turns depending on govt)

Makabelly Game profile

Nov 9th 2022, 22:50:35

I re-read and have a question. When you destroy all your farms wouldn't that cut out all your income from getting food to sell?
Thanks again.

1. 100cs

Cathankins Game profile

Nov 9th 2022, 22:58:39

Originally posted by Makabelly:
I re-read and have a question. When you destroy all your farms wouldn't that cut out all your income from getting food to sell?
Thanks again.

1. 100cs

Yes but when you are a casher you produce massive amounts of $$$ each turn so you buy your bushels off the public market.

You can produce your bushels with farms but your building production is based on what percentage of your buildings are casher buildings so by building all one type you will make more money.

Cashers build bus/res zones. Farmers farm. Indies build all industrial zones and produce military and then sell military on public market. Farmers usually sell between turns on private market.

Strays are typically rep casher, fascist farmer, commie Indy and theo/demo techer or some variation.

Cathankins Game profile

Nov 9th 2022, 22:59:29

Welcome and enjoy friend if you have any more questions feel free to ask

Ratski Game profile

Nov 16th 2022, 21:26:26

If you play in Free For all, you can play 16 country's where you can refine your strategies, tactics, for each government. Just don't hit clans members.
By the way I forgot to put my country in Tournament on vacation, and got farmed over the weekend, so I self deleted, can't recover from that.