Verified:

AndrewMose Game profile

Jul 24th 2011, 12:44:56

I was having an excellent set. All explore casher and had started stocking 200 turns ago. I was grabbed and decided to buy some jets and retal. The attacker responded by bombing my banks. Then a day later, after I chose to forgive his spies, he throws 3 EMs so he can grab. Then he throws all his nukes and chems. Then he spends the remainder of his turns ABing my land to the ground.

Now I still have 1B+ cash after buying up to 9M turrets to protect my remaining 11kA. I can still finish top 5 probably. In any other server I wouldn't hesitate to swith to T or I and destroy him, but this is tourney and not meant for wars.

synoder Game profile

Jul 24th 2011, 12:49:28

I would make sure he logged in with no buildings the next day.

smegma Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 24th 2011, 14:00:51

+1

Klopek Game profile

Jul 24th 2011, 15:01:10

+1000

It's time for war.

Tertius Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 24th 2011, 20:30:00

It's a tough choice. Typically players who do this don't really care about their ranking, so if you do, it might be better to buy up defense or jump out of his GDI range entirely. It always seems more prudent to place well and then the following set you'll be in A and they'll be in B/C.

Klopek Game profile

Jul 24th 2011, 20:49:11

Are you being attacked by any other countries? Your scenario matches a country in game B although I think he's being attacked by more than 1 country.

AndrewMose Game profile

Jul 24th 2011, 21:48:44

We were/are both in the top 5, the difference was in the stock. He has continued to AB me so I bit the bullet bought mill strat and switched to dictator. There aren't enough turns left in the set to do enough damage to this guy though, I'll do my best.

TNTroXxor Game profile

Jul 25th 2011, 11:44:27

If you spent money on turrets after he supposedly 'AB you to the ground' I think its safe to say he AB you less than 15times ? In that case.. just buy tanks and continue to stock ?
Originally posted by JJ23:
i havent been deleted since last set

AndrewMose Game profile

Jul 26th 2011, 17:10:51

he has attacked me well more than 15 times, so I am spending the rest of the set landgrabbing him. I made the mistake of wasting 100 or so turns rebuilding when the best course of action is to spend my stock and hurt his NW as much as possible.

How do we decide who wins this war? Ending Networth, Total Land? neither of us has a chance to kill the other on this server.

Rob Game profile

Jul 26th 2011, 17:21:57

The problem about making enemies like this is that even if you reach game A, the feud might continue. I see 2 options:

1) Restart next set with a new country and get into game A safely, there is no point in placing in games B r C anyways

2) Reach a truce with him

Even if you make sure he doesn't reach game A and you do, you still run the risk of seeing him there the set after (in which you might be very well competing for the win perhaps and being suicided on just because of the feud). Tourney has its disadvantages that way. I like the GDI of express and primary because of this - 1 grab keeps you safe, although you grow slower than multiple grabbing. It also prevents a situation like what you got into. They can find a war with someone else who wants to instead of destroying netting countries

AndrewMose Game profile

Jul 26th 2011, 19:29:33

Thanks for the advice Rob, I agree entirely. I am still new to this game, especially when it comes to the politics.

synoder Game profile

Jul 26th 2011, 22:12:49

Most people won't carry a fued for multiple sets and since he started it I wouldn't worry about it. A very similar scenario happened to be a few sets back and I ABed him for 3 days then started BRing until I was out of range to hit. We both ended up in game B the next set and had no problems.

Cerberus Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 3rd 2011, 0:03:33

It's always a good tome for a war. :)

I don't need anger management, people need to stop pissing me off!