Verified:

terron Game profile

Dec 27th 2021, 10:25:32

Demand and supply most of the time don't really match. Could this be a solution? Or is it technically difficult?

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Dec 28th 2021, 15:07:53

The tournament markets are afaik still joined together...

Adding a small number of bots to lower level tournament might make the market more stable. plus it will make it slightly harder to reach 2a since the bots will take up some of the promoted ranks.

Maybe it would make tournament lower level more fun, and a better game A market would make that game more fun. I dunno. What I do know is that the express server and the tournament server have about the same number of turns, and so the same bot code could be used there.
I do stress that what I'm suggesting isn't a whole heap of bots to make acreages 100k or some crap like that. I'm talking about a very minor amount of bots maybe 5-10 per lower level game. Just to make some other strats viable and for grabbing to be just slighty better than all-xp in lower level.

I think adding bots in 2a would require some more significant game code changes, I am also not sure if its even something we want.

SuperFly Game profile

Dec 29th 2021, 1:53:42

Go grab humans and quit adding bots to everything as your solution

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 29th 2021, 3:25:05

No bots, it already ruined express, there's less actual players now than pre bot era.
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

terron Game profile

Jan 4th 2022, 12:13:15

You are right Gerdler. At least that's what I found in the "details" after you mentioned this. It was just that it seemed I was the only one on the public market last reset :)

Bots might be tricky. Where are the days that 1000s of people played this game and you started tourny in game z :)

Rocky79 Game profile

Jan 4th 2022, 16:17:39

That was a different game all together and it was much more popular than this game

Earth 2025 was more of a war game with a ton of players and a ton of player vs player action, whereas Earth Empires is all explore and player vs player action is widely discouraged by both the game players and game moderators

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Jan 8th 2022, 1:04:03

Originally posted by Rocky79:
That was a different game all together and it was much more popular than this game

Earth 2025 was more of a war game with a ton of players and a ton of player vs player action, whereas Earth Empires is all explore and player vs player action is widely discouraged by both the game players and game moderators

Maybe not the game moderators. You may have meant the game admins.
If you really meant the game moderators... I have no problem warring. I am just lazy now. Earth Empires was once full of wars. But as people grew up..... things changed. Like I said on Express... you are trying to revive 2004 in 2022.
It looks like you may have came back last year and missed out on the last 10 years of EE. And this is the norm of people that try to come back after 15 years. idk...maybe it will make a come back like the original nintendo? ;)

And don't get me wrong. There are a lot of games like this now. Where they were fully loaded with players and now they just aren't.
Take Star Wars Galaxies for an example. Pre CU it was a great game. Tons of players. Then people started not playing because it was sold to a new company that made changes.
2 years ago I loaded it up on SWGEMU - now I knew that probably I wouldn't see the player base I had seen in 2005, and I was correct.
It sadden me for a bit to be honest. But that is just how it is.

Edited By: galleri on Jan 8th 2022, 6:27:42

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

terron Game profile

Jan 10th 2022, 11:02:03

Would be cool if there would be a comeback. Probably in 2025 ;)
Right now there are 15 active players in game A and there hasn't been a single attack, although the reset is over a quarter of gametime! Anyway it's nice to be able to play this game once more!

Do you guys know if there is a stable playerbase or are players mostly coming and going?

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Jan 12th 2022, 18:37:05

Most of it is a stable player base but some people come and go as well. The greatest hope for small increases in players is that players who come and go stay longer.

Also its hard to measure activity for us players. Or what is good positive activity. For instance last spring in express we had not that many more players, but we had active players and tough competition between them. Every set a new winner and with different strategies, active express board, positive attitudes etc. When the winds turned negative again, the player base only sunk by 5-10, but it was the most active players, and the players who remained became far less active and had less fun, and their playing experience was negative, so they are less likely to stay.

terron Game profile

Jan 19th 2022, 8:05:44

That sounds like a good spring in express. I will stay at least for a while, trying different strategies. I wish you good gaming!