Verified:

henrik Game profile

Mar 22nd 2011, 9:48:33

Martian's joke is funny :)

trumper Game profile

Mar 22nd 2011, 13:40:19

Originally posted by martian:
(and yes I copy pasted it:P)

A CEO, a Tea Partier, and a union guy sit down at a table, where there is a plate with a dozen cookies.

The CEO sweeps eleven of the cookies off the plate for himself. He turns to the Tea Partier and says: "You better watch that union guy--he'll try to get a piece of your cookie."

let the flaming/trolling begin!
*runs off thread*

Then the union executives retreated to their private golf course in New Jersey to enjoy the fruits of their labor as their auto executive companies nearly failed.

Oh wait, that doesn't work with your joke now does it?

iHobo Game profile

Mar 22nd 2011, 17:43:28

Am I the only one that didn't give a fluff about politics and liked the joke?

Also, no form of goverment works IRL.
Just a waste of time, I suggest a Fallout 3 world!

CKHustler

Mar 23rd 2011, 0:44:17

Originally posted by Deerhunter:
Originally posted by qzjul:
They should increase corporate taxes, and raise tariffs! fluff globalization!

also the maximum tax bracket should go up to 80% on every $ over $1M per year; and anybody making over $250k should have to have pay at least 25% of their income in taxes, even after deductions and transfers and BS

and high-speed trading should be illegal... and having a government deficit should also be illegal...

I nearly completely agree. I know others want no taxes on corporate income but that is BS. All it would do is help make the rich even richer. Another thing needed is to stop all short selling and betting in the stock markets. It does no good.

We can argue about lots of stuff, but raising tariffs will almost certainly cause a depression. Check out the Hawley-Smoot tariff in 1930 that Hoover put into place. It basically caused the unemployment the great depression had in America.

INVINCIBLE IRONMAN Game profile

Mar 23rd 2011, 22:57:47

Originally posted by trumper:
Originally posted by martian:
(and yes I copy pasted it:P)

A CEO, a Tea Partier, and a union guy sit down at a table, where there is a plate with a dozen cookies.

The CEO sweeps eleven of the cookies off the plate for himself. He turns to the Tea Partier and says: "You better watch that union guy--he'll try to get a piece of your cookie."

let the flaming/trolling begin!

*runs off thread*

Then the union executives retreated to their private golf course in New Jersey to enjoy the fruits of their labor as their auto executive companies nearly failed.

Oh wait, that doesn't work with your joke now does it?

Trump when do you back any union??

Evolution Game profile

Mar 23rd 2011, 22:59:19

Originally posted by iHobo:
Am I the only one that didn't give a fluff about politics and liked the joke?

Also, no form of goverment works IRL.
Just a waste of time, I suggest a Fallout 3 world!

That would be freakie deaky, living in those shelters would mess everyone up.
Not posting on AT as much because Maki/Steeps gave back some of my forums on GHQ. RIP my decade long blog, my blog even had replies from people who are no longer with us :(.

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Mar 23rd 2011, 23:48:14

Originally posted by CKHustler:
We can argue about lots of stuff, but raising tariffs will almost certainly cause a depression. Check out the Hawley-Smoot tariff in 1930 that Hoover put into place. It basically caused the unemployment the great depression had in America.

If your industry keeps getting sent offshore because it's "cheaper", then tariffs would make keeping those industries locally would be beneficial, which should prevent any such "recession"; if you're primarily exporting, then the inevitable reciprocating tariffs will lead to a possible recession; i think the states is consuming more than it is exporting these days though, unlike the '30's
Finally did the signature thing.