Verified:

Mr Fist

Developer

Aug 8th 2014, 2:32:40

ive been trying to get my friends to play this game but everyone wants to see some graphical representation of the country. They all think this game sucks cause it has none.

My idea is we keep the text based option and introduce a new client that has graphical components. Keep the same game mechanics and build off the mobile user base.

would anyone be interested in doing this?

I honestly dont see how it could hurt in trying.

Symac

Aug 8th 2014, 2:40:02

Can't build a client with out backend access or at least an API.

For all this talk on marketing, you can polish a turd but at the end of the day it's still a turd.

Bambam24 Game profile

Aug 8th 2014, 2:44:16

you could make a graphic version and a text version. have them be one in the same but you can choose which version you want to see. when someone attacks if they really want to watch the same graphics every time let them.

VicRattlehead Game profile

Aug 11th 2014, 20:25:50

If I remember correctly, Pang is vigorously opposed to this (not new or original at all) idea:

If the #1 bar to entry is learning curve, why not offer 99-turn "canned" starts? Or even 100 turn ones with the 100th turns being a sale (or 101st turn or whatever)?

It could be really simple as far as the choices - you want a mon farm start or c/i? You can even give them the option to "continue auto-start" or "switch to manual control" every time they log in still under protection. I am confident many long time players would take advantage of this too - the first 100 turns are a PITA when you've already done them over 1000x.

Marshal Game profile

Aug 11th 2014, 21:36:01

we have auto-startups in ffa, dunno how good those are since i don't use those and if accidentally uses auto-startup on restart then loses all restart-bonuses.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

Bambam24 Game profile

Aug 12th 2014, 10:12:23

why not make it so u can login with ur facebook or twitter account? also why not a simple mobile friendly ap? thes small things can break us into the new mobile market.