Verified:

Banks Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 28th 2018, 16:31:33

Originally posted by ZEN:
Originally posted by Banks:
Originally posted by DerrickICN:
Wow cerby. You started playing a few years before the game was launched. Impressive! Lol

He ain't wrong. But we forgive you Tommy. You are old as crap.

Though, to give him the benefit of the doubt....he could of played on the BBS servers. Those went on for a few years before solaria was launched. Goooey Kablooie?

I know I started playing before it was called Earth2015 and yea, I think it was called BBS.. Regardless, Earth2025, playing with a 3 month old on my lap back in 1995-1996 I met Cerb.. So yea, he has been around for a while. I just thought he was my age, not older. TIE, Cerb, Patience.. good ol' days.

The original game was called BRE. Barren Realms Elite! I know Mehul got the idea off another game, but I dont remember what it was called. Solar Realms or Solar Planet. I never played it, just BRE. It was quite different from Earth in that there was no individual players/countries. Everyone was part of a team of 20 or 25. It was all done on the BBS servers, which is similar to DOS in how it looks.

I know I dated myself when no one was like "OMG Gooey Kablooie!". Like some of these people who started Earth at like 10, I started BRE at like 12. Which was in 93'. Then played one or two of the Beta tests in Earth2025 and then finally the first official game started in Sept of 96'.

I have said this similar speech probably two dozen times. So feel free to look at my archives. The one thing consistent is the mention of Gooey Kablooie and Sept of 96 was the first official game start. It was a single server game and at the time there was just over 250 players.

So feel free to use the info above to prove other people are wrong and or lying about their start dates. I probably should start a Wiki at some point as my memory fades and my peepee stops being hard 24/7.

Gooey Kablooie... I immediately thought of Calvin and Hobbes (my favorite) when you mentioned it.. if that was what you were referring to....

ZEN Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 28th 2018, 18:04:22

Wow cerby. You started playing a few years before the game was launched. Impressive! Lol

He ain't wrong. But we forgive you Tommy. You are old as crap.

Though, to give him the benefit of the doubt....he could of played on the BBS servers. Those went on for a few years before solaria was launched. Goooey Kablooie?

I know I started playing before it was called Earth2015 and yea, I think it was called BBS.. Regardless, Earth2025, playing with a 3 month old on my lap back in 1995-1996 I met Cerb.. So yea, he has been around for a while. I just thought he was my age, not older. TIE, Cerb, Patience.. good ol' days.

The original game was called BRE. Barren Realms Elite! I know Mehul got the idea off another game, but I dont remember what it was called. Solar Realms or Solar Planet. I never played it, just BRE. It was quite different from Earth in that there was no individual players/countries. Everyone was part of a team of 20 or 25. It was all done on the BBS servers, which is similar to DOS in how it looks.

I know I dated myself when no one was like "OMG Gooey Kablooie!". Like some of these people who started Earth at like 10, I started BRE at like 12. Which was in 93'. Then played one or two of the Beta tests in Earth2025 and then finally the first official game started in Sept of 96'.

I have said this similar speech probably two dozen times. So feel free to look at my archives. The one thing consistent is the mention of Gooey Kablooie and Sept of 96 was the first official game start. It was a single server game and at the time there was just over 250 players.

So feel free to use the info above to prove other people are wrong and or lying about their start dates. I probably should start a Wiki at some point as my memory fades and my peepee stops being hard 24/7.

Gooey Kablooie... I immediately thought of Calvin and Hobbes (my favorite) when you mentioned it.. if that was what you were referring to....

ha ha I know. That is where it came from, but it was actually a nuclear bomb type thing in BRE. Except it was the most powerful item in the game and it was pretty much the sole purpose of playing. Working with your team to build it and send it off to your enemies (and in some cases, your friends as a brutally and hilarious joke).

Imagine it would be launched at LaF for instance. And LaF has to send units to attack it and destroy it and that cost military. Which was extremely difficult (Today's standards would be like 2B Jets and 500M Tanks to kill it). If not, it would destroy 50% of the land that the entire tag has (it wasn't quite the same, but I am trying to provide a reference point).

Cerberus Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 1st 2018, 17:48:50

I started when it was BRE, and played on the BBS system.
I don't need anger management, people need to stop pissing me off!

Havoc Game profile

Oct 1st 2018, 19:35:04

Originally posted by mazooka:
Havoc was around 12 when we made him a fa! He always was getting in trouble for being online.

Haha it's true, parents didn't love those late night warchats. Looking back, giving away my family home telephone number for stonewalling when I was under 18 to clan members was also probably a bit questionable.
Havoc
Unholy Monks | The Omega

CX LaE Game profile

Oct 1st 2018, 23:24:58

Started playing in 1999 @ 14. 33 now.
LaE | Monks | NA
Since 1999

ZEN Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 3rd 2018, 1:50:44

Havoc.....didn't we end up calling you and talking to your mom? Like multiple times?

iScode Game profile

Oct 3rd 2018, 4:47:21

14/f/New York.
iScode
God of War

DEATH TO SOV!

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Oct 3rd 2018, 4:49:37

Havoc.....didn't we end up calling you and talking to your mom? Like multiple times?

Oh gawd, I can only imagine what you and Shammy would of said to her

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

brujodale Game profile

Oct 4th 2018, 0:47:12

havoc u still in game?