Verified:

mrford Game profile

Apr 27th 2011, 16:21:08

yeah, NA cheated back in e2025. no fluff.

but you are insinuating that there were mass NA deletions on EE. i do not remember that, so please enlighten me.

are all LaFers the same? if you cant think of anything you just call your opponent retarded?
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

NukEvil Game profile

Apr 27th 2011, 16:24:55

trolololol
I am a troll. Everything I say must be assumed to be said solely to provoke an exaggerated reaction to the current topic. I fully intend to bring absolutely no substance to any discussion, ongoing or otherwise. Conversing with me is pointless.

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Apr 27th 2011, 16:28:37

I think it's generally more productive to improve your own alliance instead of whining about how other the alliances are better than yours.

aponic Game profile

Apr 27th 2011, 16:47:04

Really all any alliance would need to do to appease SOF is to offer up the identity of the suicider(s) so we could address the problem in a non-childish way. Banning that person from your alliance would certainly go a long way to ending bad blood.
SOF
Cerevisi

NukEvil Game profile

Apr 27th 2011, 17:09:09

Ok, and until someone finds out who the suicider is and/or what alliance he/she is a member of/is condoning the suiciding, I guess all you can do is work on getting more defense for your countries so that suiciding on your alliance isn't so easy?

Seriously, it's quite easy to prevent most suiciders, especially 6-day-old countries, from being able to successfully hit your countries. Of course, there's the chance of a suicider getting resources from another alliance (i.e., farming another alliance's low-def countries with stock/cash on hand) before hitting yours, but for the most part, all you need to do is set minimum defense parameters for your membership, and if they don't acquire the minimum defense, use your alliance's internal policies to sort that out. Easy-peasy.
I am a troll. Everything I say must be assumed to be said solely to provoke an exaggerated reaction to the current topic. I fully intend to bring absolutely no substance to any discussion, ongoing or otherwise. Conversing with me is pointless.

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Apr 27th 2011, 17:13:14

Sounds like a reactive policy for dealing with suiciders, aponic. Reactive policies are not effective. You should be implementing proactive policies, like buying military and getting rid of policies that encourage suiciders to hit your alliance.

anoniem Game profile

Apr 27th 2011, 17:16:36

the only retard here is solidsnake (surprise surprise). why don't you go back to the hole you came from? as all you ever do is talk about evo, if you have such a penchant for us why don't you send in an application, so i can personally reject it?

if somebody brings up laf then you bring up evo and our supposed suiciders, because it is extremely logical to suicide an alliance with 30-40 more members than you (that have the same goals as you.. NOT). idiot.
re(ally)tired

mrford Game profile

Apr 27th 2011, 17:16:48

how are those proactive policies working for LaF and EVO?
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Apr 27th 2011, 17:22:47

I can't really speak about LaF's policies. I don't know them.

EVO has been doing okay. I recall seeing an IRC snippet of someone in this thread whining that he couldn't suicide on EVO because EVO countries had too many turrets. He ended up hitting other alliances instead.

NukEvil Game profile

Apr 27th 2011, 17:24:39

They keep most untagged countries from being able to hit us successfully. You should check our defending news. Other than the missile hits and the hits on our smaller countries, most incoming hits from untagged countries have been defended. Not to mention the news you don't see, i.e. spyop attempts from other untagged countries that never resulted in military retaliation attempts.

H4xOr WaNgEr Game profile

Forum Moderator

Apr 27th 2011, 17:32:38

ROFL this is too funny.

This stuff has been going on for years, why are you trying to act like it is a new grievence? Hell this was a big policy issue back about 5 years ago, but the "you can't enforce anti-2 stepping policies on alliances" side won (and ironically enough, LaF was on the side that was AGAINST 2-stepping, as traditionally we were the ones getting suicided the most, thus losing the most to 2-stepping).

It was the alliances that were amoungst the first to have newsbots (Rival, Omega, *ahem* SOF) that were adamently against applying anti 2-stepping policies, as they were the ones gaining the most from 2-stepping at that time.

mazooka Game profile

Apr 27th 2011, 18:32:17

Several years ago I restarted as an untagged(was safer than being in the tag atm). @2k acres I was farmed by a laf country named xspartanx...well, I knew who ran that countr. So I get on irc to talk to psycho/dh/spartan about his multi farming me. I retalled1 time and was told if I didnt retall any more I wouldnt be hit anymore. Sounded good to me. Laf proceeded to kill my country that night.

I restarted once again and with a new 2k acre dict played maybe 2 weeks before I started hitting. A few grabs on grossly undefended icn countries and then after a half hour of grabs on laf...almost 100k acres and billions and billions in stock. Sof was the one who killed me,14m troops with max weapons plus dict bonus. Cost a fortune to kill me, ended up they got me by buying out the public market for half a day.

THANKS FOR YOUR YEARS OF LOYAL SERVICE SOF. Now its every tag for themselves.

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Apr 27th 2011, 18:37:55

what H4 said... we covered this stuff like 3-5 years ago, why is it a huge issue for SoF now?

Part of the resolution, from evo's POV anyway, was that "if you don't reclaim the land, they might drop it or self-delete"; if it was an ally that reclaimed a good chunk of the land, then we can go to them and try to cut a deal over either killing the suicider or getting some compensatory land...

But, as others have mentioned... this seems to be about ~2kA taken by a country with no stock, no aid, that's 6 days old; to me that means you were just un-defended...

That's a whole lot different than the big suiciders that hit us in the past... we had good def usually, but they'd start by hitting somebody in ICN for example (specific one i'm thinking of) with low def but stock on hand, to grab enough to get in range of the lowest evo countries, and then work their way up the ladder; that particular suicider took 190kA and BILLIONS of stock from Evo before we managed to kill him...

I wouldn't even classify these latest ones as "suiciders"; they're just pissed off low nw countries that are taking pot-shots at the alliances that were irritating them...
Finally did the signature thing.

CrazyMatt Game profile

Apr 27th 2011, 19:00:47

all im saying... KEEP fluffING WITH SOF, im sooo bored netting

and secondly

in any alliance, including sof

BUY fluffING DEFENSE then little problem untags will never be able to hit back

locket Game profile

Apr 27th 2011, 19:14:53

Ford, laf and the netters tend to avoid more suiciders then they get hit by because we are actually smart about some things. Here is a little bit of info for you as to why you aren't being successful.

Evo is 3rd in ANW, with Laf not far behind in 6th. Earlier in the reset laf was 1st or 2nd. Sof is 13th in anw, a million behind laf and evo.... geez I wonder why you guys are getting hit so much... retard. Be proactive and learn to play the game... maybe then you wouldn't have to whine.

Reckless Game profile

Apr 27th 2011, 19:23:26

This is turning into trash talk...

My question is..why attack a suicider knowing they just attacked your ally?

I understand alliances do it...but what is to gain from that? I see a lot of talk about "repairing" the game but these acts cause wars.

Which is good =)

mrford Game profile

Apr 27th 2011, 19:25:07

im the retard?

please post a statement i made in this thread where i was complaining about suiciders.

there isnt one, because i havnt. this wasnt about the suiciders, it was about the people benefiting from them.

you roll into this thread, read 1 or 2 lines, and think you know everything about it and throw some insane comment out thete that has no bearing on what is trying to be stated. and yet you run around calling me a "retard"

i assure you i have a higher education than you and am far less of a "retard" than you seem to think. its embarrassing to see you stoop so low in a vain attempt to draw attention to yourself and belittle your opponent because you really have no point. next time just thing about what you are trying to say before you vomit it all over your keyboard.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

locket Game profile

Apr 27th 2011, 19:29:09

Actually I know your education level. And you aren't ahead of me ;) It is funny to watch you try to sound mature for once though. You ARE a retard and if you didn't have such a low anw you wouldn't be whining about suiciders or two stepping or anything of its like nearly as often.... and so... you are a retard since you don't see a connection to that apparently. Good day sir.

locket Game profile

Apr 27th 2011, 19:54:39

I only speak to you like you have spoken to me. You get no respect anymore due to your past immaturity.

NukEvil Game profile

Apr 27th 2011, 19:58:36

This troll thread has just turned awesome.

[EDIT: This comment made a whole lot more sense before I deleted the preceding post which had a level of 'awesome' that I found objectionable. lol Sorry NukE! ~P ]

Edited By: Patience on Apr 27th 2011, 20:12:51
See Original Post

anoniem Game profile

Apr 27th 2011, 20:01:23

/me gets two naughty chairs out.
re(ally)tired

hanlong Game profile

Apr 27th 2011, 20:01:41

*sigh*

i love the degeneration of post quality on this thread
Don Hanlong
Don of La Famiglia

mrford Game profile

Apr 27th 2011, 20:02:26

Originally posted by locket:
I only speak to you like you have spoken to me. You get no respect anymore due to your past immaturity.

i dont really remember ever talking to you. im sorry if i hurt your feelings so bad that you have shoved that stick even FURTHER up your ass, but it wasnt a notable event for me.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

NukEvil Game profile

Apr 27th 2011, 20:08:32

*chuckles*

Patience Game profile

Apr 27th 2011, 20:10:15

OMG. That's the first post I've deleted in FOREVER (unless you count accidental duplicates). Don't make me do that again, or I'll use those naughty chairs to beat you upside the head. :p
I cannot see your signature - so if it's witty, put it in a post instead! :p

archaic: Patty, if it was you wearing it, I'd consider a fuzzy pink pig suit to be lingerie. Patty makes pork rock.

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Apr 27th 2011, 20:34:22

locket & mrford: do me a favour and knock it off guys...
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

Kingme Game profile

Apr 27th 2011, 20:42:52

Damn I missed the fun...

anoniem Game profile

Apr 27th 2011, 21:44:06

This is the most entertaining earth has been for years. locket and mrford please continue! maybe throw in a couple of "your momma" gags too :)
re(ally)tired

En4cer85

Apr 27th 2011, 22:12:49

looks like patty beat us to the good post :P

locket Game profile

Apr 27th 2011, 22:46:09

I'll just go watch hockey then pang... phaw!

ETPlayer Game profile

Apr 27th 2011, 22:48:57

Successful troll thread is successful.

hawkeyee Game profile

Apr 28th 2011, 0:03:44

So, to summarize... which countries can I farm?
Minister
The Omega
Omega Retal Policy/Contacts: http://tinyurl.com/owpvakm (Earth Wiki)
Apply: http://tinyurl.com/mydc8by (Boxcar)

hawkeyee Game profile

Apr 28th 2011, 0:45:19

Originally posted by iScode:
Originally posted by hawkeyee:
So, to summarize... which countries can I farm?

SoF tagged countries.

Like... just the evens or the odds?
Minister
The Omega
Omega Retal Policy/Contacts: http://tinyurl.com/owpvakm (Earth Wiki)
Apply: http://tinyurl.com/mydc8by (Boxcar)

ZIP Game profile

Apr 28th 2011, 0:52:41

an example of sof "respect" -

i got retaled twice for 1 hit my allie did on sof. they couldn't break my allie so the took it from me. 200% L:L too.

way to get our respect. and i guess sof can't break a 8 mil nw country - sad
fluff your 300 Spartans fool - i have 32 of the biggest fluffed mother fluffers made of titanium !!
A brigade from Blackstreetboyz (#91) has invaded your lands! Your defenses held against the invaders and forced them away! Your military lost:1 Troops

locket Game profile

Apr 28th 2011, 1:23:54

uhh are you in a clan or untagged? What clan would allow them to retal someone else? :S

aponic Game profile

Apr 28th 2011, 2:50:48

Originally posted by Slagpit:
Sounds like a reactive policy for dealing with suiciders, aponic. Reactive policies are not effective. You should be implementing proactive policies, like buying military and getting rid of policies that encourage suiciders to hit your alliance.

Sure our members should buy up, it is ridiculous, but what do you mean by policies that encourage suiciders? I am really clueless here
SOF
Cerevisi

CrazyMatt Game profile

Apr 28th 2011, 3:04:24

hey zip, that land is soo fluffing awesome i dont give a crap what you think, im sick of icn hitting sof, you dont like it bite me and war us? oh wait you cant take us 1 v 1 so why the hell would you landgrab us, i did nothing to provoke a land grab andd its my personal policy not sofs, ivan yelled at me but i dont care, GET SOME DEFENSE YOU NOOB

Pontius Pirate

EE Patron

Apr 28th 2011, 14:43:41

Originally posted by Pang:
Originally posted by Pontius Pirate:
Originally posted by SolidSnake:
When you do something that pisses someone off, but they are too scared to do anything about it, they suicide, its a sad reality that didnt used to be there because the alliances behind such actions would get stomped on for it before...

This is actually very solid analysis from SolidSnake. The "uNAP everybody" model has completely broken down alliance "inflicted" discipline, now players are starting to do it.

agreed

but when wars stopped being about legitimate in-game reasons and more about political out-maneuvering, the pact system was bound to move in that direction.

now we have a combination of alliances being completely pacted out and unable to do ANYTHING (even help allies) or they're basically a sitting duck to be hit if the wheel of misfortune lands on their alliance that round.

the natural order has broken down and I'm still waiting for it to be properly re-established. It's been a year and a half and we're still on the same path that led us here.

i think everyone can agree that this server's community is not as healthy as it should be, and realistically it hasn't been since around the time EC started.

those are criticisms across the board, and I definitely bear my share of the responsibility for that -- I was one of the advocates of ridiculous pacting and political maneuvering for years :p
but it's those sort of short-term decisions that have created long-term structural problems in the Alliance style of gaming. And that's unfortunate because the Alliance style is my favourite style, and I know a lot of other folks feel the same way :p

I think some alliances have already made the move but it only takes one or two "holdouts" to keep the game stagnant. If I look at people like Soviet (iMag FSing people for crap reasons every set), Makinso (about as manipulative as they get), the leaders of Omega+RD+Monsters (uNAP everybody regardless of how they play), I'm not that optimistic. LaF will also keep overgrabbing small clans but I'm more surprised that ICN DIDN'T kill the top LaF countries this set - negatively surprised and disappointed in ICN, they prove your point about manouvering being more important than real wars.

On the other hand I see people like Detmer and TAN in PDM and the FFA guy in Fire as very positive influences in trying to reintroduce land trading etc., but they can't change the way other people play.
Originally posted by Cerberus:

This guy is destroying the U.S. Dollars position as the preferred exchange for international trade. The Chinese Ruan is going to replace it soon, then the U.S. will not have control of the IMF

ZIP Game profile

Apr 28th 2011, 16:07:03

, I'm not that optimistic. LaF will also keep overgrabbing small clans but I'm more surprised that ICN DIDN'T kill the top LaF countries this set - negatively surprised and disappointed in ICN, they prove your point about manouvering being more important than real wars.

as was I
fluff your 300 Spartans fool - i have 32 of the biggest fluffed mother fluffers made of titanium !!
A brigade from Blackstreetboyz (#91) has invaded your lands! Your defenses held against the invaders and forced them away! Your military lost:1 Troops

ZIP Game profile

Apr 28th 2011, 16:09:47

Originally posted by CrazyMatt:
hey zip, that land is soo fluffing awesome i dont give a crap what you think, im sick of icn hitting sof, you dont like it bite me and war us? oh wait you cant take us 1 v 1 so why the hell would you landgrab us, i did nothing to provoke a land grab andd its my personal policy not sofs, ivan yelled at me but i dont care, GET SOME DEFENSE YOU NOOB

now i know who it was... thanks, you are a great example of a quality sof member - i'm glad you are not in icn anymore - you would have been booted for doing that

hanlong Game profile

Apr 28th 2011, 17:59:06

we had you guys (ICN) on DNH the whole reset because i don't believe in bullying the little guys, contrary to popular beliefs.

then you guys started to grab us.

which is fine, we retaled. no big deal. life goes on.

but when you guys started bragging on AT about how cool it is to PS a LaF country a day, and then backing it up with actions. then you get your one way DNH revoked. i'm sorry, our members actually thought we were pacted because of the DNH in the embassy, and obviously your posts on AT and unprovoked grabbing on us made me tell them the truth (they were asking why we were getting grabbed, at that point i had to tell the truth)

i actually like you guys, which is why i personally set you on DNH in our embassy from the start of this reset even though you guys didn't a sign a pact with us.

i don't get how PSing LaF SOL and SoF countries everyday unprovoked will make your alliance better.

Edited By: hanlong on Apr 28th 2011, 18:03:06
See Original Post
Don Hanlong
Don of La Famiglia

enshula Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 28th 2011, 18:04:40

the icn thing is more an example of how small the pond is

its dumb if we have to say to people internally 'ok only you 4 guys are allowed to landgrab this set because there arnt enough targets, and your only allowed to hit each alliance once per day each'

sure there has to be some limit on how much hitting is acceptable and i remember laf players pact shopping in the old days moving to different tags because they thought there were too many techers in laf

i even remember some who joined tags for single sets with the intent of doing retals on the laf techers

CeyLonTEa Game profile

Apr 28th 2011, 18:08:26

5 post to MAX

inb4rage

ETPlayer Game profile

Apr 28th 2011, 18:11:11

/rage on

:@@@@@@@@@@

/rage off

CrazyMatt Game profile

Apr 28th 2011, 18:15:09

Originally posted by ZIP:
Originally posted by CrazyMatt:

now i know who it was... thanks, you are a great example of a quality sof member - i'm glad you are not in icn anymore - you would have been booted for doing that

I'm glad I'm not in icn too its way less respectable without nole dixie or any of the older players playing... they would never have allowed what the tag does now... 4 years ago icn was very respected now you're like pdm... and sof stands behind its members yes ivan but everyone else was laughing I'm sick of this game being all politics fluffing random fluff needs to come back its what keeps everyone interested and entertained

CeyLonTEa Game profile

Apr 28th 2011, 18:17:19

+1 to close of thread!

awesome

sof rules

CeyLonTEa Game profile

Apr 28th 2011, 18:17:46

SoF Rulez!

Be Afraid, be very afraid...

CeyLonTEa Game profile

Apr 28th 2011, 18:17:54

+EVIL+

Thomas Game profile

Apr 28th 2011, 18:29:31

Originally posted by iScode:
Personally #163, #21 and #160 should all be ashamed of themselves.

Why should our guy be ashamed of himself? He was doing what Evo/LaF and others have done for resets upon resets. Either you adapt and follow the same practices or get behind in land.

I'm not saying it's right. I hate the two-stepping, hell it happened to me this set. But changing the entire policies for the server in this regard is not an easy feat.

I would certainly support an initiative to put an end to the two-stepping with that being said.

H4xOr WaNgEr Game profile

Forum Moderator

Apr 28th 2011, 18:34:25

Thomas hit the nail right on the head.

It is an issue of competitive advantage, if one alliance stops doing it, they will have a harder time competing with other alliances that continue to do it.

Thus nobody will stop because nobody likes the idea of their competition benefitting from it, while they are not.