Verified:

ingle Game profile

Oct 26th 2012, 14:23:10

Originally posted by galleri:
Originally posted by tisya:
Originally posted by Trife:
canada? ew

Sorry Trifey, the US is way too expensive for international student fees. Unless maybe I marry for a green card XD

Call me maybe :P

fixed for you :)

Nasjym Game profile

Oct 26th 2012, 15:16:49

If you're looking into Humber, best bet is to get a place in Hamilton or Burlington ( 1/20th the cost) and commute in.. transit is pretty good in the area as much as we fluff, you could get from outlying areas right into campus in about an hour and 30min and price, especially for students, is decent too.

tisya Game profile

Oct 26th 2012, 17:07:12

Originally posted by Nasjym:
If you're looking into Humber, best bet is to get a place in Hamilton or Burlington ( 1/20th the cost) and commute in.. transit is pretty good in the area as much as we fluff, you could get from outlying areas right into campus in about an hour and 30min and price, especially for students, is decent too.

Oh God..an hour and a half? XD In that case, the campus it is. IF I go, I'll just have to flirt with some guy(s) there to drive me around XD
Tisya
PDM's HFA and Resident Princess <3

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Oct 26th 2012, 17:59:28

@Tisya: tbh it depends on what your price range for rent is.

imo Nasjym's suggestion is somewhat of a bad idea. tbh the area around humber college is not that expensive for rent although parts of it are somewhat less desirable (depends where). I would do some research first and not listen to the folks living in the burbs (or smaller centers) regarding rent and transportation:P
The extra commuting costs/time will kill any rent savings you may have.

Alternatively you might want to try missisauga nearby. You shouldn't need to commute for more than 30 minutes to that area.

But if you do live in the humber college area, commuting from there to anywhere by transit will be seriously sucky until they built the light rail there 10-15 years from now which doesn't help you.

You might want to look at nearby missisauga/York region. That *might* be cheaper overall.

Having said all that, this also depends on which campus you are looking at. If you are going to be at the one on the lake that changes everything. The one in NW toronto is the one I have in mind right now.

you are all special in the eyes of fluff
(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

RUN IT IS A KILLER BUNNY!!!

H4xOr WaNgEr Game profile

Forum Moderator

Oct 26th 2012, 18:27:08

sorry I didn't post last night, I was busying working all evening (so i guess you could say I never actually left work).

I disagree completely with the suggestion to live in Hamilton or Burlington and to commute in though. It will not save you money at all but will cost you a lot more time.

Once again: I will post something mroe detailed when I get home :P

Nasjym Game profile

Oct 26th 2012, 20:47:24

You guys are just hating on the horseshoe, and jealous because there's more fun down here

braden Game profile

Oct 26th 2012, 23:11:56

martian, your thirty minute commute time doesn't take into account the forty five minutes spent waiting.

(burbs and fluffing about transportation, just as you covered :P)

don't live in hamilton, i don't know what nasjyms smoking :P

General Earl Game profile

Oct 27th 2012, 2:08:05

yeah, you don't want/need to cross-commute with GO and TTC. Rent might be a little higher in the city, but you will save a lot more time/money on transportation.
General Earl
----
Every time I read AT: http://i.imgur.com/jeryjn8.gif
︻╦╤─✮ ┄ ┄ RatttaTaatataatat!

SAM_DANGER Game profile

Oct 27th 2012, 2:19:13

TORONTO IS THE ONE THAT IS A FAIRLY SHORT DISTANCE FROM DETROIT, RIGHT?

IF SO, THEN I HAVE BEEN THERE ONCE, IN THE SUMMER OF '99. IF I REMEMBER CORRECTLY, THEY HAD A LOT OF STUFF UNDER GROUND (LIKE MALLS). THE PERFECT PLACE TO BE ON DECEMBER 21ST THIS YEAR.

TORONTO WAS ALSO VERY BLURRY, AND THE GROUND SHIFTED CONSTANTLY, CAUSING ME TO WALK CROOKEDLY. OH, AND ALSO IT IS IN CANADA, SO EVERYONE THERE TALKS FUNNY.

THAT IS ALL I REMEMBER ABOUT TORONTO.

Marshal Game profile

Oct 27th 2012, 11:08:51

quite close, only ~230 miles driving.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....