signatures are stupid.
Months since LaF netgained: 22

Jiman Game profile

May 15th 2011, 9:24:08

Sanct/Evo/Monsters

Pontius Pirate

EE Patron

May 15th 2011, 9:43:10

One side beat SoF, the other lost to SOL... SoF is seen as better than SOL (especially at 100 members). So why is this even being asked?
Originally posted by Cerberus:

This guy is destroying the U.S. Dollars position as the preferred exchange for international trade. The Chinese Ruan is going to replace it soon, then the U.S. will not have control of the IMF

Notorious Game profile

May 15th 2011, 9:50:43

Originally posted by Pontius Pirate:
One side beat SoF, the other lost to SOL... SoF is seen as better than SOL (especially at 100 members). So why is this even being asked?

because hes asking SoF vs SOL, for the 900th time
*eats a banana*
Notebook Pusher

digi Game profile

May 15th 2011, 10:01:43

any side with ICN is fighting handicapped :P

Makinso Game profile

May 15th 2011, 10:13:57

lol digi

Hello Game profile

EE Patron

May 15th 2011, 10:20:10

Well things maybe different if Lcn and Icn actually had a pre empted FS. They actually were simply FS'ed which put them at a disadvantage from the start. Sol is good but let's not forget they had a Hugh breaker advantage after the FS

anubis0079 Game profile

May 15th 2011, 12:29:54

SOL is ranked too high!!!! ;)

SoLer for Life
"All Hail The Maki!"
Have a heart.....they are really fresh.

Evolution Game profile

May 15th 2011, 12:32:23

LCN/ICN/Imag had a number advantage, and could have won the war quite frankly. I think ICN gave up at the point that they started to win, and LCN started attacking restarts :(
Not posting on AT as much because Maki/Steeps gave back some of my forums on GHQ. RIP my decade long blog, my blog even had replies from people who are no longer with us :(.

dagga Game profile

May 15th 2011, 12:36:32

Notorious, I didn't ask that question! :)
signatures are stupid.

anoniem Game profile

May 15th 2011, 13:34:00

that is an unrealistic fight.

it would more likely be collab/evo/lcn/imag vs some force
re(ally)tired

Evolution Game profile

May 15th 2011, 14:23:04

Anoniem did you mean LCN or ICN? or both

I like Collab and Evo, so thats not a very realistic force either.
Not posting on AT as much because Maki/Steeps gave back some of my forums on GHQ. RIP my decade long blog, my blog even had replies from people who are no longer with us :(.

ZIP Game profile

May 15th 2011, 14:47:10

ICN may not be a " war machine " yes, and we lost big on the FS. No one was prepped for war, and some just want to net and don't care about anything else. There are about 20 or so of us hitting and most have put out over 500 hits already. not huge numbers, but not laying down either. If ICN were to war prep from the start like sof / sol or even imag, you would see a different ICN.
fluff your 300 Spartans fool - i have 32 of the biggest fluffed mother fluffers made of titanium !!
A brigade from Blackstreetboyz (#91) has invaded your lands! Your defenses held against the invaders and forced them away! Your military lost:1 Troops

Dooman Game profile

May 15th 2011, 15:48:02

And if cows had wings, you could order express beef.

ZIP Game profile

May 15th 2011, 16:02:00

i like beef
fluff your 300 Spartans fool - i have 32 of the biggest fluffed mother fluffers made of titanium !!
A brigade from Blackstreetboyz (#91) has invaded your lands! Your defenses held against the invaders and forced them away! Your military lost:1 Troops

Thomas Game profile

May 15th 2011, 19:16:21

Basically Zip is saying ICN will be warring next set to prove themselves :P

anoniem Game profile

May 15th 2011, 20:19:33

i meant LCN
re(ally)tired

ZIP Game profile

May 15th 2011, 20:22:10

Originally posted by Thomas:
Basically Zip is saying ICN will be warring next set to prove themselves :P

this is ME talking - i love to war, but the clan not so much

and i don't hate sol, so no sucideing going on here - hugging i'm sure

Edited By: ZIP on May 15th 2011, 20:37:21
See Original Post

Flamey Game profile

May 15th 2011, 20:32:22

/troll

Reckless Game profile

May 15th 2011, 21:27:07

WAR

Marshal Game profile

May 15th 2011, 21:33:03

*wars reckless*
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

Makinso Game profile

May 15th 2011, 22:50:06

Honestly.

LCN/Imag/ICN had a chance to win this hands down. There was a point in this war where 70% of SOLs prime breakers were techers and had to convert. At that point TNW of LCN/Imag/ICN was crawling way way up to ours and so were the amount of kills. They had a 40 cvountry advantage at that point and had all the opportunity they just didn't take the opportunity.

They had me my war staff at our drawing boards 24/7 trying to strategically decide on what to do to keep the advantage. But after 2 days of gaining ground LCN/Imag/ICN started to kill restarts and low production low military countries. While having the breakers (big dict cashers and famers) to actually take down our converting but also high production breakers.

SOL winning this war has nothing to do with us dishing out the FS. It was like 18 - 20ish kills on ICN/LCN then Imag FSed us with the imag FS in their side had 40 country advantage. So deduct our 20 earlier kills..... still 20 countries advantage (they killed 10 - 11ish in their CS and Imags FS).

They was not decided on who FSed. It was decided on who had the best target selection, walling, restart rate and activity, like a good war should be.

And to be honest LCN/Imag/ICN should be congratulated on a good war performance despite being hit they gave us a good run for our money and had to put in A LOT of effort to regain our advantage after we lost it.

So gratz guys :-)

Jiman Game profile

May 15th 2011, 23:31:24

I agree with Makinso.

What also effected the out come of the war was the fact that some potential breakers on the Imag/ICN/LCN side decided not to participate in the war and attempt to continue netting. If they did, the war would have turned out differently than it did.

I thought I was a dead man after i made some critical mistakes with my country.

I do think it was a fun war all in all though.

Edited By: Jiman on May 16th 2011, 4:38:08
See Original Post

iXenomorph Game profile

May 16th 2011, 3:23:59

Would of? You guys are reasonably intelligent people.

It's "would HAVE" for fluffS sake.

Holy fluff take an English class!

/carry on
"Have you ever noticed how a cat is genuinely sad when the mouse they are playing with dies ???" - Prima

Reckless Game profile

May 16th 2011, 3:29:33

LCN can War very well.

Junky Game profile

May 16th 2011, 3:29:36

Originally posted by iXenomorph:

/carry on

Neva!!1!!!111
I Maybe Crazy... But atleast I'm crazy.

Jiman Game profile

May 16th 2011, 4:38:37

Originally posted by iXenomorph:

/carry on

Mistake corrected :-)

hanlong Game profile

May 16th 2011, 4:48:52

i think it will be close
Don Hanlong
Don of La Famiglia

Reckless Game profile

May 16th 2011, 4:49:50

so is this happening?

kazjames Game profile

May 16th 2011, 5:05:34

Servant Game profile

EE Patron

May 16th 2011, 5:36:56

I can't forsee Monsters fighting in such a war. It was great with Collab/Evo,

but LCN/ICN/Imag are good friends too!

Now a netting war would work!
Z is #1

gege Game profile

May 16th 2011, 6:00:08

:D

iZarcon Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

May 16th 2011, 7:44:04

imag, lcn, and icn are good friends....?
-iZarcon
EE Developer

http://www.letskillstuff.org

Ozzite Game profile

May 16th 2011, 8:05:17

Originally posted by iZarcon:
imag, lcn, and icn are good friends....?

I think Servant means they are all friends with monsters...

And Ozzite would win this war

Edited By: Ozzite on May 16th 2011, 9:59:50
See Original Post
Ah, mercury. Sweetest of the transition metals.

iNouda Game profile

May 16th 2011, 9:13:38

Meh, at the high point of the war we were pretty on even footing at one point until some nubs decided on their own that hitting whatever targets out of official warchats they could get at with GS and then stopping midkill was a good way to spend their turns.

Then when WC started, we didn't have enough turns to kill the SOL breakers...

SOL seems to be ignoring the fact that iMag was also in tech phase at the time we jumped into the war. Personally I was 3 days away from completing my tech phase and had to forcibly burn my insufficient stock to immediately convert to war build. I had to burn over a billion on breaking a target that ended up walling and losing most of my bought up military, breaking another target and burning most of my cash except 100m in the first wc I attended. But that's war. Lulz. SOL being epic wallers helped decide who held the strategic advantage.

When can I get back to netting? :P

ibujke Game profile

May 16th 2011, 10:11:15

Originally posted by iNouda:

SOL seems to be ignoring the fact that iMag was also in tech phase at the time we jumped into the war.

So was SoL.

ponderer Game profile

May 16th 2011, 10:37:15

ECM was fully war prepped, and knew the time and place of the fight well in advance. If SOL had given Imag/LCN/ICN that kind of notice, their war might have been different, but as it is, you're comparing apples and oranges. There is no doubt in my mind that SoF would've slaughtered ECM if we had the first strike on unprepared opponents.
m0m0rific

Evolution Game profile

May 16th 2011, 11:47:04

I think Sof would have won if they had 20 more active countries in that conflict.

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

May 16th 2011, 12:30:49

IMO, SoF could have come a lot closer to winning -- even with the numbers disadvantage -- if they would have used a strategy that was tailored to fighting Sanct, Evo and Monsters rather than coming in with the same style of war they fought vs NA a round or two earlier.

That being said, I agree with the comments by ponderer etc -- it's not a fair comparison, because one war was pre-arranged and one wasn't. The fact that ICN, LCN and iMag didn't have any joint pre-planning done is a MAJOR detriment to them. If they had the same kind of arrangement ECM and SoF had, I expect ILI would have probably come out on top, perhaps for the same reasons ECM did.
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

archaic Game profile

May 16th 2011, 17:17:05

I'm pretty sure ICN does not even have a war dept right now. The only reason that any ICN are hitting is because the dozen or so that actually care to fight have been able to participate in the LCN war-room with mostly iMag WC leadership.

Expecting some grand strategic resurgence from a loose coalition of tags that had very minimal interaction prior to the war is a reach Maki. You picked the targets that promised the highest body count and you got what you wanted, an great FS and an easy war win where you can claim "but look, we were outnumbered!". We've seen this before - you can skip to the credits.
Cheating Mod Hall of Shame: Dark Morbid, Turtle Crawler, Sov

CeyLonTEa Game profile

May 16th 2011, 17:49:08

SoF TTT

BattleKJ Game profile

May 16th 2011, 18:32:13

Originally posted by ponderer:
ECM was fully war prepped, and knew the time and place of the fight well in advance. If SOL had given Imag/LCN/ICN that kind of notice, their war might have been different, but as it is, you're comparing apples and oranges. There is no doubt in my mind that SoF would've slaughtered ECM if we had the first strike on unprepared opponents.

100% True.

hanlong Game profile

May 16th 2011, 19:36:05

yea i think comparing SoF vs ECM and SOL vs ILI is an apples to oranges comparison.
Don Hanlong
Don of La Famiglia

Wharfed

May 16th 2011, 20:27:03

Its like comparing the Persian Empire to the Roman Empire. Different times, different situations, different lots of things.
>Wharfed

ABOYNE (vb.) To beat an expert at a game of skill by playing so appallingly bad that none of his clever tactics or strategies are of any use to him.

Thomas Game profile

May 17th 2011, 1:18:57

Originally posted by Pang:
The fact that ICN, LCN and iMag didn't have any joint pre-planning done is a MAJOR detriment to them.

Which is really something that is necessary for a coalition effort to succeed. Even with plenty of time to plan, the road was bumpy the entire way for ECM. You really need to be teamed up with people with like minds and/or friends, or have a LOT of time to work out strategies and action plans if fluff goes south.

dagga Game profile

May 17th 2011, 4:31:09

40 extra countries and a large TNW advantage only mean something when the opposing alliance is not SOL.

LOL. Gotta love AT..

Even to the extremely biased observer (read: 95% of AT) there aren't too many examples of a better war effort than this one. And ICN, please, you didn't want to war, you weren't prepared to fight waa waa. Maybe you should have rethought the 12+ hits you made on SOL when we weren't touching you. It's fine to hit us for our land, just expect to be levelled if you get a bit too greedy.
signatures are stupid.

Thomas Game profile

May 17th 2011, 4:37:02

Coming from the most biased dude ever lol

Thomas Game profile

May 17th 2011, 4:38:51

And by the way, you missed the point as usual.

ECM had time to prep.
ILI did not.

ECM had time to work on communication and plans.
ILI did not.

ECM had a mutual FS.
ILI did not.

I can find a way to make them bulletized if this cliff notes version is still too difficult...

dagga Game profile

May 17th 2011, 4:49:52

Is this idiot a leader in ICN? Maybe the cause of their ineptness is right there. Where am I saying anything counter to what you just posted you brainaic?

What I am saying is - SOLs effort to destroy LCN/IMAG and well, yes, I guess we better include ICN (even though they basically told the other two to jump in a lake through their inactivity) is hard to match. It was a very good performance. A week after this magical war-altering FS, you dummies still had a huge membership, TNW and land advantange.
signatures are stupid.

dagga Game profile

May 17th 2011, 5:04:46

SOL's walling, target selection and activity were excellent leading to my above statement:

"there aren't too many examples of a better war effort than this one"

The reason you were bad is because we kicked your ass. You can't blame us for your membership and leadership packing it in after a fortnight of fighting.
signatures are stupid.