let's talk about who has m0m0, tho.

SoF - 1
SOL - 0

done

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Mar 1st 2011, 16:51:45

well why are you not including IX because they don't play anymore, while SoL and SoF haven't fought since IX was around?

This means in essence that the rivalry between SoF and SoL that was so amazing only happened at the same time IX was around. Thus, shouldn't IX's rivalries be discussed as well, as they were going on at the same time?

Like I said -- it looks like you're shaping the criteria so that the only rivalry that fits it is SoL/SoF :p
There's no question that if you look at the WHOLE of Earth over the last 15ish years, SoL/SoF is one of the best rivalries -- but there are definitely others to consider as well.

And I say that having been present in SoL for some of those wars, including the one where LaF kicked our ass! :p
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

trumper Game profile

Mar 1st 2011, 19:01:23

Speaking of IX...brings back memories of TIL vs Anti

anoniem Game profile

Mar 1st 2011, 21:59:17

"it looks like you're shaping the criteria so that the only rivalry that fits it is SoL/SoF :p"

never has a truer sentence been written
re(ally)tired

dex Game profile

Mar 2nd 2011, 1:29:28

lol

Soviet Game profile

Mar 2nd 2011, 2:12:02

Is new dagga having a relapse?
Imaginary Numbers
http://www.letskillstuff.org

Junky Game profile

Mar 2nd 2011, 2:16:02

Originally posted by Pang:
well why are you not including IX because they don't play anymore, while SoL and SoF haven't fought since IX was around?

This means in essence that the rivalry between SoF and SoL that was so amazing only happened at the same time IX was around. Thus, shouldn't IX's rivalries be discussed as well, as they were going on at the same time?

Like I said -- it looks like you're shaping the criteria so that the only rivalry that fits it is SoL/SoF :p
There's no question that if you look at the WHOLE of Earth over the last 15ish years, SoL/SoF is one of the best rivalries -- but there are definitely others to consider as well.

And I say that having been present in SoL for some of those wars, including the one where LaF kicked our ass! :p

IX never really had any pure 1 on 1 wars.. they always had someone weaken thier opponants first and then step in to attack, or they had FA rings from other alliances.. TIE was always aiding IX back then, for about 3-4 resets before the TIL wars, we'd have competitions to see who could aid IX the most. which is probly the only reason they ever won any war with SOL/Arrow/Rage... MD... whoever they fought :-P
I Maybe Crazy... But atleast I'm crazy.

BobbyATA Game profile

Mar 2nd 2011, 3:41:08

well for EE I would say EVO/LaF has easily been the best rivalry (consider what "rivals" are guys, it doesn't necessarily mean they war each other)

Angel1 Game profile

Mar 2nd 2011, 5:10:05

Originally posted by BobbyATA:
well for EE I would say EVO/LaF has easily been the best rivalry (consider what "rivals" are guys, it doesn't necessarily mean they war each other)

I stand by my first statement, the best rivalry is The Omega/LaF/Evo. Every set, whichever of these alliances is not in a war competes fiercely with any of the other two who also manages to netgain. Everyone else just competes to compete with Omega/LaF/Evo when we netgain. Some alliances are successful in throwing up competition on an inconsistent, but noteworthy basis. That being said, the three consistent and fierce top netgaining alliances are LaF, Evo, and Omega. I would also note that, in a pinch, all three alliances can throw up remarkable war efforts and all three certainly earn their right to netgain through occasional war and consistent diplomatic means.

Fighting is easy, netgaining consistently and well is harder.*

*Note, fighting well is hard, but fighting consistently is pretty easy. It's easy to find/create a war; it's harder to avoid wars.

Edited By: Angel1 on Mar 2nd 2011, 5:14:33
See Original Post
-Angel1

BobbyATA Game profile

Mar 2nd 2011, 5:18:19

Angel my comment wasn't to take away from Omega's netting abilities which are superb. But LaF and EVO trash talk each other constantly on the boards and there is real mutual emnity there. Pretty much everyone likes Omega, which makes it great for you in terms of netting, but excludes you from discussions when it comes to rivalries imo...

Kyatoru Game profile

Mar 2nd 2011, 5:36:35

Originally posted by dagga:

You really think Ragnarok had any rivalries? Sure, they got killed a lot by the same alliances, but they were horrible. Rivalries are between two sides who can compete against each other.

I remember Rag and Seawolf going at it a handful of times as solid larger midsized alliances.
+Kya

dagga Game profile

Mar 2nd 2011, 10:02:59

angel1 is Exhibit 1 of netting alliances deluding themselves into thinking they can fight 'in a pinch'. :p

Omega fights. With allies, and only if they get the first strike, and only when they don't want to netgain. :)
signatures are stupid.
Months since LaF netgained: 22

Angel1 Game profile

Mar 2nd 2011, 14:51:36

Originally posted by BobbyATA:
Angel my comment wasn't to take away from Omega's netting abilities which are superb. But LaF and EVO trash talk each other constantly on the boards and there is real mutual emnity there. Pretty much everyone likes Omega, which makes it great for you in terms of netting, but excludes you from discussions when it comes to rivalries imo...

If all it took for a rivalry was trash talking, then the trolls vs non trolls hold the greatest rivalry in the game. Performance speaks for itself.

I think I'll let other people debate dagga's comments, but I want to let you know that I did read your comment.
-Angel1

Makinso Game profile

Mar 2nd 2011, 22:30:03

Honestly,

While we have 7 1 vs 1 wars against SoF I think the SOL SoF Rivalry is next to Rage/IX and SOL/IX. One of the most long lasting and destructive rivalries earth has known. I'm not only taking 1 vs 1 wars here but also the wars where we plotted each others death through allies to make sure we could achieve other goals or weaken each other by neutralizing allies and other stuff.

Counting all coalition or allied warfare we've been in against each other I think we go over 12 warring sets which we've been in direct combat with each other. And from our history board I can make up at least another 6 - 7 sets where we've been busy squashing each others allies to kill off support for sets with "bigger wars" where the help of allies was highly needed.

against IX we actually have 12 sets warring each other as well (of which 2 were actually arranged 1 on 1 wars).

And while I personally agree to the fact where SOL SoF and SOL vs IX probably were the most long standing and destructive rivalries earth has known, their are others to consider as well.

A few that come to mind are;

IX - Rage(don't have the numbers on how many wars)
LCN - SOL (10 Wars)
PDM - RD (not sure how long it lasted but that was one of the most hate bred rivalries Earth has ever seen).

Any others we can consider?

Edited By: Makinso on Mar 2nd 2011, 22:45:11
See Original Post

ZDH Game profile

Mar 2nd 2011, 22:32:36

Whats a SOL and SOF?
-BigZ

Makinso Game profile

Mar 2nd 2011, 22:45:42

My edit was because I (once again) hit submit way to fast :-)

Dragonlance Game profile

Mar 3rd 2011, 0:57:33

rage v IX has at least 13-14 wars i'm fairly sure.

The count was lost years ago:p

I SAY BEST RIVALRY = BIG 6 v DELITEZ

Kyatoru Game profile

Mar 3rd 2011, 3:48:05

Ronnie vs Omega
+Kya