Verified:

Thomas Game profile

Jan 12th 2011, 10:53:11

Originally posted by Fooglmog:
Looks like someone in the media found this thread (and mis-reported what's in it), we got mentioned:

http://online.wsj.com/...l?mod=WSJ_latestheadlines

I really hope no one in this community gives his posts to the media. To the authorities, yes. But not to the media. We don't need attention from this.

-Fooglmog
Guy with no clue.

Here's another article in more depth. For the most part is seems okay, although they did take some things out of context.

http://online.wsj.com/...WSJ_hp_LEADNewsCollection

I'm not sure how accurate this quote is: "Its funny...when..they say lets go on a date about 3 times..and they dont....go..." Three days later, he wrote, "Its funny when your 60 wondering......what happen at 21."

Lots of connecting the dots to find the end result it seems.

mrford Game profile

Jan 12th 2011, 15:46:48

I'm sure that some of those breaks are editing out inapropriate language.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

Detmer Game profile

Jan 12th 2011, 15:50:46

Originally posted by Patience:
Detmer - are you talking about Sir Balin? He had a band called 'After the Sirens' that was very good (I bought their CD). Might you be confusing the song he sent you?

I am 100% certain I am not getting Balin and ATS confused with some random dude and Linkin Park. ;)

I can almost remember the dude's online name. If I were to stumble across my old ICQ list, or a Camelot member list from then, I would be able to pick out the name.

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jan 12th 2011, 16:52:52

Linkin Park played too?!??!?!?

One Step Closer was actually written about the TIL wars????
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

Detmer Game profile

Jan 12th 2011, 17:05:32

Originally posted by Pang:
Linkin Park played too?!??!?!?

One Step Closer was actually written about the TIL wars????

Hah!

Wikipedia told me a difference between the demo version and the released version, so I am going to check and see which I have when I get home.

Dibs Ludicrous Game profile

Jan 12th 2011, 19:33:17

Originally posted by mrford:
I'm sure that some of those breaks are editing out inapropriate language.

a more likely explanation would be that they had to keep the article to 1k words or less so that the advertisers wouldn't be too deprived of download bandwidth.
There are no messages in your Inbox.
Elvis has left the building.

Speaker Game profile

Jan 12th 2011, 20:26:45

Galleri you did not see me on the news. I have refused any interviews. I have made email correspondence with WSJ, WashingtonPost, and spoke to NBC briefly on the phone. Since then I have not been speaking with media. I'm contemplating releasing 5 photos of Jared because I have received many requests for images of him but I doubt I will at this point until things die down (or if I ever decide to).

mrford Game profile

Jan 13th 2011, 1:39:35

anyone notice that this thread has gained 2000 views in the last 2 hours?

AOL linked this thread here

http://www.aolnews.com/...where-jared-loughner-pos/
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

Foobooy Evolution Game profile

Jan 13th 2011, 4:29:17

The feds can bring a couple of new hard drives and qz can just clone them copies of Evo2025 and EE's discs.

Thomas Game profile

Jan 13th 2011, 5:55:34

Speaker -- I think any photo of Jared other than the one they're all using would good. It seems as though they pour through photos and find the one that makes them look the craziest to coincide with this persona that they're selling.

Junky Game profile

Jan 13th 2011, 6:22:02

who wants to believe a smiling not so crazy looking person would go crazy.
I Maybe Crazy... But atleast I'm crazy.

Thomas Game profile

Jan 13th 2011, 6:25:41

What happened has happened. Posting pictures of him looking nuts doesn't help his family any.

Junky Game profile

Jan 13th 2011, 6:33:28

his ears are small...

SaRaveok Game profile

Jan 13th 2011, 9:26:12

HOLY CRAP

This thread has under 8,000 Views!
General of The Fallen
---------------------------
MSN:
IRC: #thefallen on Gamesurge

Application For The Fallen: http://www.boxcarhosting.com/...pplication.php?appID=1142

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jan 13th 2011, 15:55:39

i assume you meant over? heh
Finally did the signature thing.

KyleCleric Game profile

Jan 13th 2011, 16:25:44

The 9 year old girl that was murdered. She was born September 11, 2001.
This is our fluffing city. And no one is going to dictate our freedom. Stay strong.

Patience Game profile

Jan 13th 2011, 17:48:39

Yeah, Junky... that's the problem. They pick the one picture out of a million that makes him look like Charles Manson, and that's the one they use. :-\ I didn't know the guy well, I had a couple of run-ins with him on the old Swirve boards and had to smack him back into line - but he was more disruptive and nonsensical than threatening. He was obviously angry and he'd just escalate until he got a DA/ban. But I don't remember ever considering him threatening.
I cannot see your signature - so if it's witty, put it in a post instead! :p

archaic: Patty, if it was you wearing it, I'd consider a fuzzy pink pig suit to be lingerie. Patty makes pork rock.

Jan 13th 2011, 17:59:19

or it could be that they just picked the picture that is guaranteed to be him because it's his mugshot?

Servant Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 13th 2011, 20:08:57

"only" 200 views today,

We must be yesterday's news.
Z is #1

Junky Game profile

Jan 13th 2011, 20:35:50

we're boring again.

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jan 13th 2011, 20:38:59

http://kotaku.com/...ayed?skyline=true&s=i

where are people getting their screenshots from?
it takes like 30 seconds to get a proper screenshot of the game....

that one is like a year old
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

Jan 13th 2011, 20:47:30

LOL, you shouldn't be going out to all those other internet websites, i think those people aren't quite right in the head. :-P

mrford Game profile

Jan 13th 2011, 20:52:16

sweet Jesus! I was quoted in that write-up! I even made a typo and they didn't edit it out.

I feel so used
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Junky Game profile

Jan 13th 2011, 20:53:13

http://life-in-ni.blogspot.com/...social-web-gaming-at.html

the best link ever for Earth empires :-D

Goofy Game profile

Jan 14th 2011, 0:45:23

I noticed the country wasn't a noob either. It is a farmer that has been ran for a few weeks already.

gwagers Game profile

Jan 14th 2011, 3:20:28

It's the same screenshot from Junky's link. They couldn't make their own country, so they decided to get one from someone that was advertising the game instead.
Peloponnese (PEHL-oh-puh-NEES): a mythical land of cheesecake

"We cannot enter into alliance with neighboring princes until we are acquainted with their designs..."--Sun Tzu

Who has time for that? BLAST THEM ALL!

Junky Game profile

Jan 14th 2011, 4:50:22

no doubt.. they'd been farmed and killed by laf before they could reach that high of land... then the story would be about how clans farm new people and such.

NOW3P Game profile

Jan 14th 2011, 7:07:00

Guys - I'd ::strongly:: suggest leaving communication with the authorities to the development/administrative staff, and those in LCN who can provide them with full records, IF they want them.

I know the urge to help is there, but believe me from experience, you don't want to get caught up in something over your head here. Good on ya for doing the ethical thing, but you really don't want to be involved unless you're being advised legally.

Speaker - I don't know ya, but I already think you're a hell of a good guy. Sorry you're getting stuck shouldering this, I'm sure it's not easy.

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Jan 14th 2011, 7:19:28

"Its also a game that doesn't take up much time or eat into real life too much because of the way the turns are given out and able to be played at your own convenience.The game is real time but the turns used to perform actions are given out every so many minutes and are stored up to a certain amount, usually around 2-3 days worth. That means you can go a day or two without logging in if you so desire."

I have been playing this game wrong all these years!!!

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

KeSSie Game profile

Jan 14th 2011, 7:21:32

LOL @ Galli! Me tooooo!
EL YAY!

NOW3P Game profile

Jan 14th 2011, 7:21:46

wait....it's not a use it or lose it system!?

*facedesk*

DeDLySMuRF Game profile

Jan 14th 2011, 9:41:59

Well it looks like the FBI has got what they need.

Hopefully the press will die down some. We have all played this game for too long to let something this tragic pull this community appart.

http://kotaku.com/...of-accused-tucson-shooter
FFA Server - Paragon of Duality
Alliance Server - Moral Decay

ZIP Game profile

Jan 14th 2011, 12:10:05

apart - no more like together
fluff your 300 Spartans fool - i have 32 of the biggest fluffed mother fluffers made of titanium !!
A brigade from Blackstreetboyz (#91) has invaded your lands! Your defenses held against the invaders and forced them away! Your military lost:1 Troops

NOW3P Game profile

Jan 14th 2011, 19:14:27

I gotta agree with ZIP. It's been somewhat inspiring to see everyone trying to help out with the situation....and as they say, no press is bad press.

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Jan 14th 2011, 19:18:05

Originally posted by Speaker:
Galleri you did not see me on the news. I have refused any interviews. I have made email correspondence with WSJ, WashingtonPost, and spoke to NBC briefly on the phone. Since then I have not been speaking with media. I'm contemplating releasing 5 photos of Jared because I have received many requests for images of him but I doubt I will at this point until things die down (or if I ever decide to).

Must of been other friends that went ahead and interviewed. I am glad that you refused to do tv interviews. :)

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

Popcom Game profile

Jan 14th 2011, 19:31:34

Originally posted by NOW3P:
Guys - I'd ::strongly:: suggest leaving communication with the authorities to the development/administrative staff, and those in LCN who can provide them with full records, IF they want them.

I know the urge to help is there, but believe me from experience, you don't want to get caught up in something over your head here. Good on ya for doing the ethical thing, but you really don't want to be involved unless you're being advised legally.

Speaker - I don't know ya, but I already think you're a hell of a good guy. Sorry you're getting stuck shouldering this, I'm sure it's not easy.

good advice.
remember, anything u say can and WILL be used against you :P
1A - BLOWS
FFA- NBK4Life

~If at first you don't succeed, you are clearly not Popcom~

NOW3P Game profile

Jan 14th 2011, 19:42:21

doubtful it would come to that - but since the avg demographic here seems to be early 20 somethings, who (no offense intended) may not be aware of what can get them in trouble and what can't, it's better safe than sorry.

Junky Game profile

Jan 15th 2011, 3:52:37

congrats to this threat for topping 10k views with so little posts... its almost out numbered 10 to 1...

gwagers Game profile

Jan 15th 2011, 5:59:00

Interest abounds. Though it's kind of sad, in a way, because after Pang first said that he was cooperating with the authorities, the sensible ones should have left well enough alone... which means there are THAT many insensible ones.

"We cannot enter into alliance with neighboring princes until we are acquainted with their designs..."--Sun Tzu

iNouda Game profile

Jan 15th 2011, 6:17:38

Interesting.....

@TAN if you're still interested in that DIY homemade bomb design, send me a pm :)

*wonders if the FBI is reading this too*

gwagers Game profile

Jan 15th 2011, 6:19:15

It's more than likely. As long as you don't plan on flying, though, a single statement shouldn't be too problematic...

NOW3P Game profile

Jan 15th 2011, 7:00:49

RED TEAM GO!

Cheesy

Jan 15th 2011, 8:30:07

You'll hear no speculation about this in the press 'cuz they're corporate just like big pharma but I'm thinking that this Loughner kid is yet another person who turned violent after the psychotropic drugs he was on went toxic on him.

A lot, perhaps the majority, of the infamous "dude loses it & shoots everyone in sight" stories have involved young people on the Prozac-like drugs that can build up to toxic levels and send a person full tilt bozo. It's near impossible to predict but the signs can be noticed by others.

Chalk another one up for the drugged out chem-zombies?

NOW3P Game profile

Jan 15th 2011, 8:37:17

Riiiight...i'm sure it wasn't the actual diagnosed mental condition that caused him to be on those meds in the first place that would lead him to do such a thing, or his continued abuse, and/or failure to take, those medications, or the abuse of other illicit drugs.

::eye roll::

iNouda Game profile

Jan 15th 2011, 8:38:39

Oh noes~! *moves to PAkistan to train for the EndDay Jihad*

Emp1r3 Game profile

Jan 15th 2011, 8:45:35

Wow, I have been out of the loop for a while so I didn't know everything that happened. This is insane. What's worse is the 9 year olds death...wow (compounded by that fluffing church that is going to picket her funeral...who the hell pickets a funeral of a 9 year old?)

NOW3P Game profile

Jan 15th 2011, 8:49:02

Some extremely confused, hateful, bigotted, and selfish people Emp1r3

One of them actually had the audacity to tell a reporter that Laughner had done the world a favor because she would have just grown up to be a bleeding heart liberal anyways...

That might actually sadden me more than the shootings themselves.

grimjoww Game profile

Jan 15th 2011, 12:58:40

this is sad :/

gwagers Game profile

Jan 15th 2011, 16:49:10

...Picketing a funeral? Who the HELL? This is the first I heard of this, so please pardon my surprise.

Jan 15th 2011, 16:54:59

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/...rch-arizona_n_806319.html

ugh. wtf?

fark it.

Picketing Funerals Is Gay!!!!

have no idea why a bunch of HellUvANutts want to picket a funeral, but i'd probably better tone it down because Pang will ban me.

Edited By: Dibs Ludicrous on Jan 15th 2011, 17:09:59
See Original Post