3 h y p e r b o r e a (#87) 10,977 $19,048,883 H
4 bLoodLusT (#14) 11,486 $17,937,059 DG
5 Ten Thousand Island (#79) 12,208 $17,396,009 RG
6 Walls Of Stalingrad (#43) 11,507 $15,280,458 HG
7 8 Balls (#10) 16,028 $14,875,917 R
8 I WIN (#50) 15,185 $14,500,244 RG
9 GDI For YourOwn Good (#59) 16,772 $13,988,639 CG
10 Overlords r teh l33t (#62) 9464 $13,895,710 HG

All-time NW record with an R casher and you appear to have done it legitimately.

I didn't come close to placing but I had a lot of fun fluffing around lol
FoG

iZarcon Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Dec 20th 2010, 17:03:08

some really low nw's this set. i was really busy with r/l stuff most the set and then decided i should try for top 25.

never in my life thought just under 14m would get top 10.

nice finish JJ. would really like to see a rep casher do it without leechs tho. a rep casher with tech leeches has a huge advantage ove other strats that can't normally rely on outside help(especially as we can't FA now). guess tech leeching is the new FA. regardless of that, very good finish!
-iZarcon
EE Developer

http://www.letskillstuff.org

lincoln

Dec 20th 2010, 17:10:21

appearances can be deceiving

will those who let him leech tech step up and explain why they did it? or were they his own creations?
when one gets caught twice in a row, it is reasonable to be suspicious

if at the end of an investigation, he is not deleted, then maybe, congrats will be in order
FoG

dantzig Game profile

Dec 20th 2010, 17:12:38

Yeah, leeching tech gives any strat a huge advantage. An alliance with an active techer can easily give you $500mil worth of tech over a set. It's not against the rules so I have nothing negative to say about it. Kudos for convincing other players to allow you to leech :P

It would be nice if research alliances were not so easy to exploit...perhaps the amount of tech received should be based on the amount you've researched and the amount your ally has researched instead of your tech inventory and the amount they research? Or research alliances could work like all of the other alliances in that you share a percentage of your tech with your allies. I'll make a post in B&S.
FoG

iZarcon Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Dec 20th 2010, 17:16:06

lincoln. i allowed him to leech. if you're going to attempt to say that i'm him again, please don't. I live and play from england and I have no idea where JJ lives and plays from.

as dantzig, leeching isn't against the rules. i don't have to tell you why i did it. it's my decision to make, not yours.
-iZarcon
EE Developer

lincoln

Dec 20th 2010, 17:16:32

dantzig,

now we know one of them was not a multi
just slap a little asterisk next to the "record"

and true iarcon you o not have to explain why you FAed him

Edited By: lincoln on Dec 20th 2010, 17:23:24
See Original Post
FoG

iZarcon Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Dec 20th 2010, 17:16:57

-iZarcon
EE Developer

Dibs Ludicrous Game profile

Dec 20th 2010, 17:38:02

thought the end was yesterday?
lincoln, you want the mods to waste time deleting people from last set?
There are no messages in your Inbox.
Elvis has left the building.

iZarcon Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Dec 20th 2010, 17:42:40

do you have any evidence he had more than one?

i mean, i did say leechs but i wasn't meaning in plural sense. was meaning leaches in general =)

and.. nice play on my own words in ur little post change there. i'll accept that. it is well within the rules on solo servers to allow a friend from that solo server to ally you.
-iZarcon
EE Developer

Dec 20th 2010, 17:59:15

Originally posted by lincoln:
dantzig,

now we know one of them was not a multi
just slap a little asterisk next to the "record"

and true iarcon you o not have to explain why you FAed him

is the little asterisk going to be footnoted by "* - Played Exceptionally Well Within Reset And Server Rules"

i think i should get a little asterisk, or maybe two. "** - Actually Finished A Set"

NOW3P Game profile

Dec 20th 2010, 18:53:23

Why would we put an asterisk next to the record? Tech alliances are a perfectly legitimate part of the game, and put in place for just that reason.

I've gladly let people have a research alliance in the past in exchange for a good def ally (especially early when techers are defensively weak).

bore Game profile

Patron

Dec 20th 2010, 19:44:21

* nice finish

dantzig Game profile

Dec 20th 2010, 19:44:48

Considering that JJ is a prolific landgrabber, allowing him to leech tech protects you from getting grabbed by him. That's the best reason to allow him to leech tech that I can imagine . . .
FoG

bore Game profile

Patron

Dec 20th 2010, 19:47:11

hmz, i was hit 78 times during the set, but not once by jj.

does that make me his tech leech?

Dec 20th 2010, 19:52:01

Originally posted by dantzig:
Considering that JJ is a prolific landgrabber, allowing him to leech tech protects you from getting grabbed by him. That's the best reason to allow him to leech tech that I can imagine . . .

great, 1 country got saved from being grabbed by the best farmer on the server who was also a GDI member and hence suppossedly limited in his farming ability. did he just hit every country once?

iZarcon Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Dec 20th 2010, 20:06:23

he lucked out and got heavy dr really early. meant he could make loads of grabs during that dr phase while staying in dr. very well played IMO.
-iZarcon
EE Developer

dantzig Game profile

Dec 20th 2010, 20:10:18

Originally posted by Dibs Ludicrous:
great, 1 country got saved from being grabbed by the best farmer on the server who was also a GDI member and hence suppossedly limited in his farming ability. did he just hit every country once?

Basically: http://www.eestats.com/express/oldcountry/166/23

GDI affords netgainers amazing protection if they manage to not fluff up and hit someone twice. JJ showed great discipline by not reacting to the countries that tried to bait him into a second hit.
FoG

afaik Game profile

Dec 20th 2010, 20:19:34

Hmm, so why did you put him in dr at the start there dantzig?

Dec 20th 2010, 20:28:08

what you want? a server where people don't interact? where they just start out the same and get luck of the dice to grow their country without it being affected by what anybody else is doing on the server?

dantzig Game profile

Dec 20th 2010, 20:29:35

Okay, it's embarrassing but since you called me out on it, I'll man up.

I actually tried to landkill him OOP but completely botched it and he got away. I was hoping that he would become enraged and retaliate but he didn't and thus I could never really touch him for the rest of the set.
FoG

afaik Game profile

Dec 20th 2010, 20:38:26

Lol dibs, I was genuinely curious as they've not exactly avoided each other previously.

Dec 20th 2010, 20:44:13

Originally posted by afaik:
Lol dibs, I was genuinely curious as they've not exactly avoided each other previously.

hehe, np, you snuck in under dantzig's post and i forgot to quote him because i'm busy in my attempt to be the first to claim credit for the 1st solstice lunar eclipse to hit North and South America in like 374 years or so...

gambit Game profile

Dec 20th 2010, 21:28:23

how come nobody ever attempts to retal him?

but agreed that the other finishes were low... i forgot to finish mine and i still made top 15
Natural Born Killer

lincoln

Dec 20th 2010, 21:59:58

had i topfed you the yield would not have been that great because EE protects fast growing countries with a sever anti-topfeeding penalty
FoG

Dec 20th 2010, 22:05:17

Originally posted by lincoln:
had i topfed you the yield would not have been that great because EE protects fast growing countries with a sever anti-topfeeding penalty

yes, well, you would have gained proportionally satisfactory returns if you could've maintained a proportional amount of country growth before you attempted to attack and then you wouldn't have been stuck with the disappointment of not being able to attempt a topfeed that would have resulted in totally anticiptated unsatisfactory results.

Thomas Game profile

Dec 20th 2010, 22:16:04

All I heard was "blah blah blah, I cheat"

Thomas Game profile

Dec 20th 2010, 22:20:54

Originally posted by JJ23:
Originally posted by Thomas:
All I heard was "blah blah blah, I cheat"

sure. from a guy who cant finish out a reset because he cant run a casher to save his life without being farmed. thats cool.

hey thomas, have you ever broken 20M nw. didnt think so

Sorry, I'm not going to sit here and listen to you talk about how good you are. You break Express records after being deleted. Hmmm... like that isn't fishy. You all of a sudden come back to this game and dominate the entire server set after set right away?

We all know you are using shady tactics, you aren't fluffing kidding anybody. You getting deleted just meant you spent more time figuring out how to bend the rules without getting caught.

I find it funny Slagpit can run a $200M NW Commie Indy in Alliance and finish top 3, but you seem to blow him out of the water every set.

Sorry, I'm not buying.

dantzig Game profile

Dec 20th 2010, 22:34:10

dantzig, question for you... how did you immediately know that was my country... was my country name that obvious?

Yes. I had no outside assistance in determining which country was yours before the round even started.
FoG

Dec 20th 2010, 22:43:06

i should probably pay more attention, but why does dantzig and lincoln have FoG as their sig? Foreign object Guaranteed?

oh well, i have to start concentrating and muttering various obscene and obscure words such as "Abbra Cadabbra, Prestigious La Famigulus, Hocus, Pocus, Alakazam, make this white moon red.", hmmm, needs a magic word that rhymes with red or the solstice eclipse will go unsaid.

NOW3P Game profile

Dec 20th 2010, 22:48:25

Thomas, your own logic kinda flies in the face of what you're trying to argue. Since JJ has been deleted (mind you, for allying someone he was safe-listed with, not running multies) in the past, I'd say it's a pretty safe bet that he undergoes a little extra scrutiny from the mods - if he cheated to break the record, don't you think the past deletions would make him MORE likely to get caught cheating if he were?

Why can't you just sit back and accept that he's a better netter than you, congratulate him on a nicely played country, and go on with your angry little life?

NOW3P Game profile

Dec 20th 2010, 22:53:08

Well there's a shocker! :-P

J/K - but it was a nicely run country from what I understand. Congrats on the win and new record.

Pain Game profile

Dec 21st 2010, 2:51:44

Thomas the obvious answer for this set was the fact that he grabbed so much in the beginning. its rather obvious that he won by so much was because he was at double the acres of everyone on the server by the second day. ill be the first to chastisize a cheater but he just played a tight country, thats it.

and JJ, dantzig has figured out your country every set for like 4-5 weeks ive been allying with him lol. no point in hiding haha.
Your mother is a nice woman

Thomas Game profile

Dec 21st 2010, 5:38:06

Originally posted by Pain:
Thomas the obvious answer for this set was the fact that he grabbed so much in the beginning. its rather obvious that he won by so much was because he was at double the acres of everyone on the server by the second day. ill be the first to chastisize a cheater but he just played a tight country, thats it.

and JJ, dantzig has figured out your country every set for like 4-5 weeks ive been allying with him lol. no point in hiding haha.

And that doesn't strike anybody as odd that this coincidentally happened, allowing him to LG like crazy?

Whenever somebody is safelisted I'm automatically suspicious. When that safelisted person is deleted and Pangea says the evidence is pretty damning, I'm not going to forget it. To have that same guy get farmed out of the gate allowing him to LG and stay in DRs, I have to think that was all planned.

dantzig Game profile

Dec 21st 2010, 6:42:27

Thomas, I " farmed" him. I intended to kill him. I fluffed up and botched the job. It wasn't intentional. Believe me, there's nothing I want more than to kill JJ.
FoG

Rob Game profile

Dec 21st 2010, 7:11:11

Congrats JJ, very impressive. Very impressive indeed. Now, if I can only complete a set...

iZarcon Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Dec 21st 2010, 8:07:02

heh. i can vouch that jj had no idea obama was dantzig. neither did i :-)

every round for the past month, JJ's told me who was dantzig as soon as he found out.

Tho, with the ammt of grabs, i should have guessed. was too busy to be bothered.
-iZarcon
EE Developer

bore Game profile

Patron

Dec 21st 2010, 14:03:55

bore- im assuming you were number two. the reason why i didnt hit you is during my entire lg phase, you were at 10+ DR. since i use eestats for my landgrab info, i dont normally hit anyone whos at 5+ DRs because i can normally find a better target elsewhere.

i got third, i was in super heavy dr all set as i tried an all-x-no-military-at-all-casher strat. turned out ok, but i don't think it's viable for a lot more than 20m nw.

btw, who got second? thanks for your late set def-ally, very much appreciated.

lincoln

Dec 22nd 2010, 4:42:30

one good thing has come out of that set

the rule change that stops leeching will probably be forever known as the JJ/Izarcon rule

and the asterisk next to JJ's "record*" will remind us that good changes can come from bad conduct

FoG

NOW3P Game profile

Dec 22nd 2010, 5:13:01

there he goes making up names again

You should do Acronyms for the gov't gregg - seems right about your level of usefulness.

Warster Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Dec 22nd 2010, 5:17:51

So people want leeching of tech to stop, what's next banning off allies, leeching has been around forever
FFA- TKO Leader
Alliance- Monsters

MSN
ICQ 28629332

mrford Game profile

Dec 22nd 2010, 5:20:19

Lincoln is my favorite pet
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

NOW3P Game profile

Dec 22nd 2010, 5:20:25

I think only 1 person wants leeching to stop...

mrford Game profile

Dec 22nd 2010, 5:22:16

I beat your post by 6 secconds

I am better than you in every way!
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

lincoln

Dec 22nd 2010, 5:39:01

with off allies you dont get all of your allies' jets if you do not have many, nor with def allies do you get turrets if you have few, why should you get tech when you have no labs?

cheating was around forever, too
we diminished that and we can stop leeching

warster please spell out your theoretical basis for allowing leeching if you have one. Your argument that no one has ever figured out how to stop it before is not convincing.
FoG

Warster Game profile

Game Moderator

Dec 22nd 2010, 5:50:17

and if you have none of the tech they have just teched you get none as well lincoln

with Def allies - Any time you are attacked, 25% of of your allies' forces will come to assist in your defense. However, Your total battle strength cannot be more than doubled through allies

so regardless of how little defense you have its strength can be double, same with Off allies

so you can leech defense , you can leech jets

now where did i argue that NO ONE has ever figured out how to stop it???????

FFA- TKO Leader
Alliance- Monsters

MSN
ICQ 28629332

Warster Game profile

Game Moderator

Dec 22nd 2010, 5:52:45

also

This alliance is beneficial to technology-intensive countries. Each time one member engages in technological research, others will acquire 10% of this knowledge. This alliance also requires 0.15% of your networth in support costs. Note that the amount of technology you receive is also dependent upon your own tech levels. A lack of technology on your part will limit your gains from an alliance.

note how it depends on how much Tech you currently have
FFA- TKO Leader
Alliance- Monsters

MSN
ICQ 28629332

lincoln

Dec 22nd 2010, 6:11:15

you can leech jets???
rofl
try to be serious please

simple change proposed by dantzig, rob and bore, three well respected players

how much tech you get should be based upon your ability to tech

simple
consistent with other alliances
and stops leeching
FoG

Warster Game profile

Game Moderator

Dec 22nd 2010, 6:24:01

clearly you have no idea how to use pacts to your advantage Lincoln ( changed so my point came across right)

so if I played Express kept 4 mil jets on hand for my Off allies to use , yet never did a grab or retal, that can be classed as leeching, How is that any different??

all pacts can be exploited if you have a player willing to play to help you

Edited By: Warster on Dec 22nd 2010, 6:56:07
See Original Post
FFA- TKO Leader
Alliance- Monsters

MSN
ICQ 28629332

mrford Game profile

Dec 22nd 2010, 6:24:28

The ammount of tech you receive from your allies is already based on the ammount of tech you have.

If you have 0 points of agri and your ally teched agri, you receive none

it's a curve based upon your level of tech. Socorro you to receive any of our allies teh you have to either tech yourself or buy tech

I think that is a great system and see no reason to change it.

Edited By: Warster on Dec 22nd 2010, 6:28:44
See Original Post
Swagger of a Chupacabra

lincoln

Dec 22nd 2010, 6:40:45

slagpit has told me not to respond to your ad hominem argumets warster so i will disregard your crazed statement that i do not know how pacts work

i am going to try once again to keep this civil even though you will not ever make such a reciprocal effort

your own word choice is "exploited"

i am going to assume you know what that word means
if so why allow an exploitation when it is easily cured?

EE is constantly trying to clean up and eliminate exploits
why should this one be different??

FoG