Verified:

tduong Game profile

Jan 23rd 2012, 1:06:18

just did it and netted 21.3mil
If tech and military prices weren't so crappy then 25-30mil net wouldn't difficult at all.
Originally posted by blid:
I haven't had a wrong opinion in years

crest23 Game profile

Jan 23rd 2012, 1:57:09

What deal did you strike with #81?
The Nigerian Nightmare.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 23rd 2012, 2:10:02

Who was #81?
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

blid

EE Patron

Jan 23rd 2012, 2:23:27

Yeah that net doesn't count lol, you got 1/3 of your land from one guy who didn't hit back
Originally posted by Mr. Titanium:
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

tduong Game profile

Jan 23rd 2012, 2:28:32

lol no deal. He told me to farm him. I said ok. Then i jacked up tanks just in case.

But the thing was that it actually hurt me more because have an extra 3k acres added over 200mil to the rebuild cost and lowered my military tech %. I should've converted and then hit him but i wasn't thinking lol.

tduong Game profile

Jan 23rd 2012, 2:30:55

Yeah that net doesn't count lol, you got 1/3 of your land from one guy who didn't hit back

lmao are you serious? you're a joke.
Most people I lg don't hit back. Every players here made most hits without retals. I guess we're all cheaters lol.
Stop trying to find excuses. I didn't cheat in any way. It was a horrible set for tech and military.

tduong Game profile

Jan 23rd 2012, 2:33:25

and i had 2 tech allies for a whopping 24 hours. The rest of the time, i had 2 leechers lol.

crest23 Game profile

Jan 23rd 2012, 2:45:52

What I don't get is why the big Demo didn't finish better? He had a perfect set. I was impressed with it all set until I saw his finish.
The Nigerian Nightmare.

blid

EE Patron

Jan 23rd 2012, 2:51:41

24m is a pretty good networth in my opinion.

Originally posted by tduong:

Most people I lg don't hit back. Every players here made most hits without retals. I guess we're all cheaters lol.
Stop trying to find excuses. I didn't cheat in any way. It was a horrible set for tech and military.
You didn't cheat, I'm not saying that, but it's not exactly a typical round when you get 1/3 of your land for free. You can't really measure how well you did when such a percentage was given to you. Things like that is like a tech leech: it's legal, but how do you compare it to people who don't have it?

Sorry for the first post though, that was a bit blunt/harsh.

Edited By: blid on Jan 23rd 2012, 3:04:15
See Original Post
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

tduong Game profile

Jan 23rd 2012, 4:02:24

24m is a pretty good networth in my opinion.

Originally posted by tduong:

You didn't cheat, I'm not saying that, but it's not exactly a typical round when you get 1/3 of your land for free. You can't really measure how well you did when such a percentage was given to you. Things like that is like a tech leech: it's legal, but how do you compare it to people who don't have it?

Sorry for the first post though, that was a bit blunt/harsh.

Like I said, do your math. I think it hurt me more than it helped. It looked like a good opportunity but the cost was too high at that point for me. Compare that you people who farm noobs all day. It's the same damn thing lol. Don't tell me you won't do the same thing if you had the chance.

Have you ever store food in the market at $55 and it actually sold because there was a shortage for a couple hours? I can't blame you if that happen. Or put an order in for $1100 tech and someone or some noob actually filled your order. I won't say your game doesn't count cause of that.

There's a lot of people that have all day to sit on a comp to play express. They only sleep 3 hours at a time at night lol. They have an advantage too. So please don't blame me for getting lucky.

If i could do it again, the only way I could gain from those grabs is if i dropped the unbuilt land immediately.

tduong Game profile

Jan 23rd 2012, 4:03:06

Originally posted by crest23:
What I don't get is why the big Demo didn't finish better? He had a perfect set. I was impressed with it all set until I saw his finish.

tech prices crashed the stock market in 2008

Xinhuan Game profile

Jan 23rd 2012, 5:24:36

I'm just going to guess he tried to resell oil and it backfired?

I spied at least 6 full oilers (meaning over 80% of their land is rigs) over the whole reset and decided not to build a single oil rig.

tduong Game profile

Jan 23rd 2012, 5:41:57

he sold his stockpile at auto buy

crest23 Game profile

Jan 23rd 2012, 13:33:06

I honestly thought he would do a whole lot better. After oldman got hit the second time. I was thinking it would be between oldman, the rep, and him.

The Nigerian Nightmare.

TNTroXxor Game profile

Jan 23rd 2012, 16:54:59

Dropping unbuilt land is a sin dont do it !
Originally posted by JJ23:
i havent been deleted since last set

tduong Game profile

Jan 23rd 2012, 17:28:19

I honestly thought he would do a whole lot better. After oldman got hit the second time. I was thinking it would be between oldman, the rep, and him.

wowzers, anyone listening?
i told you he sold his tech at autobuy which is 1000. If tech prices are a basement prices then you might as well not let others benefit and just burn it at autobuy.

crest23 Game profile

Jan 23rd 2012, 20:22:14

lol.
The Nigerian Nightmare.

afaik Game profile

Jan 23rd 2012, 20:34:36

I'm not sure anyone SHOULD be listening haha! how might you know that tduong?

all I said to you is that you CAN sell tech at autobuy, which you were previously not aware of. i don't recall speaking to you again after that for the rest of the set... and i certainly didn't sell it all at autobuy. not sure why you would claim this?

i also didn't get burned playing with oil Xinhuan, but good guess... i'm just not v good at running techers, but pleased to finish as the top techer in the set. tech prices were rock bottom so it's a better measure than vs commies and cashers IMO.

I think I had potential for another 3m nw if I'd had more time to do some reselling, but otherwise my expenses were just too high to avoid the retals and topfeeds... I didn't think I'd catch oldman's commie after his early lead, so played very conservatively in the latter half of the set.

crest23 Game profile

Jan 23rd 2012, 23:22:35

Holy smoke! I could have been allied to you! You messaged me in game for a tech alliance. Impressive grabbing too!

You were so far ahead of me cos I took too long to start playing and paid dearly for it with retals out the wazoo, lol.

I guess you noticed I ignored tduong, didn't think he knew what he was talking about, lol.

The Nigerian Nightmare.

tduong Game profile

Jan 24th 2012, 4:42:57

you gotta come in here and ruin everything afaik lol
JJ is banned so someone gotta start up the excitement. My rumour mill is broken now :(

crest23 Game profile

Jan 24th 2012, 5:32:22

Hmmmmm, tduong has a British English background, interesting.
The Nigerian Nightmare.

crest23 Game profile

Jan 24th 2012, 5:33:03

Explains the briti sh IT (#86) country name.

Edited By: crest23 on Jan 24th 2012, 22:38:57
See Original Post
The Nigerian Nightmare.

tduong Game profile

Jan 24th 2012, 5:46:14

it's tea time!

Xinhuan Game profile

Jan 24th 2012, 13:44:59

@afaik: You're wrong in saying you're not very good at running techers. Techers are just a fluffty strategy to run in Express unless there are _very_ few of them and the price remains high as a consequence.

The ability of players to store 360(360) turns to bulk spend the last 1080 turns of the 1800 turn reset allows for players to buy most of their tech in the last 2 days at rock bottom prices (where tech undercutting kills it).

Simply by changing the game to 180(180) or some other variant like 270(180) will significantly boost the strength of techers in Express.

blid

EE Patron

Jan 24th 2012, 14:54:21

Yep

tduong Game profile

Jan 24th 2012, 15:18:53

why don't you just don't play techer. That'll help boost the strength of techers

blid

EE Patron

Jan 24th 2012, 15:25:42

Sort of. If there's no techers and prices are high, you will get some sales at a better price. But people will also be more likely to store turns and hold off playing. It will be a game of chicken but ultimately a techer HAS TO sell more than other people have to crank up their tech.

Xinhuan Game profile

Jan 24th 2012, 17:14:23

Yes blid, but by forcing other people to buy tech even later than usual, the reset ends up being a low NW set with a low top-10 cutoff. Look at the previous set where a mere 15m NW was top 10, that was a really good set for techers.

I didn't even log on for the finish because I thought 15m was not even top 20 then, but clearly I was wrong. That reset, fewer techs were bought on the overall (higher price = less tech = less production = can buy even less tech = less finishing NW).

It can be viewed that having less techers doesn't necessarily make techers stronger, it just makes everyone else weaker.

tduong Game profile

Jan 26th 2012, 20:56:14

You're dumb. Theo techer only need to buy food on the market. So when tech prices are high it doesn't matter. Theos are the most common techers. Oil don't need.

crest23 Game profile

Jan 26th 2012, 22:53:55

I'll take it you've been drinking, cos that makes 0 sense.
The Nigerian Nightmare.

tduong Game profile

Jan 27th 2012, 5:45:51

He's saying less techer doesn't make stronger techers. I'm saying it does. The most common type of techers are theos for the bpt, pop and military price bonus.

Theos doesn't necessarily need to buy anything from the market besides food and oil. There are also no tech needed for oil production. His point was higher tech = less production. Oil doesn't count then since it doesn't require tech.

The only thing needed is food. Even if food is $50 instead of the regular 40-43. And usually you spend on average 10% income as food expense. That would mean food expense will go up to about 12.5%.

I would rather lose an extra 2.5% of my income to food and then make an extra 20-40% selling tech because I'm making so much more money. Hence making his argument meaningless. Less techers, higher price will always benefit techers for the most part. I've proven that in tourney C until it got so boring I would rather just AB everyone in t10.

Yes, there are demo techers and tyranny too but they usually don't add up anywhere near theos. I've even seen rep, dict, and commie techers lol.

Xinhuan Game profile

Jan 27th 2012, 8:16:43

@tduong: You misunderstood my argument.

I'm saying that when the price of tech is higher, it weakens all other strats that aren't techers, because they can buy less tech and as a result, have less production. They grow at a slower pace, and possibly grab less. This results in less land on the overall for the whole server.

"It can be viewed that having less techers doesn't necessarily make techers stronger, it just makes everyone else weaker."

My whole point/post was simply that when tech prices are crazy high, the reset ends up being one with an extremely low top-10 cutoff NW such as 2 sets ago. Techers don't finish higher by much NW, everyone else just finishes a lot lower.

You can view it the reverse, obviously. If all other strats become weaker, then techers obviously becomes "stronger" by comparison.

crest23 Game profile

Jan 27th 2012, 15:30:07

That's what I thought you were saying too Xinhuan.

I see it slightly differently though. When tech prices are crazy high, techer will generally finish relatively higher than otherwise and others will generally finish relatively lower than everyone else.

blid and mdemon already proved that. mdemon got 31 mill NW and the blid got 29 mill NW on the 2 sets that tech was really high.

blid finished about 7 mill higher than #2 and mdemon finished over 10 mill NW over #2.
The Nigerian Nightmare.

blid

EE Patron

Jan 27th 2012, 16:03:52

hey, I got 29.9m!

blid

EE Patron

Jan 27th 2012, 16:08:46

http://www.eestats.com/express/serverstats
This is pretty neat, shows a good cross-section of price averages for all the sets. My round, busisness tech averaged 2067. Rounds 94 and 90 was 2330. It was also over 2k in rounds 83 76 71 67 62 59. If you go back to round 49 high tech prices were really common. Maybe that was before the "modern" Express.

tduong Game profile

Jan 27th 2012, 16:10:51

Originally posted by Xinhuan:
@tduong: You misunderstood my argument.

I'm saying that when the price of tech is higher, it weakens all other strats that aren't techers, because they can buy less tech and as a result, have less production. They grow at a slower pace, and possibly grab less. This results in less land on the overall for the whole server

i didn't misunderstand at all. That can be said for any strat. If there's less than 30% CI then military prices are high and commies grow faster and finish higher while everyone else are slower.
I would say extreme oil prices have almost as much affects as high tech prices. When oil is over $300 then people are forced to take a good part of their land to oil rigs. That hurts techers and cashers the most since their building % is related to their income. I have had resets where if i don't buld oil rigs i would have to spend 20-25% of my income on oil just to lg. The choice is hard.
Bushels prices probably affect other strats the least. Like I said you only spend about 10% income on food unless you're a casher massing lots of troops and tanks. When prices are high at $50 it goes up to about 12.5%. But farmers do get a nice boost in income. If there's more than 13% farmers then prices are generally low.

Xinhuan Game profile

Jan 27th 2012, 16:14:46

It's still extremely difficult for a techer to finish above 27m though. Much much much harder than a CI, even in the best of reset conditions. Consider that last reset, we have 58 CIs out of 160ish countries that exited 100 turn protection, and yet military prices were still really high.

I generally feel my best netting strat is techer (having played techer the most in Alliance), but the Express/Primary conditions just isn't setup well for it. :/

And yeah, only Express sets with the current ruleset would be valid for comparison, though I don't really know which reset the ruleset last changed.

tduong Game profile

Jan 27th 2012, 16:26:30

the problem with last set was that there were also a ton of techers which made prices suck and everyone else's production high. Commies can compensate for the low prices by production increase with tech and then also buying bus/res/mil. It's only when they pass 40mil net when maintenance cost gets out of control and they can't keep grabbing more land because building costs are extremely high. at 50k acres building cost is over 150k each. That's insane.
Anyways, a short game like express shouldn't be much of a problem for commies even if prices only average $115 as long as tech prices are low. Low prices in primary will hurt commies a lot more because it'll be hard for them to win the land race. The cashers/farmers will own them.

blid

EE Patron

Jan 27th 2012, 22:59:44

Are there any big cashers this set? Doesn't seem like it. Probably explains why tech and military aren't running great. And food hasn't been very high either.

jabberwocky Game profile

Jan 27th 2012, 23:13:36

teching in primary isn't hard. Prices were terrible last set and I still finished with 63M NW. Still not worth it to make mbr switch though, i really think you can only do it in alliance, so ya it's a bit weaker.

Ya this set seems light on cashers, heavy on indy/farmers.

crest23 Game profile

Jan 28th 2012, 1:14:35

Are you talking Express or PRimary?
The Nigerian Nightmare.

tduong Game profile

Jan 28th 2012, 6:39:18

Are you talking Express or PRimary?

i don't know why peeps are talking about other servers but i'm talking about express and only made references as comparison to other servers.

tduong Game profile

Jan 28th 2012, 6:40:48

Originally posted by jfotouhi:
teching in primary isn't hard. Prices were terrible last set and I still finished with 63M NW. Still not worth it to make mbr switch though, i really think you can only do it in alliance, so ya it's a bit weaker.

Ya this set seems light on cashers, heavy on indy/farmers.

and the commies finished much much higher so there you go.

Are there any big cashers this set? Doesn't seem like it. Probably explains why tech and military aren't running great. And food hasn't been very high either.

there were #3 but herbs ABed the crap out of it lmao.

jabberwocky Game profile

Jan 28th 2012, 6:57:58

True enough, but my point was with decent tech prices techers might have been competitive. The set before last a techer finished second, it can happen.

tduong Game profile

Jan 28th 2012, 7:24:10

i agree with you. With decent tech prices, techer can always have decent finish. High tech prices means techers finish better. Low tech prices means techers finish below average.

the original argument was that techers don't necessarily finish better cause of high tech but more of everyone else finish worse. Which is not true.

jabberwocky Game profile

Jan 28th 2012, 7:54:45

Ah, i see what you're referring too. Sorry if i missed it. Looking at past sets, gives a very mixed message. There are robably a lot more complex reasons for lower overall finishes.

tduong Game profile

Jan 28th 2012, 17:55:33

yeah there are a lot more reasons to change to overall pictures. Like not enough cashers will really hurt techers and CIs. Not enough farmers will hurt the cashers first and the CI as they get bigger and more military.

You just gotta pick a strat and stay with it or change it hoping that it's the right choice lol

blid

EE Patron

Jan 28th 2012, 18:18:53

Looking at the turret price stats on eestats shows this round right now ranking 111th out of 113 rounds. Historically low price. Hope you aren't trying a MBR this set.

tduong Game profile

Jan 28th 2012, 18:39:25

I will do MBR. The cashers will come out. I promise!!

blid

EE Patron

Jan 28th 2012, 23:39:53

Millions of goods now selling under $100.