Verified:

blid

EE Patron

Feb 2nd 2012, 13:01:08

If someone bounces on you, I do think you have a little extra incentive to attack them later, but in my opinion, a retal for a bounce is more like a "landgrab" than a "retal." You're not "recovering" any land because no land was lost to begin with. Anyway that's my thoughts, see ya
Originally posted by Mr. Titanium:
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

Deerhunter Game profile

Feb 2nd 2012, 13:05:59

If yuo bounce on me i will retal that. It is not my fault you do not know how to do math. Also, consider i did loose military in the attempted grab. There are no free rides in this game. You ROR and consider your set ruined.
Ya, tho i walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I shall fear no retals,
Cause i have the biggest, baddest, and toughest country in the valley!

Deerhunter Game profile

Feb 2nd 2012, 13:06:33

Do not make the same mistake JJ did. I know you or almost anyone else would be better at war than him but do not ROR.
I shall fear no retals,

blid

EE Patron

Feb 2nd 2012, 13:13:16

It's not a retal on retal, it's a retal on a landgrab

It's not your fault if I can't do math but it does mean you didn't lose any land...

Who's with me?? YEAH!!!!
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

blid

EE Patron

Feb 2nd 2012, 13:16:56

You just want free land Deerhunter, admit it!!

tduong Game profile

Feb 2nd 2012, 14:06:13

A failed LG is still 1 hit.
Originally posted by blid:
I haven't had a wrong opinion in years

TNTroXxor Game profile

Feb 2nd 2012, 14:07:01

Who doesnt lol...
Originally posted by JJ23:
i havent been deleted since last set

blid

EE Patron

Feb 2nd 2012, 14:33:07

Originally posted by TNTroXxor:

Who doesnt lol...
Yeah, I've retaled bounces before and every time I've thought "wow this is so stupid" but at the same time "but might as well take the free land!" That's why I thought I'd put it down now that retals on bounces... might not always be free! Because... it's stupid!

maverickmd Game profile

Feb 2nd 2012, 14:40:26

A bounce is free land from a player that messed up. End of story.

in alliance we may let it go due to good will, but there is no mercy in express. Just drools, especially if the retal can need you 2000+ acres if it was a bounced bottom feed

blid

EE Patron

Feb 2nd 2012, 14:48:51

yah so it's ridiculous and everyone knows it, so why should it be that way?

Azz Kikr Game profile

Wiki Mod

Feb 2nd 2012, 15:40:01

how is this an issue. don't grab if you can't break and it'll never be a problem. consider it a tax on stupid and suck it up.

blid

EE Patron

Feb 2nd 2012, 15:44:07

Nobody succeeds 100% of the time. There's no logical reason why someone who only lost some military should be "entitled" to a big landgrab without the possibility of being hit back. Not saying they always will be or should be, but if you think it doesn't make sense to hit back or it's wrong or something, you're nuts! Some people just never question the way things work, in life or in this game...

Menion Game profile

Feb 2nd 2012, 16:14:54

If I go to punch you and you block it, are you then not entitled to try and hit me back?

blid

EE Patron

Feb 2nd 2012, 16:19:05

maybe, but if you do, don't you expect a fight? i'm not saying it's not ok to hit back, sure it is, but it shouldn't be a free punch.

Xinhuan Game profile

Feb 2nd 2012, 17:05:10

Blid, thing is, if everyone followed the same set of "rules" agreed on server wide (which seems to be that retals on bounces are fine), then no one is treated unfairly - it even encourages players to be a better player - i.e don't bounce grabs!

blid

EE Patron

Feb 2nd 2012, 17:12:46

Everyone is treated unfairly if it is an unfair rule. What you mean is no one is treated differently.

Xinhuan Game profile

Feb 2nd 2012, 17:17:58

Well yes. But you got the point.

PowerOfLight Game profile

Feb 2nd 2012, 20:11:05

The retal is for the "attack". If you "bounced" the attack, it's your tough luck. Expecting people to eat military losses from your failed attack, then not retal the attack because you failed your attack is "REALLY STUPID".

so, you're the guy who failed the attack huh?

blid

EE Patron

Feb 2nd 2012, 20:29:33

I almost never fail attacks, actually. im over 95%, which is better than you. If you hate eating military losses so much (hah like you really care) then why do you think the other person should eat land losses when they didn't take any land? Let's please be honest and admit a land loss is 100x more costly than the meaningless military losses you don't like eating.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 2nd 2012, 20:30:47

*grabs a bag of popcorn*
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

tduong Game profile

Feb 2nd 2012, 20:39:35

you can say whatever you want. The fact is you took your chance and missed. Now it's my turn. Even if everyone disagree with this, I have GDI on my side and GDI doesn't give a fluff about your morals lmao.

Don't like it then ror and pick a card out of a full deck hope to get the Queen of Hearts. Your chances of not having a parking lot when you log back in is as good as that.

blid

EE Patron

Feb 2nd 2012, 20:41:43

Well tduong, you make a good point that the second guy has GDI on his side. I'm convinced that's the only reason people get away with it.

Feb 2nd 2012, 20:46:00

If you do not want to pay out a failed grab to a retal then by all means go allX and avoid the possibility. If I do a land grab, but fail, I fully expect to be retalled. The other person DOES eat the land loss because every player has the right to retal the attacks made on them, whether successful or not. Of course the land loss is more costly but so sad, too bad. Over send and don't fail, but expecting the other player to forget his retal!!! Never going to happen.

blid

EE Patron

Feb 2nd 2012, 20:49:58

Originally posted by PowerOfLight:
The other person DOES eat the land loss because every player has the right to retal the attacks made on them, whether successful or not.
Players have "the right" to do whatever they want. Even if, in this case, it doesn't make sense. Well, I guess hitting someone who bounced on you makes sense because of GDI pressure not to hit back, but imo it's more of a landgrab than a retal. And obviously, I have "the right" to treat it as such if I want.

tduong Game profile

Feb 2nd 2012, 20:52:21

everyone is born selfish. They will always live selfish and will always do things for themselves.

"but tduong the philanthropists..." they do it for "their" reasons and only they can benefit from that specific reason. It just so happen their actions benefit other people more.

If the president says he will pardon me for any crime i may commit next. You bet your ass I'm going go for the biggest crime that nets me the biggest gains lmao. And i wouldn't care so much what happens to anyone else(except my family and friends) as long as nobody gets killed.

tduong Game profile

Feb 2nd 2012, 20:54:42

just do whatever you want as long as you are willing to accept the consequences and moral dilemna.

Feb 2nd 2012, 20:56:01

sure you can treat it as you want. I'm certainly not presuming I can tell you you can't be a blidiot if you choose to be one.:) Of course any player in the game today would make sure you'll be toasted by next login, as was pointed out already.

Azz Kikr Game profile

Wiki Mod

Feb 2nd 2012, 20:59:04

blid, i get that you want to question the "establishment", but you sure pick some funny fights.
retals on a bounced hit are not protected by GDI, it's a construct that's been around since well before express existed, to say nothing about the shiny version of GDI we get in here.
honestly, i think the best analogy is menion's. whether it's "right" to fight or not, if you toss a punch at me, you damn well better expect one coming back, whether yours hits or not.

Pain Game profile

Feb 2nd 2012, 21:00:20

if you pull a gun on me and shoot at me and miss, should i not shoot back?
Your mother is a nice woman

blid

EE Patron

Feb 2nd 2012, 21:04:33

Originally posted by Pain:
Menion already made that exact argument. Go for it, but you may find yourself in a gunfight (or fistfight in Menion's argument).
Originally posted by Azz Kikr:
blid, i get that you want to question the "establishment", but you sure pick some funny fights.
retals on a bounced hit are not protected by GDI, it's a construct that's been around since well before express existed, to say nothing about the shiny version of GDI we get in here.
honestly, i think the best analogy is menion's. whether it's "right" to fight or not, if you toss a punch at me, you damn well better expect one coming back, whether yours hits or not.
You guys don't seem to get what I'm saying. By all means if you WANT to hit the person back for the bounce, do. But when you gain 1000 acres after they took nothing, I think they're justified in treating it in a landgrab and shoving you back. The "free land" concept over retals is funny enough already, but over bounces it gets even funnier.

Pain Game profile

Feb 2nd 2012, 21:07:28

Menion already made that exact argument. Go for it, but you may find yourself in a gunfight (or fistfight in Menion's argument).
Originally posted by Azz Kikr:
You guys don't seem to get what I'm saying. By all means if you WANT to hit the person back for the bounce, do. But when you gain 1000 acres after they took nothing, I think they're justified in treating it in a landgrab and shoving you back. The "free land" concept over retals is funny enough already, but over bounces it gets even funnier.

kinda hard to be in a gunfight because unlike the other person, i dont miss :)

Feb 2nd 2012, 21:10:12

The definition of that gameplay scenario is RoR. You know that as well as anyone else playing the game. Make that your game policy and let us know how that works out for ya.

Azz Kikr Game profile

Wiki Mod

Feb 2nd 2012, 21:10:21

no, i'm pretty sure we all get that just fine. i'm also pretty sure that if you want to take that RoR (because that's what it is, whether you wish it weren't or not), you're pretty much dropping your pants and bending over. and turning it from "free 1000 acres" to "free AB/BR/Chemdump"

blid

EE Patron

Feb 2nd 2012, 21:10:31

kinda hard to be in a gunfight because unlike the other person, i dont miss :)

well then the analogy breaks down because a grabbed country doesn't die

blid

EE Patron

Feb 2nd 2012, 21:12:13

The definition of that gameplay scenario is RoR. You know that as well as anyone else playing the game. Make that your game policy and let us know how that works out for ya.
It's a more fair and sensible policy than giving up 1000 acres for a bounce. If people want to war over it, whatever.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 2nd 2012, 21:29:21

*munch munch munch*
Popcorn anyone?
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)

Nuketon Game profile

Feb 2nd 2012, 22:08:25

I think you stand alone on this one blid.

If you fail your grab, tough... If you grab me, I retal and fail, I would not expect to take another without consequence just because I didn't get my land back. Therefore if I fail a grab on someone, I have to realize I messed up and there's a chance I will lose out on this deal.

One for one regardless of the results..... anything more and you are asking for trouble.

Nacho Game profile

Feb 2nd 2012, 22:17:31

this wont break tdoung's 155 post thread. imho. :)

Deerhunter Game profile

Feb 2nd 2012, 22:31:53

let me help you out blid. From now on only hit countries who can not possible hit you back. It will limit you to real small countries and small land but you will be able to look the rest of the server in the eye and say you were morally right.
I shall fear no retals,

TheTruth

Feb 2nd 2012, 23:19:39

It's a more fair and sensible policy than giving up 1000 acres for a bounce. If people want to war over it, whatever.

not gonna be much of a war

You = country A
me = country B

you attack me. bounce
i RETAL you. 1000A
you ROR me. 1500A

i save 200 turns. get a head start, and AB/BR you.

you. login with 30 pct of your buildings left= worthless country that can no longer do damage to me. so no its not a war its provoking someone to pwn you. at this point you would prob have to drop half your land and sell max military just to play turns.. and assuming you had missiles, i would have diffused those inbetween the AB/BR to gain back readiness.

so you have 0 missiles, basically no buildings, and no cash. unless you were already some kind of tyr govt, and we all know blid you never play try, youre done.

THE TRUTH SHALL SET YOU FREE.

blid

EE Patron

Feb 2nd 2012, 23:27:36

Tyranny
-------
1. 24,138,987 NW (Round 75 - Grasy yo #119) - afaik
2. 24,011,259 NW (Round 104 - Accidentally On Purpose #84) - oldman
3. 23,296,439 NW (Round 105 - Year end bonus is here #56) - oldman
4. 22,588,974 NW (Round 76 - BUTTLAND #71) - Buttman
5. 22,192,663 NW (Round 100 - Cuba #1) - blid

TheTruth

Feb 2nd 2012, 23:33:34

round 100. what was that, about 4 months ago?

gg. how bout the rest of the post, you gonna refute that too?

blid

EE Patron

Feb 2nd 2012, 23:43:38

dont care about it, of course they could do that if they feel like it and have the tanks or whatever. but to be honest, it's a game of chicken. i have nothing to play for except my own amusement. i've won, i've made the 30m club (as far as im concerned), ive been in the top ten enough times not to care about it, so ill take the risk. they might parking lot me but just taking the turns to do it means they have to be willing to throw out their round too.

Edited By: blid on Feb 3rd 2012, 0:57:10
See Original Post

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 3rd 2012, 1:06:46

ABs are for n00bs, save 360 go for the kill :)
(•_•)

Pain Game profile

Feb 3rd 2012, 2:44:31

thats what i do.

Jiman Game profile

Feb 3rd 2012, 5:19:51

You attempt to hit me once, I attempt to hit you once.

Its that simple.

If you fail the hit, it means you fail. You lost. Dont cry about it.

You made me loss military for your hit.
Should I ignore the military loss on my country? WIll you FA me rep? O you cant because its express, there for I have every right to make a retal.

If you retal my retal, you can pretty much say good bye to your reset.

TNTroXxor Game profile

Feb 3rd 2012, 5:36:06

I'm morally obligated to retail the dude who bounced on me if it benefits me (good land return,reasonable break etc)

Most of the people here either pry on bottom feeding,other go for topfeeds, IMO a bounced grab basically means ur-land-belongs-to-me...at least for 1 hit.

Well of course if the dude who failed the grab is someone I know.. Say it's u blid and u send a goodwill msg in game, I would then ascertain how ur set would fare and if I think u have a good chance of winning the set I might consider overlooking the retal.

Everyone that post here knows how to grab and do simple math. They each have their own reason, some retal for the free land, some out of principle, some out of spite even. In this case I think it's all legitimate reasons regardless. If someone did not retal on the notion that they didn't lose any land and only a little military, that's just plain dumb.

I'm confused...why are we discussing this again???
Originally posted by JJ23:
i havent been deleted since last set

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 3rd 2012, 6:18:31

<3 TNT
(•_•)

Jackelope Game profile

Feb 3rd 2012, 8:25:17

i like to retal bounces... free land

Menion Game profile

Feb 3rd 2012, 9:12:22

Tbh I do understand where blid is coming from. In the spirit of sportmanship and fair play, it would prob be right to not retal a bounced attack. Since FA can not be offered to cover the costs, a retal has to be taken. Another thing is that retalling hits often makes people have second thoughts about hitting you.