Verified:

Drinks Game profile

Nov 27th 2011, 5:10:26

I would disagree mike. I think what you just posted proves that it is more a netting game than a war game.

All of these quotes imply building a stronger economy to be succesful. AKA netting.
"take control of your nation's military and economy"
"Execute attack strategies to relieve opponents of their resources and land"
"Strategically invest in technology to outpace the economies of other countries"
"Conduct military operations, govern your country and build your empire."

These quotes could imply killing
'Command your country's military to attack and defend against your enemies'

But this also includes LGing

Never once does it say. Kill your opponent. Remove your opponents civillians. Crush the opponents population. Decimate your enemies countryside.

It all suggests outgrowing your enemies through your economy and acquiring your enemies resources.

Edited By: Drinks on Nov 27th 2011, 5:13:18
See Original Post
<Drinks> going to bed
<Drinks> pm me if I get hit
<-- Drinks is now known as DrinksInBed -->
<DrinksInBed> looks like I'm an alcoholic

DeDLySMuRF Game profile

Nov 27th 2011, 7:32:16

*Waves*

Self Farming is why I am no longer playing on this server. Enjoy playing with yourselves...

(BTW... The game has Troops, Jets, Tanks, Spys and Turrets... What part of that screams that this game is about NW? To me that sounds like a war game... Just Saying...)
FFA Server - Paragon of Duality
Alliance Server - Moral Decay

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Nov 27th 2011, 7:42:28

I can clear up the confusion if you like.

jagernacht Game profile

Nov 27th 2011, 11:08:14

Lol I love drinks' post and how it assumes All these are for netting

All of these quotes imply building a stronger economy to be succesful. AKA netting.
"take control of your nation's military and economy"

^--- isn't a military also required for attacking as much as defending?

"Execute attack strategies to relieve opponents of their resources and land"

^---- pop and land are resources that get relieved upon death

"Strategically invest in technology to outpace the economies of other countries"

^---- better war countries require better tech, obviously?

"Conduct military operations, govern your country and build your empire."

^--- hmm, so stocking is one form of governance, as is warfare.

Drinks is being so biased it hurts, I swear!

Why does this game have to be one or the other ? Why can't it be both! Pang and qzjul decided to be ambiguous to leave the game as it should be, up to the user.
and I'd love to see netters net when they get hit by warring clans ;) then they can say "this is a netting game , you can't do that "

And just for you drinks

Never once does it say get the highest net worth. Stock after you reach a land goal. Plan bushel buyouts. Prepare for a strategic destock. Calculate your predicted finish.

It really sounds weird to see someone as wise as you get so meticulous!

Edited By: jagernacht on Nov 27th 2011, 11:13:30
See Original Post
they call meh juggsy!!!
AIM: juggernautnbk
MSN:
E-Mail:
http://www.LegendsAtEarth.com

Drinks Game profile

Nov 27th 2011, 11:43:39

Lol juggsy. I only post my extreme posts because its exactly what all the 'warrers' do.

They come on the boards and cant see past their own blind views. Anything that they dont do or dont like is considered bad.

So i join in and go the extreme opposite and start telling them everything they do in warring should be classed as cheating (eg FAing restarts).

I like netting and warring in this game almost equally.

If your a warrer, why do you care what us netters do. If your a netter and you dont like it then yes vioce your opinion, but when voicing your opinion how about you provide a solution. And in the mean time, look at almost all the netters on this server, almost all of them do it and almost all the people i talk to in my clan enjoy doing it. So it seems that is what a large proportion of people enjoy doing.
<Drinks> going to bed
<Drinks> pm me if I get hit
<-- Drinks is now known as DrinksInBed -->
<DrinksInBed> looks like I'm an alcoholic

ZIP Game profile

Nov 27th 2011, 12:50:49

Originally posted by Pain:
well the arguement can go both ways, but as it stands current rankings are based on networth. you dont get to first place by having the most kills.

* winner
fluff your 300 Spartans fool - i have 32 of the biggest fluffed mother fluffers made of titanium !!
A brigade from Blackstreetboyz (#91) has invaded your lands! Your defenses held against the invaders and forced them away! Your military lost:1 Troops

m0bzta Game profile

Nov 27th 2011, 13:01:35

in the old days Self farming did happen i remember ...
you just would farm your untag country it was frond a pond if you did it with in your clan and was killed most of the time by untaggs but it still people didn't like it and still don't

so that's my 2 cent

nobody care mob
Yeah i am a Big Deal Around EarthEmpires
----------------------------
http://loc.ghqnet.com/
-Still doing what i do since 2000-mob bot
V12.╰(◣﹏◢)�

Twain Game profile

Nov 27th 2011, 13:54:09

Originally posted by Pain:
well the arguement can go both ways, but as it stands current rankings are based on networth. you dont get to first place by having the most kills.

You win the game by having the highest networth.

Saying EE is a war game is like saying hockey is all about fighting or football is all about laying out some wide receiver across the middle.

Hockey is about scoring more goals than your opposition. Football is about scoring more points than the opposition. This game is about having a higher networth than the opposition.

Sure, there are strategic reasons to war, and sure, it can be fun, which is enough reason for some people to look for wars every set, but to WIN the game, you get yourself the biggest country you possibly can.

Twain Game profile

Nov 27th 2011, 13:55:16

Originally posted by DeDLySMuRF:
*Waves*

Self Farming is why I am no longer playing on this server. Enjoy playing with yourselves...

(BTW... The game has Troops, Jets, Tanks, Spys and Turrets... What part of that screams that this game is about NW? To me that sounds like a war game... Just Saying...)

Poker has kings and queens. Is it a game that centers around royalty?

diez Game profile

Nov 27th 2011, 14:13:44

There's two ways of winning in this game.

One is by attaining the highest networth. Netting is technically the only way to attain this.

The other is winning people's respect. War is one of many ways of attaining this.

KingKaosKnows

Nov 27th 2011, 14:15:10

Owned.

KingKaosKnows

Nov 27th 2011, 14:18:36

Technicaly the only way to win is netting, earning respect is more a comunity thing... Ask anyone how to win in primary/tourney/express and the answer will always be (do everything in your power to be big).

In clan based servers warring was a side product, and high netowrth was/is the end goal.

Twain Game profile

Nov 27th 2011, 17:46:17

Originally posted by diez:
There's two ways of winning in this game.

One is by attaining the highest networth. Netting is technically the only way to attain this.

The other is winning people's respect. War is one of many ways of attaining this.

But your second definition isn't the way victory is defined in the game. Furthermore, for many clans, they only war for the hope of being able to netgain in the future. Clans like PAN and TKO have fought wars to show that they're not pushovers, but it's because we hope to get back to netgaining after the war.

I'm not arguing that warring is wrong or anything like that. If it makes you happy, you should play the game that way. However, the purpose of the game can be determined by looking at how you win. You win by having the most networth.

Dibs Ludicrous Game profile

Nov 27th 2011, 17:53:29

only solution is to war net. eliminate everybody above you.
There are no messages in your Inbox.
Elvis has left the building.