Verified:

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 3rd 2023, 19:24:34

Went to the doctor for the first time in....idk 15 years because I'm a stubborn guy. Had this sore throat that's been getting worse for about 10 days, and Philly is in its worst strep endemic in history atm. Figured I needed antibiotics and as those aren't available without a script, I had to suck up my manhood and visit.

So I'm at the doc and they run a series of tests on me. The rapid strep test comes back positive as expected, but because I waited so long I was a Lil beyond amoxicillin because other health effects were on and they had to go full z-pak and steroids etc.

Anyways, doc is listening to me breathe and asks if I have asthma. I said "well, my pediatrician gave me a inhaler as a kid because I had baby asthma, and then again in the 8th grade because I had sports related asthma. They never wrote a script tho. They just gave me like sample inhalers"

Doc just goes "sheeesh. So there is no such thing as having baby asthma, teen asthma and adult weezing separately. You've just always had asthma asthma. Have you ever had panic attacks or anxiety disorders?"
"Yeah...a lot more when I was younger. Now maybe once or twice a year."
"Well, it sounds a lot to me like your guardian just didn't want to pay for you to breathe well. No offense, but those are probably just asthma attacks."

I grew up very very very poor. And at this point in the conversation I can just hear my dear sweet mother saying "what I'm supposed to do? I can't pay $50 a fluffin week for inhalers." And all this panic disorder fluff I've dealt with my whole life has continuously felt like I couldn't breathe. That's always been the main symptom for me.

So anyways, they write me an albuterol script with the steroids and antibiotics. And put me on a regular schedule of treating my asthma. And I'm telling you, I've never breathed without effort in my life. I feel like a blind person who can see for the first time. It's completely insane I've been struggling to breathe my whole life unnecessarily. Today, while in horrible pain from bronchospasms and strep, I feel better and happier than I ever have, because for the first time in my life it isn't a struggle to breathe.

My point to all of this, while also very high on prescription medication, is that I love y'all and early detection is key to being healthy. Not going to the doctor doesn't make you more of a man, it just makes you deal with more pain and struggle unnecessarily. As we all get to be old as fluff here together, let's make it a point to stay healthy together. Let's make ol Derrick the last one of us to avoid the doc for 15 years, and let's all live forever. <3

HEMPMAN1 Game profile

Jul 3rd 2023, 19:41:27

wow.. crazy.. how much do your inhalers cost you??

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 3rd 2023, 20:17:14

Retail is $45 but with a good RX card it was $24.37 out the door. They last ~25 days. (200 puffs, 8/day)

Turtle Crawler Game profile

Jul 3rd 2023, 20:30:33

Originally posted by DerrickICN:
Retail is $45 but with a good RX card it was $24.37 out the door. They last ~25 days. (200 puffs, 8/day)

Very affordable!

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 3rd 2023, 20:45:10

Yeah honestly the discounts you get for not having insurance in America often make hospital visits cheaper than having insurance but also having a high deductible. Amoxicillin, for example, is $23.99 without insurance. A rapid Strep test is $35. Consultation was $130. Z-pak with GoodRX discount was $19.44. 6 days of methylprednisolone was $10.55

And you can apply for emergency medical insurance thru your DHS for free if something major happens.

If I had insurance with a $500 deductible. I would have paid $410 instead of $230 for this haha. Oh America.....

Edited By: DerrickICN on Jul 3rd 2023, 20:49:13
See Original Post

Tertius Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 3rd 2023, 20:59:47

I bet hemp spends more than that for 200 puffs...

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 3rd 2023, 21:05:02

Originally posted by Tertius:
I bet hemp spends more than that for 200 puffs...
I bet there's roundabout 200 puffs in a quarter ounce of weed. Those are like $60-80 these days...definitely more expensive than albuterol these days, although, it's competitve.

HEMPMAN1 Game profile

Jul 3rd 2023, 21:31:14

I buy my wifes overseas 6 for $39.00.. Ill message you a link..

Suicidal Game profile

Jul 3rd 2023, 21:45:54

Thanks for sharing. Doug should be along soon to give you a hug.

Doug Game profile

Jul 4th 2023, 0:21:47

Awwww Derrick! Dougie glad you’re ok. -hugz- đŸĨ°
Paradigm VP/Senator
My Discord: twink_attack
Contact Auk (Happy on discord) for PDM hFa issues.
His Discord: happytheexceed

HH Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 4th 2023, 7:46:15

Damn! Glad to hear you can breath now! Colon cancer runs in my family so I need to do regular checkups at the doctor but I've been avoiding it 🙈
HeadHunter

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 4th 2023, 16:37:50

Originally posted by HH:
Damn! Glad to hear you can breath now! Colon cancer runs in my family so I need to do regular checkups at the doctor but I've been avoiding it 🙈
Afraid you'll like it too much and start hanging out with me and Doug?

Real Man

Jul 5th 2023, 1:21:39

TIL Derrick was almost as poor as a child as hash is now

wow feelsbadman

m0bzta Game profile

Jul 5th 2023, 3:28:18

Went to the doctor for the first time in....idk 15 years because I'm a stubborn guy. Had this sore throat that's been getting worse for about 10 days, and Philly is in its worst strep endemic in history atm. Figured I needed antibiotics and as those aren't available without a script, I had to suck up my manhood and visit.

So I'm at the doc and they run a series of tests on me. The rapid strep test comes back positive as expected, but because I waited so long I was a Lil beyond amoxicillin because other health effects were on and they had to go full z-pak and steroids etc.

Anyways, doc is listening to me breathe and asks if I have asthma. I said "well, my pediatrician gave me a inhaler as a kid because I had baby asthma, and then again in the 8th grade because I had sports related asthma. They never wrote a script tho. They just gave me like sample inhalers"

Doc just goes "sheeesh. So there is no such thing as having baby asthma, teen asthma and adult weezing separately. You've just always had asthma asthma. Have you ever had panic attacks or anxiety disorders?"
"Yeah...a lot more when I was younger. Now maybe once or twice a year."
"Well, it sounds a lot to me like your guardian just didn't want to pay for you to breathe well. No offense, but those are probably just asthma attacks."

I grew up very very very poor. And at this point in the conversation I can just hear my dear sweet mother saying "what I'm supposed to do? I can't pay $50 a fluffin week for inhalers." And all this panic disorder fluff I've dealt with my whole life has continuously felt like I couldn't breathe. That's always been the main symptom for me.

So anyways, they write me an albuterol script with the steroids and antibiotics. And put me on a regular schedule of treating my asthma. And I'm telling you, I've never breathed without effort in my life. I feel like a blind person who can see for the first time. It's completely insane I've been struggling to breathe my whole life unnecessarily. Today, while in horrible pain from bronchospasms and strep, I feel better and happier than I ever have, because for the first time in my life it isn't a struggle to breathe.

My point to all of this, while also very high on prescription medication, is that I love y'all and early detection is key to being healthy. Not going to the doctor doesn't make you more of a man, it just makes you deal with more pain and struggle unnecessarily. As we all get to be old as fluff here together, let's make it a point to stay healthy together. Let's make ol Derrick the last one of us to avoid the doc for 15 years, and let's all live forever. <3

Takes a real man to own up to his mistakes in his life so you are doing alright ... Bud Glad you are doing good now make sure to get a check up every 2-3 week for now on you dirty bastard.
Yeah i am a Big Deal Around EarthEmpires
----------------------------
http://loc.ghqnet.com/
-Still doing what i do since 2000-mob bot
V12.╰(â—Ŗīšâ—ĸ)īŋŊ

KSFRekuyukai Game profile

Jul 5th 2023, 5:16:46

Meds suck but im pretty sure the wife would destroy my soul if i didnt take them.

whorespower Game profile

Jul 5th 2023, 5:35:59

dude you said your 97 take the damn meds you cant check out on me that quick lol

whorespower Game profile

Jul 5th 2023, 5:38:34

still miss my buddy ted rampon from resist that guy was funny but hes never on we all think he passed

myerr21 Game profile

Jul 5th 2023, 14:21:10

Elders

gains [23:16:55] * Myerr!*@* added to ignore list

cloud-superfly: CP is ok

Mr Gainsboro Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 6th 2023, 6:14:40

Damn Derrick that is pure bullfluff. Meds/appointments for kids should be free.
Don of LaF

Mr Gainsboro Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 6th 2023, 6:17:17

Originally posted by HH:

The prep is fun.

Edited By: Mr Gainsboro on Jul 6th 2023, 6:36:22
Don of LaF

HH Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 6th 2023, 16:42:18

Originally posted by HH:
Afraid you'll like it too much and start hanging out with me and Doug?

Haha I'm sure I'm going to love it!

Originally posted by Mr Gainsboro:
Originally posted by HH:

The prep is fun.

I dont believe you! :)
HeadHunter

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Jul 6th 2023, 17:08:42

'murica.....

Originally posted by HH:

The prep is fun.

😂đŸ˜Ŧ

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

braden Game profile

Jul 7th 2023, 1:13:46

Hi Derrick. Been a while bud. I also grew up poor and also had/have the same breathing issues (ish). For me it only ever happened/happens during stupid hot and humid days or minus 20 c days when the air itself hurts the lungs from cold.
For me, however, in toronto as a child, my inhalers were paid for and now canadian tire fronts that bill as medical plan for adult employees.

D I wish only the best for you. (Your employer pays now for inhalers or..?)

braden Game profile

Jul 7th 2023, 1:14:25

Originally posted by galleri:

'murica.....

Originally posted by HH:

The prep is fun.

😂đŸ˜Ŧ

I know you're kidding.. but no. It isn't;p

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 8th 2023, 2:02:57

Originally posted by braden:
Hi Derrick. Been a while bud. I also grew up poor and also had/have the same breathing issues (ish). For me it only ever happened/happens during stupid hot and humid days or minus 20 c days when the air itself hurts the lungs from cold.
For me, however, in toronto as a child, my inhalers were paid for and now canadian tire fronts that bill as medical plan for adult employees.

D I wish only the best for you. (Your employer pays now for inhalers or..?)

Yeah I saw you on teams forums and didn't have time to say hello. Been shacking up with someone 15 years younger than me and the attention to completely unnecessary details required to execute that are significant. I get like 2 Derrick hours in a week lol.

Currently I don't have health care thru work, but it's in the works. Figuring out how to get everyone on a group plan that runs thru a sister restaurant in Trenton, NJ because the rates will be significantly lower than here in Philly, but honestly it's a back burner item for me. Kinda just part of the 5 year plan for a growing business. And by then I might just be in a position to sell my stake and go golfing haha.

Kill4Free Game profile

Jul 14th 2023, 2:00:58

Really glad you are feeling better Derrick! I can sorta relate as well, I have terrible sleep apnea where every time I enter rem sleep, I stop breathing. I was mentally exhausted all the time no matter how much sleep I got. I got a Cpap about 4 years ago, and immediately after, i would wake up with energy, it was the best feeling ever to feel normal.
So many ways to die, only one way to live...
NBK

Garry Owen Game profile

Jul 17th 2023, 6:30:48

Good for you! We are blessed to live in an age with almost miraculous medical care. I am glad that you finally found some relief and pray that you have many years to enjoy your newfound health!!

And get better from the strep soon. :)