Verified:

Pangaea

Administrator
Game Development

Apr 30th 2010, 16:39:58

Hi,

I've noticed there have been some attempts to bring issues across servers, and present them to community in that context...

While we don't really have strict rules around what content is put on specific server forums, content that has the majority of its relevant to other forums/servers must be put there. It is not appropriate to start discussions around another server's ingame issues and present them as if they are relevant to other servers.

On that topic, many people play other servers in different ways.... for instance, I play Alliance and Team server. On the alliance server, I play in LaF and am bound by the policies they have. I play team with individuals from LaF, WoG, Rage, SoF.... whoever is up for creating a team. We don't have the same values or play the same way we would on the Alliance server.

If people carry things across servers for their own personal reasons, that should be kept between the parties involved. There's too many pure hate threads starting up now, and like I said previously, everyone needs to chill and work to simply avoid each other.

This is an unneeded distraction and there is plenty of blame to go around for the issue I'm obviously speaking of. If I have to get more involved and keep everyone in line, that's fine, but I would like to see everyone just stop the madness and realize that while we may not agree with everything everyone does, we're all in this together.

Step one to rebuilding a proper community is to ensure that the seed community we have is no longer a toxic environment, and rehashing the same grudges over and over again is a major detriment to this goal.

If anyone wants to speak about this in private, please feel free to contact me.
Thanks

Edited By: Pangaea on Apr 30th 2010, 16:43:04
-=Dave=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires' Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

MorTcuS Game profile

Apr 30th 2010, 16:43:03

Recruitment threads are ok right?
174099715 (not in use)

Steam : wargasm1

TAN Game profile

Apr 30th 2010, 16:44:59

SOL is ranked too high.

LaF hax and Evo is jealous of their l33tness.

Discuss.
FREEEEEDOM!!!

Pangaea

Administrator
Game Development

Apr 30th 2010, 16:45:41

Yes, recruitment threads are fine as long as they're done in moderation. They are still subject to the same spamming guidelines that all threads are, but if you post a recruitment thread on another server's board, that is fine.

Very good point, Mortcus.

I think the point I want to really hammer home is that we don't need the kind of threads where it's basically like "hey everyone, look at what this person did on another server! that has direct implications on how they will play on this server!" when I don't actually believe that is the case for the majority of players.
-=Dave=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires' Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

AoS Game profile

Apr 30th 2010, 16:51:19

...I see what you do in FFA, Pang...

*shifty eyes*
The dreamer is banished to obscurity.

SolidSnake Game profile

Apr 30th 2010, 17:55:19

lame.

Eric171 Game profile

May 1st 2010, 0:28:38

we need more hate. :P

cypress Game profile

May 1st 2010, 1:46:06

/spreads the hate

Hobo Game profile

May 1st 2010, 3:22:13

"SOL is ranked too high.

LaF hax and Evo is jealous of their l33tness.

Discuss. "

Confirmed.

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

May 1st 2010, 12:29:00

I agree 100% with pang, carrying issues across servers most of the time is rather silly.
you are all special in the eyes of fluff
(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

RUN IT IS A KILLER BUNNY!!!

AoS Game profile

May 1st 2010, 16:43:11

Originally posted by martian:
I agree 100% with pang, carrying issues across servers most of the time is rather silly.

I'm quoting martian, just to see how this thing works. Also, I agree with pang and martian. Also, poopy doo doo caca shlong. That is all.

Edited By: AoS on May 1st 2010, 16:43:24

kemo Game profile

May 1st 2010, 17:46:39

stop actin like morals are simply something we can buy on ebay :(
all praised to ra

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

May 3rd 2010, 17:26:33

why not?:) I have some beech front property in nevada you might want to buy too:)
you are all special in the eyes of fluff
(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

RUN IT IS A KILLER BUNNY!!!

AoS Game profile

May 3rd 2010, 17:57:09

and I've got some dessert front property in florida you could get for cheep ;)