Verified:

Klown Game profile

May 2nd 2010, 2:14:18

Have you ever seen more one-sided officiating? The refs are so clearly favoring Cleveland its disgusting... the NBA should just disappear if they can't get a handle on this problem. Its awful.

AoS Game profile

May 2nd 2010, 2:45:35

The Vikings/Saints game was probably just as bad.
The dreamer is banished to obscurity.

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

May 2nd 2010, 2:46:31

Yarrrrrr

mrford Game profile

May 2nd 2010, 3:02:23

viks saints game was stupid

there were atleast 5 roughing the passer calls on farve that wernt called
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

kemo Game profile

May 2nd 2010, 4:53:56

thats a wussy rule anyway. if he wanted to be safe he'd be in the band
all praised to ra

AoS Game profile

May 2nd 2010, 5:08:55

Yeah, it's not like anyone doesn't need their spine snapped because the other team is scared of losing.

Edited By: AoS on May 2nd 2010, 5:09:05

hoop Game profile

May 2nd 2010, 7:35:32

Did you watch a single college game this year? I saw in their entirety at least 50 college games this season. There wasn't a well called game in the bunch. Baseball is just painful to watch with god knows what will count as a strike. As already mentioned the NFL play calls are often confusing at best. "they called holding there but not on the 50 other holds?" The home team in a game one often gets some help from the refs. This is just how it goes. Game 3 expect the celtics to get a few more calls. Refs are humans and they often will favor the home team...those 30k screaming fans have an impact on the games.

That said the NBA really needs to stop having geriatrics out there. If you can no longer see, you can't be a ref!

Klown Game profile

May 2nd 2010, 12:44:23

Its rare that in other sports I say to myself that there is no doubt the refs caused the outcome of the game. Last night I am certain the Cavs wouldn't have won without the refs.

MorTcuS Game profile

May 2nd 2010, 13:04:25

Hockey refs are more neutral ^^.
174099715 (not in use)

Steam : wargasm1

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

May 2nd 2010, 13:32:21

Yeah the refs were bad. I'm all for letting them play a little and not call weak fouls but when you only call them for one side it gets retarded.

kemo Game profile

May 2nd 2010, 15:56:10

Originally posted by AoS:
Yeah, it's not like anyone doesn't need their spine snapped because the other team is scared of losing.

its a contact sport and the world is becomin more and more fluff footed. dont wanna get hurt dont play
all praised to ra

Pangaea

Administrator
Game Development

May 2nd 2010, 15:56:39

morctus: NHL is bad for it this year as well in the playoffs....

refs were favouring Phoenix, the Sharks, the King and the Caps.... 3 of the 4 lost still, but it was pretty ridiculous....

that vikings saints game was BAD though, i remember watching it and thinking "wow, they really want new orleans to win the superbowl..."
-=Dave=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires' Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

archaic Game profile

May 2nd 2010, 17:05:46

I think the network execs get to pick the officiating crew in the playoffs. "Just make sure we have drama! Make sure the underdog gets in, and for heavens sake - don't let any small market teams advance unless they have a good heartwarming story that will draw viewers!"
Cheating Mod Hall of Shame: Dark Morbid, Turtle Crawler, Sov

Soviet Game profile

May 2nd 2010, 17:29:36

I read the title as "This is why NBK sucks", which would also make a great discussion thread. :)
Imaginary Numbers
http://www.letskillstuff.org

kemo Game profile

May 2nd 2010, 17:56:45

i always said patriots winnin it all right after 9-11 was fixed
all praised to ra

Ayahuasca Game profile

May 2nd 2010, 19:39:28

the NHL has some good refs, the ones that let a lot of physical play go, but the nhl also has some horrid refs, real horrid.

AoS Game profile

May 2nd 2010, 20:30:04

Originally posted by kemo:
Originally posted by AoS:

its a contact sport and the world is becomin more and more fluff footed. dont wanna get hurt dont play

No, the Saint's were plain old pussies. They were afraid of a FORTY YEAR OLD MAN. By your reasoning, if the entire Vikings team piled on Roethlisberger and got a few kicks in, we could go "It's a contact sport, stop whining." Stupid excuse for bad sportsmanship.

kemo Game profile

May 2nd 2010, 21:06:36

tough it up is exactly what id say. if you sign the damn contract allowin 300lb men to level you then you need not fluff when they do just that. players got along just fine years ago without all the rules and pads

if wantin less pansies is poor sportsmanship then yes im guilty.

well that and i make the worlds excellentest cheeseless grilled cheese
all praised to ra

Hick

May 2nd 2010, 22:18:37

If it were not for the refs, every team in the world would be undefeated. everyone wants to blame the refs when their team loses.

Klown Game profile

May 2nd 2010, 22:24:36

I'm not a fan of any team in the NBA, I just want to be able to enjoy a game every once in a while without it being ruined by the refs.

zloiche Game profile

May 2nd 2010, 22:30:08

ive never watched a NBA game, so go timberwolves LMAO

hoop Game profile

May 2nd 2010, 22:40:46

I didn't watch the game so I really can't comment on that one game. The points in the paint number and free throw number certainly raises and eyebrow. The celtics however lost the game on turnovers.

RaHL_DK

May 3rd 2010, 1:42:24

AHHAHA are you kidding, have you ever watched Cleveland sports?

We had to throw beer bottles before cause we were blatantly cheated!!

GO Cavs!!!

and Rondo is awesome!
The Death Knights
IMP aFA
-ICQ#413318945
-
http://www.boxcarhosting.com/...start.php?clanID=DKnights

hoop Game profile

May 5th 2010, 0:35:25

Cheated? As I pointed out just based on box score numbers the free throw gap is noticeably different or two teams with similar paint shot/points. But it was one game. The celtics just murdered the cavs in game 2 so it was a non issue. Over the course of the series if that game one trend were to continue then one could argue for bias in the refs. BTW if someone were to fix a series you wouldn't start in game one of a series where the cavs *should* be considerable favorites.

Klown Game profile

May 7th 2010, 23:48:03

the Cleveland Refaliers are back tonight.

hoop Game profile

May 8th 2010, 6:37:56

Why are you even watching that series? Other than Rondo I can't think of another player I'd want to actually watch play there. That said give me a break...the game wasn't even remotely close.

Maybe I should start crying over the refs with my spurs losing to the damn suns...or I could accept the better team is winning that series (or you know call it a fluke that the suns are shooting like they are).

Strife Game profile

May 8th 2010, 7:29:34

Goran Dragic just owned Spurs single handedly.... LMAO

LeftyHa8er Game profile

May 8th 2010, 7:31:09

yea the suns are HOTT hot but i think the lakers match up better with the suns then the spurs do. but the lakers bench is going to have to play better cuz the suns bench is rolling

Strife Game profile

May 8th 2010, 7:39:29

I dont think Suns stand much of a chance against Lakers, unless Kobe injures himself (LOL) and/or Robin Fropez returns to protect the basket.

As a Suns fan though, its amazing enough to see them finally get revenge against Spurs for all the playoff exits in the past few years.

LeftyHa8er Game profile

May 8th 2010, 7:45:52

suns pg is better and your bench is better so i think is a 6 game series suns vs lakers lakers in 6 hard fought games

whos better
PG Suns
SG Lakers
SF slight edge to Lakers
PF Tie
C Lakers

Bench Suns but Lakers have the best bench player

yes the lakers have the edge but if your shooters stay hot u got a shot but my lakers are trying to repeat so bring it i am looking forward to the games so much better than the Jazz they bore me

Edited By: LeftyHa8er on May 8th 2010, 7:56:36

hoop Game profile

May 8th 2010, 14:28:54

The lakers aren't playing well at all in the playoffs. Pasol won't be much better than Duncan if they use similar defensive rotations on those screens. The lakers are a better shot blocking and rebounding team than the spurs are so that helps them. Kobe isn't going to win 4 games for the lakers so I'm not sure how that really factors in. Nash is clearly a better player than Kobe at this point.

Then again if the suns can't shoot like they are against the spurs they've very beatable. The spurs very easily could extend this series if the suns just stop shooting lights out.

Though the suns imo won't match up well with the magic or Cavs for that matter.

Strife Game profile

May 8th 2010, 14:51:22

I agree with that last bit, as much as I want the Suns to win, I dont fancy the idea of them facing the best 3-point shooting team in the NBA + Superman or Lebron, it'll prolly be a nubstomp of the ugly kind :(((((((

BlackMamba Game profile

May 8th 2010, 15:24:25

No way Nash is better than Kobe. Kobe had injury problems for most of the 2nd half and it seems like he's finally healing up a little (outside of his screwed up fingers which needs to get surgery on).

Suns are going to be lucky to win 2 games against the Lakers IMO. The Thunder are going to be the toughest team the Lakers face until the finals.

Lakers have been on point pretty much since game 6 against the Thunder and "turned it on" after that.

Lakers having a glaring weakness with Fisher and Farmar playing PG though, both are probably the worst defensive PG tandem in the league.

RaHL_DK

May 8th 2010, 15:50:08

Originally posted by hoop:
Why are you even watching that series? Other than Rondo I can't think of another player I'd want to actually watch play there. That said give me a break...the game wasn't even remotely close.

Maybe I should start crying over the refs with my spurs losing to the damn suns...or I could accept the better team is winning that series (or you know call it a fluke that the suns are shooting like they are).

Are you Kidding, Watching LeBron play is only reason i watch! I admit rondo is awesome, but only one other player in the league can dominate the way LeBron does, and that is Kobe. You can focus your whole effort on stopping them and they will still get a Triple double on ya!
The Death Knights
IMP aFA
-ICQ#413318945
-
http://www.boxcarhosting.com/...start.php?clanID=DKnights

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

May 8th 2010, 18:18:35

the solution is clearly robot referees
Finally did the signature thing.

Viceroy Game profile

May 8th 2010, 18:33:25

Why not have robot players too? It would eliminate the competitive imbalance the smaller markets face.

Edited By: Viceroy on May 8th 2010, 18:33:58
And, Monsters, do not forget to specify, when time and place shall serve, that I am an ass.

hoop Game profile

May 8th 2010, 23:43:41

Mamba, simply couldn't disagree more. Kobe isn't nearly as good as he used to be. What like 15th in PER? He's played lack luster team ball this year. His defense has also dropped off. I mean sure for a 10 minute stretch he can take over a game like well nobody outside of Lebron, Paul, and maybe Durtant but for 48 minutes Nash is unquestionably the better player right now. It's a point guard league after all. (which btw sucks...bring back hand checks, get rid of that stupid box, and stop all the stupid technicals for good hard fouls)

Oh and worst defensive point guards...I nominate the raptors for that one. Hell pick a position and I think they are top 3 for worst defenders at the spot....bosh can kinda play defense I guess.

Rahl, Lebron imo is the least interesting all-star I've ever seen. Add in that the offense of the cavs is the worst since well...the Cav's of the late 90's and what else is there to say? Watching a guy who isn't even the same species as me dominate because it's bigger, faster, and stronger than everyone else just isn't interesting. Watching him do it through isolation plays on the wing is even worse. He's worse than Shaq at his prime and at least shaq always had a side kick who was fun to watch and the offense could move the ball.

braden Game profile

May 9th 2010, 11:17:20

bobby clarke would've tapped lebrons ankle in the second game. basketball is for little girls.

hoop Game profile

May 9th 2010, 22:31:38

Rondo!!!! Good lord.

hoop Game profile

May 10th 2010, 2:59:52

I was wrong. This suns team was just built to beat the spurs. Grant Hill can SHUT down Manu. We already knew Amare was a match up nightmare for the spurs. But who knew that sun's bench could be that good even on the road? That is a legitimately good defensive team and about the fastest I've seen (well more a function of their passing and shooting). I just can't see them doing this against the size of the lakers. Then again can the lakers go with 2 bigs vs this team? Can bynum even play as slow as he is?

Strife Game profile

May 14th 2010, 5:05:24

Bye Lebron :)

Devestation Game profile

May 14th 2010, 5:17:42

I'm Australian. The only bad referreeing decision I've ever cared about was Australia VS Italy at the last world cup. If that one was corrected, Italy wouldn't have gotten past the first round.

Dragonlance Game profile

May 14th 2010, 5:33:53

i'm aussie and i think that penalty is not a clear cut penalty, but it's NOT a get out of jail free card either.

it wasn't the only average decision in the match, and we DEFINETLY benefitted from it with the earlier red carding of an italian for a yellow at best offence...

let's be realistic here!

hoop Game profile

May 14th 2010, 13:40:37

I hate the media. Lebron isn't going anywhere. The celtics out played the cavs. The celtics out played cleveland at their own game. Lebron isn't the second coming and he's shown virtually no sign at any point that he even cares about being the best basketball player in the world. He's an other worldly talent, but I'm pretty sure he sleeps before big games. I'm pretty sure he'll have no issue sleeping this summer either. We now have a truly great eastern conference finals where I truly have no idea who's going to win.

Detmer Game profile

May 14th 2010, 15:11:40

The NBA sucks because they play basketball.

Strife Game profile

May 14th 2010, 15:55:59

Go troll somewhere else Detmer

Detmer Game profile

May 14th 2010, 15:57:06

Originally posted by Strife:
Go troll somewhere else Detmer

Wow, I have never been accused of trolling before! (or at least, not in as long as I can remember)

Any suggestions for where I should take my services?

AoS Game profile

May 14th 2010, 15:59:05

I got your service right here :D

Strife Game profile

May 14th 2010, 16:09:25

Go troll the FFA boards :D

Viceroy Game profile

May 15th 2010, 0:54:07

Originally posted by hoop:
He's an other worldly talent, but I'm pretty sure he sleeps before big games. I'm pretty sure he'll have no issue sleeping this summer either.

Was his mom sleeping well too?

Or should we ask Delonte West?
And, Monsters, do not forget to specify, when time and place shall serve, that I am an ass.