Verified:

dagga Game profile

Mar 22nd 2011, 12:24:59

I will freely admit that I am a horrible netgainer that hasnt invested a lot of time in working out the best time to jump or destock properly, but I don't see why your top Demos/Theos would jump this early?

I'm convinced some fluffsure know-it-all will explain it to me in laymans terms but I'm assuming the guys who have jumped have already converted to MB reseller and are trying to resell in a tough market. Did they time their jump too soon?

Please explain! :)
signatures are stupid.
Months since LaF netgained: 22

NukEvil Game profile

Mar 22nd 2011, 12:47:25

Omega has always jumped sooner than we (Evo) have. This normally means that they won't finish as high as they would have had they waited, since the difference between private and public military prices will be lower now than they will be nearer the end of set.

However, there is a tight line between jumping too early, and jumping too late. Too early, and public military prices are too low. Too late, and mostly everyone else has already blown their stock and are reselling, and the only people buying are the late demo-destockers and the countries still at war (who are, by now, all restarts anyways).

If you want a better gauge on when to jump, look to LaF (since EVO are currently at war). Once their ANW gets above $20mil, JUMP EVERYTHING.
I am a troll. Everything I say must be assumed to be said solely to provoke an exaggerated reaction to the current topic. I fully intend to bring absolutely no substance to any discussion, ongoing or otherwise. Conversing with me is pointless.

SolidSnake Game profile

Mar 22nd 2011, 13:29:07

oh dear... do i really need to point out how wrong you are nuke?

I'd assume you were just giving dagga stupid information except i dont think you're a good enough netgainer to realise your incompetence.

NukEvil Game profile

Mar 22nd 2011, 13:47:07

*shrugs*

I'm just calling it like I see it. Sure, I left a few important tidbits out, for obvious reasons.

You seem to have this fixation on the word 'incompetent', or its derivatives. I'd assume you were just trying to deflect the feeling of inadequacy you have on yourself in your real life to someone you only see in an online forum, but we all know the old saying about assuming.
I am a troll. Everything I say must be assumed to be said solely to provoke an exaggerated reaction to the current topic. I fully intend to bring absolutely no substance to any discussion, ongoing or otherwise. Conversing with me is pointless.

highrock Game profile

Mar 22nd 2011, 14:54:20

Maybe we just have such huge stockpiles that we need to jump sooner :)
formerly Viola MD

Havoc Game profile

Mar 22nd 2011, 15:31:10

It's also generally less risky to jump too soon than be too late.

Theres also that we are old, lazy, and senile.

also, bingo
Havoc
Unholy Monks | The Omega

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Mar 22nd 2011, 15:44:06

omeeeega!!
you are all special in the eyes of fluff
(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

RUN IT IS A KILLER BUNNY!!!

locket Game profile

Mar 22nd 2011, 21:02:36

highrock FA'd them his stock all set and they had to jump a week or so earlier than anyone else :P

BobbyATA Game profile

Mar 22nd 2011, 23:45:00

who is gonna win ANW omega or laf? I've paid absolutely no attention...

highrock Game profile

Mar 22nd 2011, 23:53:35

@locket LOL i wish...not at these tech prices

@BobbyATA Laf
formerly Viola MD

dagga Game profile

Mar 23rd 2011, 0:41:59

Hmm. Thanks Nuke.
signatures are stupid.

H4xOr WaNgEr Game profile

Forum Moderator

Mar 23rd 2011, 0:45:14

there is a risk/reword balance to it.

jumping later a lot riskier, but has a lot more NW potential.

dagga Game profile

Mar 23rd 2011, 0:48:20

So Omega are more the blue-chip investor. Risk averse. Scaredy cats!
signatures are stupid.

highrock Game profile

Mar 23rd 2011, 1:05:38

Originally posted by H4xOr WaNgEr:
there is a risk/reword balance to it.

jumping later a lot riskier, but has a lot more NW potential.

I'm not sure that's true unless you jump off public market. Most of us jump off private, in which case the timing is usually determined by how much stock and how much land you have.
formerly Viola MD

Chewi Game profile

Mar 23rd 2011, 1:43:22

Assuming they tried jumping during the food peak?

Evolution Game profile

Mar 23rd 2011, 6:45:49

Originally posted by dagga:
I will freely admit that I am a horrible netgainer that hasnt invested a lot of time in working out the best time to jump or destock properly, but I don't see why your top Demos/Theos would jump this early?

I'm convinced some fluffsure know-it-all will explain it to me in laymans terms but I'm assuming the guys who have jumped have already converted to MB reseller and are trying to resell in a tough market. Did they time their jump too soon?

Please explain! :)

Kepler demonstrated the advantages of jumping early. Especially if they want to FA chain :O
Not posting on AT as much because Maki/Steeps gave back some of my forums on GHQ. RIP my decade long blog, my blog even had replies from people who are no longer with us :(.

henrik Game profile

Mar 23rd 2011, 6:49:48

Jumping off public now means having the rest of the reset off = the lazee way!

torment Game profile

Mar 23rd 2011, 11:43:21

When to jump depends on your strat, the set and your coutnry setup.

There you go! Theres my vague post for the week.

PS:sfluffs sucks balls lots.

Angel1 Game profile

Mar 23rd 2011, 14:18:05

Confirmed, Omegans are lazy. We like to have a one week vacation. Really just means that we actually have a week to devote to real life.
-Angel1

ld Game profile

Mar 23rd 2011, 20:22:14

technically you could jump off the public as a demo and just wait till prices rise a bit and resell off your PM later and keep gaining NW.
I imagine that jumping while food prices are high and while military prices are low is a good strategy for a techer, seeing that tech prices were pretty crappy early in the set and also late in the set... only the War tehcs were high for a few weeks due to the ECM/sof war. No point to keep on teching now i dont think. Cashers could have had a good set this set me thinks.

highrock Game profile

Mar 23rd 2011, 20:48:38

i thought we were playing first to 100M wins...
formerly Viola MD

Evolution Game profile

Mar 23rd 2011, 23:10:47

The real disadvantage of jumping early, is that you buff the public market back up and boost profit for enemy TTRs :X

You do win first to 100m, but I don't think netgainers count that anymore.
Not posting on AT as much because Maki/Steeps gave back some of my forums on GHQ. RIP my decade long blog, my blog even had replies from people who are no longer with us :(.

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Mar 23rd 2011, 23:51:04

highrock: if you jump only off your PM, you don't have enough stockpile hehe.... anybody with a decent sized stock will very quickly exhaust their PM... even over a few days... on 50kA my PM didn't last me through the first 1/3 of my stock last set...
Finally did the signature thing.

Mr.Silver

Mar 24th 2011, 0:04:49

If LaF doesn't win the AVNetworth crown they can be compared to a Patrick Stefan breakaway :P
http://www.youtube.com/...ch?v=k1Z9UspUHqg&NR=1

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Mar 24th 2011, 0:07:31

LOL!!! i forgot about that video!!!

Helmet Game profile

Mar 24th 2011, 0:33:54

I jumped entirely off my pm last set.

highrock Game profile

Mar 24th 2011, 1:08:21

Originally posted by Evolution:

You do win first to 100m, but I don't think netgainers count that anymore.

damn...that means i blew my load (of stock) too early...
formerly Viola MD

Lord Tarnava Game profile

Mar 24th 2011, 2:00:09

the difference for my country between jumping partial PM and public, and all PM is roughly 5m NW qz and I will have a massive stock.. and 70k land ;-)

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Mar 24th 2011, 2:04:09

err do you mean Public prices are lower than your PM? yea public is low right now, normally i jump last few days and public is higher than my PM (plus i usually go a little too heavy on military tech =/)

Lord Tarnava Game profile

Mar 24th 2011, 3:26:01

yes I'll be doing a jump EOS