Verified:

Pangaea

Administrator
Game Development

May 8th 2010, 5:34:29

So we deleted several countries on the Alliance and FFA servers this week. More information we've just released regarding the deletions can be found here:
http://forums.earthempires.com/...ation-on-recent-deletions

To clarify why we deleted the countries on the Alliance server; the countries were part of an ongoing cheating effort engaged in by several LAE leaders in FFA, and they used the same accounts to play in Alliance as well. This means that there were over a dozen accounts which were played by up to 4 players on the Alliance server.

While our initial post outlining why we deleted Alliance countries showed just cause regardless, it was heavily questioned by many. We felt the need to put this issue to rest, since the information has been released.

I encourage everyone to read that thread before fighting/flaming further. The point of it isn't to punish those offended, it's to shine light on an issue which is negatively impacting the game.

Thanks,
-Dave
-=Dave=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires' Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

Son Goku Game profile

May 8th 2010, 6:15:39

Must suck for the leaders in NA who weren't cheating.

Pretty pathetic.

FFWN Game profile

May 8th 2010, 6:22:40

To the earth empires staff great job. Mehul has nothing on you guys =)

Games are always better when you know mods are doing there best to keep it fair.
ICQ 563913303
~Drop your fence and scale the pants this is serious business~

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

May 8th 2010, 6:23:37

;)
Finally did the signature thing.

Skythe Game profile

May 8th 2010, 6:32:48

Yeah... good to see you guys caught it out, however, it does not give me much confidence in this community though that stuff like this is still happening despite how few people are playing than in the old days.

It's hard to save a community in which peoples ego's and attitudes are to the extent that they will cheat to win... at a text based game. Everyone is out for themselves, as long as they are on top.. anything goes - cheating, game killing policies, whatever......

btw. Llaar's Alliance server country (#119) wasn't removed, and yet in that thread on FFA server his name was specifically mentioned.

Any reason for this? I can see from the threads/screenshots that he did have knowledge of the cheating, but is his country still being in the game a sign he did not actually take part?

Considering he is the President of an Alliance on this server. More information would be appreciated. As by his title, he represents NA in this game.

Llaar, I've gone from respecting how far you have come from back when I used to play (running your own alliance with some of the members who I've had the pleasure of talking to who are really good people) to losing that respect, in seeing how low you could go.... I only hope this is a wake up call and you can turn yourself around back on the right path.

Edited By: Skythe on May 8th 2010, 6:38:39

LeftyHa8er Game profile

May 8th 2010, 7:28:44

cheat to win thats the name of my beer pong team :)

Skythe Game profile

May 8th 2010, 7:33:27

Yeah, I considered it might not actually be his country Earth Watcher, however he specifically stated it was in his declaration of war. Hence my question to the Admins.