Verified:

spawn Game profile

Jul 21st 2011, 15:39:59

i think the NW each acre gives should be increased from its current 45 NW to 450 NW.

this would prevent late starts, noobs and untaggeds from the massive farming in all servers without changing the game mechanics itself
/slap iZarcon

All your deleted countries are belong to me!

Detmer Game profile

Jul 21st 2011, 16:00:49

Hrm, greater NW stratification by land might not be a bad idea. I'd have to think about this idea in principle before addressing the number 450 as suggested.

caffeineaddict Game profile

Jul 21st 2011, 16:35:12

would you be thinking of increasing the nw of buildings too?

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jul 21st 2011, 16:42:50

interesting idea

could do something like that... didn't really consider that aspect of it much
Finally did the signature thing.

spawn Game profile

Jul 21st 2011, 16:49:52

hmm... i had forgotten about buildings

increasing land to 450NW might be a bit much then :P

maybe increase NW for buildings from 35NW to 140NW (4x) and land from 45NW to 270NW (6x)

so a 20k country, fully build would go from 1.6m to 8.2m NW
/slap iZarcon

Tin Man

Jul 21st 2011, 17:15:29

would make sense for the new grabbing rules where NW is more important then land in returns.

great idea IMO

Detmer Game profile

Jul 21st 2011, 17:16:24

The more I have thought about this, I am definitely in support of this suggestion.

Rockman Game profile

Jul 21st 2011, 18:26:14

This would make it harder for very big countries to bottomfeed, however it would also make growing super big even more powerful than it is right now.

I don't know if we need to be giving even more incentives to countries to grow big.

spawn Game profile

Jul 21st 2011, 18:29:46

how would it make growing super big more powerful?
/slap iZarcon

Detmer Game profile

Jul 21st 2011, 18:32:57

Originally posted by Rockman:
This would make it harder for very big countries to bottomfeed, however it would also make growing super big even more powerful than it is right now.

I don't know if we need to be giving even more incentives to countries to grow big.

I feel like this gives more incentive to other countries to try and grow big, rather than just having a few people camp DRs and bf the fluff out of untags.

Rockman Game profile

Jul 21st 2011, 18:35:41

Originally posted by spawn:
how would it make growing super big more powerful?

Because it gives a noticeable increase in networth to big countries, and it protects them further from topfeeders.

A 60k acre country would have 20m networth more than before.

spawn Game profile

Jul 21st 2011, 18:37:14

ok, but does he find enough targets to get to 60k?

and why wouldnt a military heavy country hit him?
/slap iZarcon

Detmer Game profile

Jul 21st 2011, 18:40:26

Originally posted by spawn:
ok, but does he find enough targets to get to 60k?

It sounds to me like he is going to have to start attacking other clans.

Marshal Game profile

Jul 21st 2011, 20:34:08

or intra-tag farming.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

Detmer Game profile

Jul 21st 2011, 20:35:16

Originally posted by Marshal:
or intra-tag farming.

That already is way too super powerful and will have to be dealt with politically or through game mechanics and should not serve to influence other ideas.

Marshal Game profile

Jul 21st 2011, 21:02:51

i'm waiting 1st war to happen due intag farming but doubt that would change much since war at team against alliances didn't change anything or changed only for short time.

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jul 21st 2011, 23:33:09

Your proposed rule change would not protect smaller countries in all circumstances.

Detmer Game profile

Jul 22nd 2011, 2:11:14

Originally posted by Slagpit:
Your proposed rule change would not protect smaller countries in all circumstances.

Elaborate?

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jul 22nd 2011, 4:25:46

My estimation is that the smaller country could fall out of range only if it had a higher NW/acre in the first place than the larger country. That isn't always true. You'd have to do the math to get the exact circumstances.

spawn Game profile

Jul 22nd 2011, 10:36:34

can you make a quick spreadsheet with examples Slag?
/slap iZarcon

Havoc Game profile

Jul 22nd 2011, 15:37:33

Eh this might fluff up FFA a bit..
Havoc
Unholy Monks | The Omega

NukEvil Game profile

Jul 22nd 2011, 16:57:29

No ghost acres for in-tag hits.

That would force alliances to cooperate on land trading practices.
I am a troll. Everything I say must be assumed to be said solely to provoke an exaggerated reaction to the current topic. I fully intend to bring absolutely no substance to any discussion, ongoing or otherwise. Conversing with me is pointless.

Detmer Game profile

Jul 22nd 2011, 16:58:42

Originally posted by NukEvil:

So what does that accomplish? I can land trade with qz really easily. Likewise PDM1 and PDM2 could land trade nP.

Marshal Game profile

Jul 22nd 2011, 20:48:34

Originally posted by NukEvil:

except detsg, 5 ps's in and retag and attacker gets ghosties, to avoid that detagger would need to wait 24+ hrs before being able to tag up on tag he/she left.

deepcode Game profile

Jul 23rd 2011, 21:20:08

/like

koonfasa

Jul 23rd 2011, 23:53:51

no one cares when I suggest anything dc...
but eventually, people come round, coz there's only so much to discuss.

It is good to spread out the NW of the players. Good players (or those with specific styles) will break off and not be able to hit the lower and we'll have to encourage more hitting with other clans within range.

But I dunno how forcing us to to change clan policies will work yet. We still need to reconfigure policies to permit hitting each other more freely (self-retals, or 24 hr retal window, or no first retal). Otherwise you develop a case of clan farming, where the entire team pushes a clan out of range.

btw I lost all my rants in the old rival site, if anyone knows how to get that (ziggy/pg/marcp ;OD)

Vic Rattlehead Game profile

Jul 24th 2011, 1:20:27

You would need a related increase in land upkeep for balance, I think.
NA hFA
gchat:
yahoo chat:

available 24/7

Marshal Game profile

Jul 24th 2011, 16:14:21

self-retalling wouldn't work since many wouldn't want to spend money on jets and oil to get their land back (actually part of it).

spawn Game profile

Jul 27th 2011, 15:19:26

ttt

this has not been implemented yet ;)
/slap iZarcon

enshula Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 27th 2011, 19:38:22

so you want to change the proportion of nw taken up by

land+buildings
tech+military

currently big countries sometimes try to run low military to be able to farm higher, that would be taken away and bottomfeeding would die out much quicker, perhaps put this in place when bots come in and its much easier to keep things graduated rather than having everyone simply stop growing at the same acreage

military heavy countries (or landthin countries) will be able to carry a much higher amount of mil+tech than landphat countries than currently

there wont be any hope of bouncing hits but if land+building net was boosted a lot all countries will be even more breakable at equal networths, there was some talk recently of dropping ps's or the third o ally or not making o allys contribute to ps's though

i dont think its a good idea but i can think of 2 things id have fun with if it did happen

self retals wouldnt combine well with this because of networths changing fairly dramatically

nw gained in a grab would be a lot closer to land % grabbed than it currently is, 10% grab +8% buildings on a dict would increase your nw by close to 18%, pretty much 18% after buying tech and some more defence

but then the other person trying to do the retal to get in the same bracket would have to buy way more jets than they need because jets would be worth so little comparatively

the other edge case would be a smaller in land country that jumps nw to hit a bigger country and ends up carrying so much defence that the retal becomes prohibitively expensive or dumps nw afterwards such that the retal is ineffective

another effect would be on stock stealers, who landgrab a lot of people more with the goal of grabbing stock and getting hard to kill than gaining land (partly because of the limit on dropping land), those people would go up in nw much faster and be much less effective similar to bottomfeeders

a big concern from this is it could make midfeeding much more effective perhap causing more people to get hit a lot until they were unable to be hit rather than hitting those who have already fallen behind

i would suggest doing it to a much smaller degree at first, after bots are in, but doing all the other things to help new players as well such as gradual DR removal and lower ghost acres for multiple hits by the same player and so on

Mapleson Game profile

Aug 15th 2011, 16:23:21

The dynamics of this suggestion are all wrong. The last time Mehul adjusted Networths, everything was changed and that's necessary to keep the game balanced.

Hitting up in networth, a 20k acre country can expect 1-2k land back plus 0.5-1k buildings. At the suggested NW values, that's 340k NW to 680k NW. Meaning any LG where less than 1.13m jets were lost would result in gaining NW. For a 60k acre country near the end of the reset in Alliance, they would be sucessfully topfeed where losses were under 3.4m jets.

Also, this would generate many more ghost acres due to diminished relative damage. Assuming a pair of land traders starting at 10k land, country A at $5m NW ($900k non-land NW) and country B at $6m NW ($1.9m non-land NW).

B hits A for 1000 (1000). A - 9083a, 4.61m; B - 12000a, 6.68m (91.66% damage)
B hits A for 908 (900). A - 8317a, 4.28m; B - 13808a, 7.29m (84.50% damage)
B hits A for 831 (732). A - 7658a, 3.99m; B - 15371a, 7.29m (79.36% damage)

Under current conditions, the second and third hits would have near the same reduced damage as the first, meaning this change would generate 6.5% more land per hit on average.

Increasing the relative NW of buildings/land will incenticize LGing, but the values of 6x land and 4x buildings are too high relative to the value of Military+Technology.

Jagrazor Game profile

Aug 16th 2011, 2:04:52

This would be a huge nerf to all-x strats.