Verified:

dagga Game profile

Aug 12th 2011, 5:33:21

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIcqb9hHQ3E

I have never heard of 'Dylan Ratigan' but damn it if that isn't the most hit-the-nail-on-the-head rant I've heard on this issue. This is the rest of the world speaking, sort your fluff out!
signatures are stupid.
Months since LaF netgained: 22

locket Game profile

Aug 12th 2011, 6:40:27

hmm I actually liked a fair bit of what he said :P shocked

Forsaken Game profile

Aug 12th 2011, 6:51:31

yeah screw the two america parties

;)

Forsaken for leader and congress of America

Forsaken Game profile

Aug 12th 2011, 6:53:10

Originally posted by Forsaken:
yeah screw the two america parties

;)

Forsaken for president and congress of America

Forsaken Game profile

Aug 12th 2011, 6:53:25

mess up

i quit

Jiman Game profile

Aug 12th 2011, 6:58:38

Too bad this won't happen until its too late.

paladin Game profile

Aug 12th 2011, 8:36:43

best dagga post ever.
-Paladin
Why the hell am I here?

Pain Game profile

Aug 12th 2011, 10:12:40

Originally posted by Jiman:
Too bad this won't happen until its too late.

you know what they say, better late then never.
Your mother is a nice woman

dustfp Game profile

Aug 12th 2011, 12:24:06

that guy is fkn awesome
best american ive ever heard :p

Originally posted by paladin:
best dagga post ever.

must agree there, out of character :p
-fudgepuppy
SancTuarY President
msn:
aim: fudgepuppy6988
http://collab.boxcarhosting.com

Erian Game profile

Aug 12th 2011, 14:02:15

Wow, he said this and wasn't assassinated the same day? Or taken to a "mental" institution for "processing"? Kudos

I hope you guys will find a way to make this change and kick money out of politics. I think this is the worst threat to western style democracy ever.

Detmer Game profile

Aug 12th 2011, 14:56:45

Never heard of him!? You must not watch enough MSNBC! ;)

Vic Rattlehead Game profile

Aug 12th 2011, 15:09:04

Solution to the problem: people who are net "receivers" in the tax system get no vote, only those who are net "payers." That way politicians are no incentivized to buy huge portions of the populace for votes. People who just suck on the government tit can't vote for more money. Those who vote will have a much greater stake and more motivation to be informed. Sure there are flaws, but less than in any other system I can figure. With this in place term limits would be the other major change we need.
NA hFA
gchat:
yahoo chat:

available 24/7

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Aug 12th 2011, 15:40:34

@vic: you essentially go back to a system where only the rich can vote and you disenfranchise sections of the population. We had essentially had that system in Canada (Technically the colonies of upper and lower Canada)once. The end result was very ugly.

Also you can provide benefits indirectly through subsidies and favorable legislation. In any case do you actually have any kind of statistics of what portion of the population are actually "net receivers" by your definition? I bet if voter turnout rate was much higher it wouldn't be enough to sway an election.

you are all special in the eyes of fluff
(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

RUN IT IS A KILLER BUNNY!!!

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Aug 12th 2011, 15:46:10

in any case.. I agree regarding the donation issue. However a recent US supreme court decision regarding donations basically means that it won't happen.
you are all special in the eyes of fluff
(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

RUN IT IS A KILLER BUNNY!!!

Dibs Ludicrous Game profile

Aug 12th 2011, 16:03:11

Originally posted by dagga:

I have never heard of 'Dylan Ratigan' but damn it if that isn't the most hit-the-nail-on-the-head rant I've heard on this issue. This is the rest of the world speaking, sort your fluff out!

can't listen to him, he needs to speak up because i went totally deaf by listening to all the advertisements on TV. we don't have the money anyway, the insurance companies have all the money.
There are no messages in your Inbox.
Elvis has left the building.

Vic Rattlehead Game profile

Aug 12th 2011, 16:12:47

Universal suffrage is not good for us. When the people realize they can vote themselves the treasury, etc.
NA hFA
gchat:
yahoo chat:

available 24/7

Detmer Game profile

Aug 12th 2011, 16:15:48

Originally posted by Vic Rattlehead:
Universal suffrage is not good for us. When the people realize they can vote themselves the treasury, etc.

It's worse when a few extremely rich individuals realize they can buy themselves the treasury.

trumper Game profile

Aug 12th 2011, 17:25:33

Originally posted by dagga:

The last thing we need is another screaming pundit of any variety saying everything sucks, everyone sucks and then offering no realistic solutions.

We need less Monday Morning QBing and more people saying here's a solution to the problems. Several of us were discussing actual fixes to the problems on another thread.

Aug 12th 2011, 17:30:18

solution? they've been running the country the same as Earth Netters... they don't try to build a country that is vialable and sustainable, they just abuse the crap out of it to jump into the top 10 at the end of the set.

trumper Game profile

Aug 12th 2011, 20:43:33

Originally posted by Dibs Ludicrous:
solution? they've been running the country the same as Earth Netters... they don't try to build a country that is vialable and sustainable, they just abuse the crap out of it to jump into the top 10 at the end of the set.

And then there are a few folks here who saved this game from oblivion because they cared about the community. I would say those are the type of people that can offer solutions. Identifying them is usually the tricky part. And you usually don't want to wait until panic has hit before you look for solutions.

Junky Game profile

Aug 12th 2011, 23:26:31

I wanna know when Super Delegates were made....
I Maybe Crazy... But atleast I'm crazy.

Aug 13th 2011, 0:04:59

Originally posted by trumper:
Originally posted by Dibs Ludicrous:

And then there are a few folks here who saved this game from oblivion because they cared about the community. I would say those are the type of people that can offer solutions. Identifying them is usually the tricky part. And you usually don't want to wait until panic has hit before you look for solutions.

you really need to rethink what oblivion means. the game started in like 1996? it's currently 2011. that's about 15 years out of eternity. heck, i only started smoking around 10 years before that. you have like a little tiny timeline of things. it was an ittsy bittsy teeney weeney yellow polka dot bikini... it ain't exactly firing on all 8 cylinders yet.

oats Game profile

Aug 13th 2011, 2:56:53

Americans - Listen to this guy!

It's Paul Martin, former finance minister of Canada. One of the dudes responsible for putting caps on third party political funding and advertising that has kept Canadian politics relatively sane (though it's quickly going downhill).

Remember the days when reason prevailed and responsibility to all the people of a country was important to politicians.

Listen to this guy, shake your heads and try to imagine politics that are not equivalent to a cage of monkeys throwing poo at one another in the centre of the big ring.

http://www.cbc.ca/...n-global-economic-crisis/

Aug 13th 2011, 3:00:52

is this the same guy that spotted the alien landings?

Junky Game profile

Aug 13th 2011, 3:51:52

Originally posted by oats:
Americans - Listen to this guy!

It's Paul Martin, former finance minister of Canada. One of the dudes responsible for putting caps on third party political funding and advertising that has kept Canadian politics relatively sane (though it's quickly going downhill).

Remember the days when reason prevailed and responsibility to all the people of a country was important to politicians.

Listen to this guy, shake your heads and try to imagine politics that are not equivalent to a cage of monkeys throwing poo at one another in the centre of the big ring.

http://www.cbc.ca/...n-global-economic-crisis/

down hill cause he's not there??

Foobooy Evolution Game profile

Aug 13th 2011, 3:56:42

Money is not the problem, idiot dependent voters are the problem.

Doesn't matter what you do, until idiots wise up or aren't allowed to vote, we will be in a mess.

Junky Game profile

Aug 13th 2011, 4:07:54

we need to stop donating to political figures.... let them go door to door... hell that can use Youtube to get their points across..

albob Game profile

Aug 13th 2011, 4:35:00

we've got the same issue down here in aussie, except i think we can one better. Our economy reliese heavily on other economies such as the us, uk, china etc Ie when others go down it directly impacts us immediately. However our government wants to introduce a carbon tax, thats right for the carbon businesses use they have to pay for it. (we'll be the first country in the world) then give at least 50% of that money back to low income familes... except its just BS they are using to try and sell it to the people.

The thing that pisses me off most is that in a democracy the parliment is supposed to be voted in by the people. The politicians can lie about as much bs post election, get voted in on that basis and then back flip on everything . Then when election time comes around, use tax payers money to swindle up an extravigant marketing campaign to get voted in again.

You wonder why riots occur,... people will eventially get fed up... i think its time to overhaul most of the 1st world governments / politicians.

Its now time for the governments to be fully accountable, when we are on the verge of whole economies going bankrupt...

--

AL

" You can never have too much cheese... unless your... "

Junky Game profile

Aug 13th 2011, 4:50:39

Originally posted by albob:
we've got the same issue down here in aussie, except i think we can one better. Our economy reliese heavily on other economies such as the us, uk, china etc Ie when others go down it directly impacts us immediately. However our government wants to introduce a carbon tax, thats right for the carbon businesses use they have to pay for it. (we'll be the first country in the world) then give at least 50% of that money back to low income familes... except its just BS they are using to try and sell it to the people.

The thing that pisses me off most is that in a democracy the parliment is supposed to be voted in by the people. The politicians can lie about as much bs post election, get voted in on that basis and then back flip on everything . Then when election time comes around, use tax payers money to swindle up an extravigant marketing campaign to get voted in again.

You wonder why riots occur,... people will eventially get fed up... i think its time to overhaul most of the 1st world governments / politicians.

Its now time for the governments to be fully accountable, when we are on the verge of whole economies going bankrupt...

eventually... sept it more then likely won't happen in the states.. and if they do happen it won't last long... cause they'll end up quitting the riot after they see the nearest fast food joint...

I think most people in the US have a pessimistic outlook at things going bad. "I'll riot tomarrow." type attitude.