Verified:

Atryn Game profile

Dec 11th 2011, 17:07:32

“The New York Times in 1944 asked Vice President Henry Wallace to answer the questions: What is a fascist? How many fascists have we? How dangerous are they? The Vice President’s answers were published on April 9, 1944, as the war against the Axis powers and Japan was drawing to a close. He wrote:

“The really dangerous American fascist… is the man who wants to do in the United States in an American way what Hitler did in Germany in a Prussian way. The American fascist would prefer not to use violence. His method is to poison the channels of public information. With a fascist the problem is never how best to present truth to the public but how best to use the news to deceive the public into giving the fascist and his group more money and more power.

They claim to be superpatriots, but they would destroy every liberty guaranteed by the Constitution. They demand free enterprise but are the spokesmen for monopoly and vested interest. Their final objective toward which all their deceit is directed to capture political power so that, using the power of the state and the power of the market simultaneously, they may keep the common man in eternal subjugation.”"

iScode Game profile

Dec 11th 2011, 20:40:29

soo there is no democratic or republican party, your all just a bnch of fascists?
iScode
God of War

DEATH TO SOV!

Dibs Ludicrous Game profile

Dec 11th 2011, 20:48:01

we had a VP named Henry Wallace?
he wasn't the guy who screamed "FREEDOM" at the top of his lungs right before he died from torture, was he? hmmm...
There are no messages in your Inbox.
Elvis has left the building.

iScode Game profile

Dec 11th 2011, 21:01:37

Originally posted by Dibs Ludicrous:
he wasn't the guy who screamed "FREEDOM" at the top of his lungs right before he died from torture, was he? hmmm...

no.
iScode
God of War

DEATH TO SOV!

Schilling Game profile

Dec 11th 2011, 21:19:33

Originally posted by iScode:
soo there is no democratic or republican party, your all just a bnch of fascists?

Basically.

locket Game profile

Dec 11th 2011, 21:36:39

Originally posted by Dibs Ludicrous:

lol made me laugh with that one

Garry Owen Game profile

Dec 12th 2011, 3:59:50

Originally posted by Atryn:
“His method is to poison the channels of public information. With a fascist the problem is never how best to present truth to the public but how best to use the news to deceive the public into giving the fascist and his group more money and more power.

They claim to be superpatriots, but they would destroy every liberty guaranteed by the Constitution. They demand free enterprise but are the spokesmen for monopoly and vested interest. Their final objective toward which all their deceit is directed to capture political power so that, using the power of the state and the power of the market simultaneously, they may keep the common man in eternal subjugation.”"

Wow. Sounds like a very accurate description of the modern democrat party...

llaar Game profile

Dec 12th 2011, 7:41:06

poison?

Atryn Game profile

Dec 12th 2011, 18:17:11

Interesting view Gary. I have never thought of Democrats as the champions of free enterprise or as claiming themselves as superpatriots. But I do agree that they are generally for the accumulation of political power.

The two-party system is being used to do both, kinda see-sawing between the two where each see-saw move ratchets up one side or the other... market-power... political power... market power... political power...

Detmer Game profile

Dec 12th 2011, 20:43:39

Originally posted by Atryn:
Interesting view Gary. I have never thought of Democrats as the champions of free enterprise or as claiming themselves as superpatriots. But I do agree that they are generally for the accumulation of political power.

The two-party system is being used to do both, kinda see-sawing between the two where each see-saw move ratchets up one side or the other... market-power... political power... market power... political power...

That sounds nothing like the Democrats and Garry knows it. His point is he doesn't believe that is an accurate description of republicans (who in my opinion that is a perfect description of, but I already considered the vast majority of national gop politics to be fascist before I read this quote)

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Dec 12th 2011, 22:49:04

They went a bit too far with Fox News and ppl are onto them now!
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com