Verified:

midevil.chaos Game profile

Mar 4th 2012, 6:26:18

I have heard - from different pp from different alliances - that retal policies were often unfair. I agree. Why not have a universal retal policy that would bind all clans - barring retal policies concerning allied clans (in which case, the retal policies doesn't matter, as it becomes internalized, and not externalized).

LittleItaly Game profile

Game Moderator
Alliance, FFA, & Cooperation

Mar 5th 2012, 2:35:54

because then you would eliminate a reason for war =P
LittleItaly
SOL Vet
-Discord: LittleItaly#2905
-IRC: irc.scourge.se #sol
-Apply today @ http://sol.ghqnet.com for Alliance

Forgotten

Mar 5th 2012, 2:45:47

the moment universal retal policies are enforced by the game itself,

is the moment the game loses a majority of it's playerbase
~LaF's Retired Janitor~

Marshal Game profile

Mar 5th 2012, 18:06:45

years ago retal policies were 1:1, 3:2, etc but nowadays those are 80% l:l or something like that.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

midevil.chaos Game profile

Mar 7th 2012, 16:45:37

I disagree LI. Clans go to war not because of that, rather because of too many grabs or because of clan tensions (including political).

Forgotten, that doesn't even make any sense. Read your statement and tell me that makes sense. It doesn't make any whatsoever.

Detmer Game profile

Mar 7th 2012, 19:07:06

Forgotten's post has the most merit in this thread. There are multiple reasons why it is a mistake to have a retal policy introduced as a game mechanic. Since there is no chance of this ever happening I will not spend time to elaborate further.

Mapleson Game profile

Mar 7th 2012, 21:30:00

midevil.chaos, LaF warred SOL last reset over their non-acceptance of 80% L:L. SOL lost the war and adopted the policy change that LaF desired. As a result, SOL has caused less conflicts with other clans this reset, as players are able to retal for their land instead of to some archaic policy.

What retal policies specifically do you (and those you are listening to) find unfair? Different alliances on different servers enforce different retal policies to different effectiveness. If you take that away, what exactly differentiates one alliance from another?