Verified:

blid

EE Patron

Mar 5th 2012, 16:24:19

1) Remove offensive and research alliances ASAP. This would obviously be easy to do, and I think the sooner the better so we don't have any more resets where the outcome is clouded because the potential winners have been leeching all set. I think offensive allies are pretty useless and should be removed completely. Research alliances could be removed for now to protect the new round, but could be reworked in the future possibly in a way that will prevent people from leeching.

OTOH defensive allies help the game, help people meet people, and even add another wrinkle to making attacks that is positive, so they should remain. This also would keep Tournament unique.

2) Fix Teams server. Either turn that server into something else or follow some of the suggestions to make it more about the five person teams. People have suggested hostile ops not being allowed without declaring wars, and only being able to be at war with one team at a time. I think there was a suggestion also for random teams. There are ideas out there.

3) Fix Express DR. This is already being worked on.
Originally posted by Mr. Titanium:
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

Marshal Game profile

Mar 5th 2012, 18:26:59

remove off allies but leave def allies? that would put small tags to bad situation where country with 15m turrets, 5m troops and 1m tanks and high weap and def allies having 6-7m turrets, 2-3m troops and 1m tanks makes 2 grabs against small tag so inside 48/72 hrs (48 hrs retal window is quite de facto atm) that alliance would need to get 1 country to 20m jets just to take 1st retal.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

blid

EE Patron

Mar 5th 2012, 18:53:22

I was talking about the solo servers Primary and Express. I don't play Alliance or Team right now but I don't see any reason why they shouldn't have every type of alliance since leeching and so on can be an alliance strategy.
Originally posted by Mr. Titanium:
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

caffeineaddict Game profile

Mar 5th 2012, 19:07:10

1) yes, remove off/res allies, but temper def allies so they can only provide 25% of their forces up to 25% of your forces. Having up to double your def is ridiculous and would mean a rank 50 player couldn't be grabbed by almost anyone if they had top 10 def allies.

trainboy Game profile

Mar 7th 2012, 1:12:57

yeh if you remove off allies make it 1 def ally equal to like a ps so its balanced

Tertius Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 7th 2012, 4:25:15

If you're only talking about solo servers, off allies aren't overly used since people hate having all of their jets destroyed by an ally farming, otherwise allies tend to make PS's so the benefit is weak.

In general though, allies on solo servers helps players meet players, but it always gives an edge to those who have friends or who have been around a bit. In some sense, I guess that's part of the game. To be fair, I do know one or two of the top guys who always gets random allies and still competes fairly well.