Verified:

DM Game profile

Patron

Apr 3rd 2012, 19:13:55

Before I get into the questions, I have been gone for almost a year and only logged in last night for a few mins, so these things may have been asked before and shot down for justifiable reasons.

Any possibility that we can get a custom option to make more than one "Custom" portal?

Any way we can define our own start up and save it within the start-up manager? It would be cool to be able to make your own strats and it would be even cooler if we could "Send" those strats to other users if they like.

Thanks

Marshal Game profile

Apr 3rd 2012, 20:02:01

in ffa you can get custom portal (semi-sorta).

we can't make our own auto-start ups but it would be nice especially at ffa (16 countries with same start is PIA), sharing start ups with others could be nice.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

NukEvil Game profile

Apr 3rd 2012, 20:06:35

Yeah, it could be a bit like facebook, where you create a strat, and share it with your friends! Others can like and dislike your strat. Only problem I can see is when someone decides to get "cute" and upload a strat which turns your pristine country into a rainbow ran by Fred.
I am a troll. Everything I say must be assumed to be said solely to provoke an exaggerated reaction to the current topic. I fully intend to bring absolutely no substance to any discussion, ongoing or otherwise. Conversing with me is pointless.

DM Game profile

Patron

Apr 4th 2012, 0:50:33

Well, if someone allows a strat to be shared it would be their better judgement to trust the person who made it. However, making an option to show a user an example build/country status before they use it.

I used the custom option their, however it will not allow me to move columns from right to left. Turns for example I would like off to the right. What would be really nice is to allow users to have the option to sort of create their own reptile style layouts. Allow users to make more than one layout for different stages of the countries. Someone may want to get on this week and use their kill/buy our prep layout and when the time come to kill or do their buy out, drop down a menu and select the custom layout. Earthstats had a nice drag and drop feature for their layout stuff and I know you guys are anti-JS, but it would be cool if you could do some simple drop downs to allow users to pre-define where/how they want their tables and cols layed out.

As for the strat maker, that would be easy. It would essentially just be a script of IF statements. Create drop downs and input boxes for the user to define what turns and methods/actions take place and when. Just add a "Strat Name" col and bam. We be good.

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Apr 6th 2012, 6:04:28

we'll probably start adding more JS in heh; I'm not so much anti-JS as that I want things to still work *without* js, which means making a non-js solution to start at least; (you'll note the fast-attacking with JS is much more efficient, hence why we added it, but there's a non-js option).

columns aren't rearrangable atm because custom layouts are stored as an int (ie binary 10100101110110011 with the columns you have, and then that's compressed into an int), so there's nowhere for location data; it's a very simple quick setup; anything fancier would require a much more complex solution :) which i'd be all for, but it's lower on the priority list than a number of other things we're working on :)
Finally did the signature thing.