Verified:

PeaceMaker

Apr 1st 2012, 8:02:20

Is it possible to always have the lowest prices on the market, hence domanting business, therefor forcing others to buy only from him/her and sell to private market???
Humble & Subtle. Even in the worse of times...

PeaceMaker

Apr 1st 2012, 8:03:33

Cuz i do believe someone is doing it.

McPimp Game profile

Apr 3rd 2012, 19:22:20

it is theoretically possible but very very unlikely

blid

EE Patron

Apr 3rd 2012, 19:26:31

People can undercut your prices. Also it's very hard to supply everyone in the game by yourself - more likely if you price the lowest, all your goods will be bought.

The only time you see something like this is from Demos doing buy-outs. For example, a demo with $1-2b could buy all the oil, and resell it at a higher price. If people try to undercut, the Demo could potentially buy that oil too, and resell it as well for even more profit.
Originally posted by Mr. Titanium:
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

JJ23 Game profile

Apr 3rd 2012, 19:44:08

the only problem with that is more and more people are producing oil early so they dont need to buy it for a while. also, by spending all ur $$ buying oil, you will be light on defense because you are taking all the $$ that you would have otherwise spent on defense/food/tech on oil. its a risk reward strategy but is very difficult to pull off unless you have someone else joining in with you and/or can be logged in around the clock.
Originally posted by blid:
The way my 30m got busted was the ultimate in nobility and self-sacrifice because I could have simply canceled the alliance but I was too big a person to do so.

Dibs Ludicrous Game profile

Apr 3rd 2012, 20:38:16

my guess would be yes, if it's something that nobody wants to buy.
There are no messages in your Inbox.
Elvis has left the building.

tduong Game profile

Apr 3rd 2012, 22:46:39

Originally posted by PeaceMaker:
Is it possible to always have the lowest prices on the market, hence domanting business, therefor forcing others to buy only from him/her and sell to private market???

that's called undercutting and people do it all the time
I haven't had a wrong opinion in years

PeaceMaker

Apr 3rd 2012, 23:26:22

Yeah well its getting annoying I mean who undercuts a bushel going for $30 I had to go all the way to $23 to get a sale.

Dibs Ludicrous Game profile

Apr 3rd 2012, 23:31:02

you're doing something wrong. i've sold bushels for like $32 on private. think they start out selling for $29 or $27 on private. so, you basically just gave somebody $6 per bushel profit not counting tax.
There are no messages in your Inbox.
Elvis has left the building.

JJ23 Game profile

Apr 4th 2012, 1:43:38

29 is PM without any military tech unless you are a theo. obv you pay 0 in taxes so you net 29.. which is the same price as you selling for 31 on the pub market, only more beneficial because you dont waste a turn.

anyone with tech will be able to raise that price up to 35.. IMO. if Public market prices are 35 or less, i would just rather sell on the private market...

i mean. say i sell 1M at 30 versus 34. i really only net 2 dollars more the 34 bushels on the pub market, except demos. but i wasted a turn that i could have used for something more critical, building, teching, etc.

plus i get my cash instanteously.. without having to wait for my bushels to be bought.
The way my 30m got busted was the ultimate in nobility and self-sacrifice because I could have simply canceled the alliance but I was too big a person to do so.