Verified:

iScode Game profile

Jun 15th 2012, 7:46:09

Does everyone agree that a tag is responsible for a country that detags for 72 hours or is that no longer in place anymore?
iScode
God of War

DEATH TO SOV!

Pride Game profile

Jun 15th 2012, 7:47:43

I'd say no.

locket Game profile

Jun 15th 2012, 7:52:56

From what I know it is still in place. I see no hits on Imag though?

iScode Game profile

Jun 15th 2012, 7:55:01

this has nothing to do with hits, im considering that if i am responsible for a country that detags for 72 hours, then i am also responsible for its defence, therefor if someonee hits a country that has detagged from imag within that 72 hour period, we can retal for it.

I dont see why that shouldn't be acceptable if im responsible for that country for 72 hours.
iScode
God of War

DEATH TO SOV!

Crippler ICD Game profile

Jun 15th 2012, 7:58:05

lmao
Crippler
FoCuS
<--MSN
CripplerTD

[14:26] <enshula> i cant believe im going to say this
[14:26] <enshula> crippler is giving us correct netting advice

bertz Game profile

Jun 15th 2012, 7:59:59

It means you have to pay reps or responsible in killing the bastard in case it will suicide to other alliance.
Not the other way around. lol

iScode Game profile

Jun 15th 2012, 8:00:25

why not?
iScode
God of War

DEATH TO SOV!

Crippler ICD Game profile

Jun 15th 2012, 8:03:21

i'm surprised it took 10+ years for this to be brought up lol
Crippler
FoCuS
<--MSN
CripplerTD

[14:26] <enshula> i cant believe im going to say this
[14:26] <enshula> crippler is giving us correct netting advice

locket Game profile

Jun 15th 2012, 8:04:54

Because it would be exploited heavily and you know it :P Same goes for the opposite if it didn't exist.

Imag mad at Monsters? Detag and suicide and deny responsibility.

Imag short on land? Detag, drop some D, get hit a ton, retal for millions of land, retag, win :P

iScode Game profile

Jun 15th 2012, 8:23:16

so what your saying is, netters can have their cake and eat it to? why cant you just check to make sure a country has been detagged or 72 hour before hitting?

what if a country is detagged you hit it straight away and he gets tripple tapped. he then suicides the alliance rather than the country that hit him, is the original tag still responsible?
iScode
God of War

DEATH TO SOV!

bertz Game profile

Jun 15th 2012, 8:30:53

Yes. If the member detagged is a potential suicider, then the responsible tag should have killed him right away.
But that's my opinion.

OT: word "suicider" not an English word?lol. Firefox says so

ClayQ Game profile

Jun 15th 2012, 8:44:57

This thread has merit.

Red X Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express & Team

Jun 15th 2012, 9:31:01

if someone farms said member that detags then thats on them if they unload all there nukes etc

it becomes the other alliances fault imho for not getting rid of missiles and for not blowing up air bases if you decided to farm someoen capable of suciding.
My attitude is that of a Hulk smash
Mixed with Tony Montana snortin' bags of his coke stash
http://nbkffa.ghqnet.com

Dooman Game profile

Jun 15th 2012, 9:34:00

I think it all comes down to who's at fault?

I wouldn't feel responsible for killing someone who suicided if they had gotten farmed the second they de-tagged by an alliance.

But if they de-tag, then immediately suicide. Thats a different story. Then you did harbour a suicider, whether you knew it or not.

Flamey Game profile

Jun 15th 2012, 10:37:56

I think an alliance that let a country spend time growing in their alliance giving it protection to build up is responsible for it if it causes damage.

I believe SoF has indefinate responsibility until it joins another alliance (unless that country spent less than a week in SoF) and then we just to the normal 72hr exluding vacation.

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Jun 15th 2012, 11:49:40

dunno. I would usually include the 72 hour clause into all pacts I would sign with tags and found everyone was pretty good about it. My view was that if it wasn't part of a pact then there was no responsibility for one second past the detagging, although this never became an issue.
you are all special in the eyes of fluff
(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

RUN IT IS A KILLER BUNNY!!!

Rockman Game profile

Jun 15th 2012, 11:58:34

Originally posted by iScode:
Does everyone agree that a tag is responsible for a country that detags for 72 hours or is that no longer in place anymore?

His prior tag is responsible for his country until his country joins a new alliance. Even if that takes more than 72 hours.

Kumander Otbol

Jun 15th 2012, 12:05:02

with topic on hand, i remember an MDer last set who detagged and later joined RD. But that country was killed by MD even if he has already tagged up RD.
Originally posted by cypress:
no reason to start slacking just because they are getting FA

fluff them....we'll steamroll them even with the FA they are getting

Murf Game profile

Jun 15th 2012, 12:22:37

Didn't a lcner jump tags to war laf and sof

Boltar Game profile

Jun 15th 2012, 13:55:33

my opinion.. if someone detags.. and is hit "first" by other people in a unacceptable way.. then whatever he does , should not be responsible for his former clan to take care, if he missile retals after being farmed and RoR'ed.. oh well u shouldnt have farmed or RoR'ed him just cause he untagged from an alliance.

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 15th 2012, 14:08:18

Given how shady you can be, as a player, responsibility is kind of a moot point. For instance if I wanted to get an alliance in trouble all I have to do is join under a new name, build up, and sucide on their biggest enemy. They have no way to prevent this and this was my goal the entire time.

de1i Game profile

Jun 15th 2012, 14:14:18

IMO I feel that the idea behind the 72 hr responsibility is as a courtesy to your allies not the person leaving your tag.

Your tag helped that country grow and should it detag and suicide (without 'just cause' within 72 hours) you should be held to a certain limited responsibility for it.

That responsibility does not/should not apply to any incoming hits that country receives, because the reason for it's detagging is to sever all relations with your alliance and part of that is your tag protection. Whether it detagged itself or you detagged it is a moot point.

Now who should be held accountable if it suicides a country or tag that had grabbed it (multiple times or even one) after it detagged is a whole different story but I don't think that has much to do with the question you had.

Edited By: de1i on Jun 15th 2012, 14:30:08
See Original Post

Atryn Game profile

Jun 15th 2012, 18:53:11

de1i is wise.

Xinhuan Game profile

Jun 15th 2012, 20:14:29

this has nothing to do with hits, im considering that if i am responsible for a country that detags for 72 hours, then i am also responsible for its defence, therefor if someonee hits a country that has detagged from imag within that 72 hour period, we can retal for it.

I dont see why that shouldn't be acceptable if im responsible for that country for 72 hours.

Because, if he is untagged for 72 hours and yet is protected both ways, then he's not really an untagged, and such a country under your protection can still prepare to suicide on the 73rd hour.

The whole point of suicide tag responsibility is to prevent that and have a 72 hour period of time to kill a detagger (potential suicider).

If you insisted on having 72 hours retal protection, my pacts would require you to have 144 hours of suicide protection.

H4xOr WaNgEr Game profile

Forum Moderator

Jun 15th 2012, 20:17:17

scode: I have made this argument in the past as well (that if we are responsible for what a country does after it is untagged, then we have a right to defend it as well).

I believe I used this argument consistently with PDM in the past.

Most people don't seem to agree with it though, but I support you buddy *thumbs up*

But to more directly answer your question: Most people don't accept it as "standard policy" e.g. it needs to be explicitly stated in the pact terms.

iScode Game profile

Jun 15th 2012, 20:54:09

oh this has nothing to do with pacted alliances people, this is simply for unpacted alliances. If one of my countries detagged and hit and hit an ally, i would never question not being responsible.

I mean is it widely accepted for unpacted alliances?
iScode
God of War

DEATH TO SOV!

de1i Game profile

Jun 15th 2012, 20:59:23

Originally posted by Xinhuan:

The whole point of suicide tag responsibility is to prevent that and have a 72 hour period of time to kill a detagger (potential suicider).

Xin said something I meant to add in my first post and expand upon hence the quote above. If you follow a 72 hour policy it is as a courtesy to everyone else essentially to give them adequate time to kill a country they feel that may be a potential risk to them.

If you want that policy to become two sided you should probably have reasonable justification for them being untagged in the first place. Because like I said previously IMO the whole point/reason for someone to be untagged/detagged whether it be by their choice or yours is to sever all relationship with your tag. Not to say you need to have a reason to do anything in this game but it does help at times :)

de1i Game profile

Jun 15th 2012, 21:02:11

oh this has nothing to do with pacted alliances people, this is simply for unpacted alliances. If one of my countries detagged and hit and hit an ally, i would never question not being responsible.

I mean is it widely accepted for unpacted alliances?

In my experiences pacting recently and in the past I think that most alliances do follow a 72 hour policy but it is in their pact terms. What you do and don't follow in regards to
an unpacted alliance is really up to you and how you feel about your relationship with that alliance :)

iScode Game profile

Jun 15th 2012, 21:14:39

yeah i do get that de1i, i ws just wondering if there was a normal accepted policy by majority.
iScode
God of War

DEATH TO SOV!

Mr.Silver

Jun 15th 2012, 21:28:13

72. is the normal accepted policy for pacted and unpacted alike.

however if say 73 hours after detagging a country suicided an alliance.

it would be asserted that it's very likely the alliance the country was a part of before knew ahead of time that it would hit.

iTarl Game profile

Jun 16th 2012, 0:48:05

z

Xelah Game profile

Jun 16th 2012, 3:44:13

I agree with something said earlier, it the country detags, and immediately gets farmed, then suicides the attacker, I'd tell the attacker's alliance to deal with it themselves, unless I had a pact stating otherwise.
--Xelah
Death Knights
-*-*- First to get banned from the new forums 04-05-2010 -*-*-

melvin85 Game profile

Jun 16th 2012, 5:33:25

I did that last reset but no ppl farm me......

iScode Game profile

Jun 16th 2012, 5:35:57

lol
iScode
God of War

DEATH TO SOV!

Oceana Game profile

Jun 16th 2012, 11:52:40

I would say if you farmed him when he detagged you are at his mercy however he wants to retal for your hits. he became a 1 country tag, you didn't negotiate a policy with or ask him his own retal policy so too bad if you can't handle a 1 man tag then your tag has other issues that you should be looking at.

If he detags and without cause just suicides on you, then yes his (ex)clan might be involved in the reps.

Xelah Game profile

Jun 17th 2012, 2:37:19

Another thread brings to mind a different question. Why do we still stick 72 hours to this when retals are only acceptable for 48? Shouldn't clans only be responsible for 48 hours if a guy detags?
--Xelah
Death Knights
-*-*- First to get banned from the new forums 04-05-2010 -*-*-

Xinhuan Game profile

Jun 17th 2012, 3:53:00

It's only 72 hours because the pacts say 72. It's often overlooked because detaggers don't usually occur anyway.